Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 29th June 2010, 10:42   #136
Senior - BHPian

Few more pics of the Magarpatta city which we hunted for about 1.5 hours after reaching Pune..Phew!! Never have searched for anything more than this city.

BTW - My brother had driven down from Delhi to Pune in My friends Zen ( at whose place we stayed in Pune ) about 1.5 months back when he was relocating and he still did not remember the way to his place..lol
Attached Images

harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 12:36   #137
MX6
Senior - BHPian

The route to Magarpatta is pretty straight forward. You get off the NH4 near Aundh. Take the road to University. Cross sivaji nagar - cross the sancheti bridge (it's a straight road) all the way till MG road. Take a right and proceed to Solapur road. Then branch off from Magarpatta city corner once you near Hadapsar to go to Magarpatta.
Anyway, this is the place where we missed meeting each other!
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 16:29   #138
Senior - BHPian

Hey MX6,

Do you stay in Magarpatta or around that area. Are you aware of the Coccon hotel in Magarpatta, If yes how is it??
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 09:33   #139

I'm not sure if i can carry out with this travelogue as suggested by my Hubby. He only told me about it today.

Please let me know.
poojanayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 10:22   #140
BHPian

Hi Pooja,

You can carry on I guess.
sami316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2011, 04:15   #141
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully

Sorry to wait for about an year to restart this thread as i was not eligible to continue for about 6 months due to my own doings

Continued

Since the friend whom we visited was a school friend so we partied hard that night and woke up early morning at about 8 and his wife was kind enough to make nice breakfast for us and also pack some lunch for the drive ahead.

We started at about 9:00 am and Drove non-stop for about 450 kms to reach Goa at around 6:00 pm

Since we did not have GPS so we lost way and took the Belgaum route to reach Goa through one of the most notorious route in that area famous for thefts and burglary ( i dont remember the name of that area ) however we were lucky enough to find a lost Linea too and just kept blindly following him to keep company.

I have few videos showing my brothers emotions ( he's little weak hearted ) while passing from there which i would post at a later date. Also one major concern was we were running out of fuel and there were no signs of even a human being leave alone a petrol pump and what with me still insisting on keeping the AC on .

But battling all the odds we managed to reach Goa in about 9 hours. Accomodation was not a problem as my cousin was working there and had an apartment for us to rest our heels in.
Old 20th March 2011, 13:09   #142
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully

Hi Harish,

Good to see that you have started this thread again.... I am a fellow Konkani from Bombay but am currently based in Delhi and plan to do Delhi-Bombay in June this year in my Swift along with my wife and kid. I am planning to do Delhi-Ahd on Day 1 with a night halt and Ahd-Bombay on Day 2, 'cos I don't think that my wife and kid will be able to do that drive non-stop. Also I will be the only one driving so guess I will also need the break. Do let me know what preparations I need to do for this trip as the longest drive I have been on was Bombay-Goa (twice) many years ago with my friends and never been on such a long trip with family.
eltoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2011, 10:07   #143
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltoro View Post
Hi Harish,

Good to see that you have started this thread again.... I am a fellow Konkani from Bombay but am currently based in Delhi and plan to do Delhi-Bombay in June this year in my Swift along with my wife and kid. I am planning to do Delhi-Ahd on Day 1 with a night halt and Ahd-Bombay on Day 2, 'cos I don't think that my wife and kid will be able to do that drive non-stop. Also I will be the only one driving so guess I will also need the break. Do let me know what preparations I need to do for this trip as the longest drive I have been on was Bombay-Goa (twice) many years ago with my friends and never been on such a long trip with family.
Hey Eltoro,

Nice to meet you here. If you want to have a break journey then i would suggest you to have a stopover at Udaipur first rather than AHD considering the distance.

I'm not sure how old your kid is but if hes too young then i would also suggest you to book a hotel in advance rather than wasting time looking for it once you reach there. It's easy when it's only adults.

Preparations

Ensure that your car is properly service before the trip
Tyres should have decent tread if not new along with a good spare tyre
Carry a map if you don't have GPS although the road is arrow straight from DL to MH
Carry some basic medicines
Keep water/juice biscuits etc at all times especially for your kid

The list can go on and on depending on how detailed you are..im not

To be honest i did not prepare too much for this trip besides getting my car uptodate as this was my 2nd trip on the same highway , here is the story of the 1st trip which would give you more insight of a novice long distance travelers thoughts

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...lhi-spark.html (Road trip : Delhi - Karnataka - Delhi on Spark)

Hope this helps!!
Old 21st March 2011, 10:25   #144
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltoro View Post
what preparations I need to do for this trip
Please carry the following:

* Original car documents [RC, PUC certificate, insurance policy, etc.] and driving licence
* Spare key [to be carried by the driver/accompanying passenger]
* Fully inflated spare wheel with tool kit
* Spare headlamp bulbs
* Umbrellas
* Lots of drinking water, fruits, snacks, etc.
* Lots of coins/currency notes of various denominations to pay for toll
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote