Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 29th May 2010, 01:44   #1
BHPian

Default A not so typical day

Motor heads !!! this is a long post. Hence a Discalimer

This will not be entertaining to everyone. Please read at your own risk.

May 28 - Friday morning.

I wake up in the morning and the sun begins to shine... lol no it was shining for the past 2 hours. Man I have nothing to do. no need to shave the stubble, no need to iron clothes, no need to shower in a hurry and no need to rush to office after breakfast... I am jobless from today to next wednesday. Yeah I quit and will take up new assignment miles apart.. hmm oceans apart. I am flying out of country next week. Do i sound excited? hmm no, i love the freedom of India, the people, everything except Vitamin M here.

Ok... On Sunday is my best friend's wedding, So let me go to Trivandrum. While brushing I notice my hair.. it was like semi Sam Kapasi (Sameer bhai, pun intended). In fact I cant pull it off like Sam, he is super duper handsome to bowl over a german beauty. Well in short, I like to keep my hair short. So I go to the nearby "barber shop"

Parked my car in front of the shop and went inside. The hair dresser was attending to a guy and i sat on the bench which had some funky fashion magazines. I spend a good 15 minutes drooling over the models in lingerie and stuff like that.

20 minutes - still trimming the other guys hair
30 minutes - still trimming
40 minutes - the hairdresser starts to mix hair dye.

I walk out to my car, light up a cancer causing thing, finished that and left the place - I can manage for 2 more days with a little longer hair,

Came home, better half says that the haircut is awesome, there is no difference at all. I said i didnt have a haircut at all and went to shower.

Out of shower by 9:50, got dressed and had a great breakfast - thin dosas with prawn sambal. By 10:30 I left home alone. wife and kid stayed back because we have already travelled 3000 kilometers in the past 2 weeks.

So it was a bachelor's drive - me and my 2 friends.Picked them up from their place and started by 11 AM.

Thanks to the Elevated highway, we crossed Bangalore really fast and were cruising on the NH-7. Had a pit stop at A2B, filled Alto to the brim and had a plate of chapathis each. (we had 2 chapatis each, No, we are not on a diet, will come to know the reason a little later)

The drive was awesome with very little traffic and constantly doing 120, we reached Dindigul by 4:30. We took the service road which lead towards Dindigul. Stopped at the first petty shop and asked for directions to "Thalapakattu Biriyani". The answer was "there is only one "Thalapakattu Biriyani Hotel and its near manikoondu (clock tower)". We went towards toward clock tower and found the restaurant. Man its small, on the front there was a banner saying "We have opened a branch in Chennai for the first time"

We managed to find a table to seat 3 and without any questions 3 biriyanis came to our table. I should say its wonderful, awesome, all the good words. Man the biriyanis taste superb. However the quantity is on the lower side and we had to order one more each . So totally - 3 of us had 6 biriyanis.

So finally we tasted the much hyped "Thalapakattu Biriyani" - It tasted good, however it doesnt live up to the hype. I have had biriyanis at some other hotels in Dindigul and they taste the same as this and cost way lesser than this.

Oops I forgot to mention about one "Mutton Varuval" I ordered, it came in a plate which is of the same size of the lid of small horlicks bottle and they charge 100 + for that.

So with heavy stomach and a much lighter wallet we start from Dindigul. Then it was a drive of about 3 hours to Nagercoil which is my home town. Came home, had a shower and for mom's happiness had 2 chapathis with potato stew and came in straight to Team-BHP.

You might be cursing me. But i have told you earlier, Its a long post and may not be entertaining to everyone. You have read at your own risk.

Tomorrow I am going to a beach resort near to Kovalam beach. Will keep you all posted with pics of the pristine beaches.
krsh77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 06:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nagercoil uh?! I grew up there, was there all my school life - in SLB and CSI. Any photos from the drive?
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 10:14   #3
BHPian

I too did all my schooling here. Carmel and SLB
Old 1st June 2010, 18:00   #4
BHPian

All, iam travelling now and I am posting this message from Dubai.

I had a great time in one of the beach resorts around Kovalam and I will post the pics once I reach and settle down in Riyadh.
Old 5th June 2010, 15:36   #5
BHPian

Default Travancore Heritage

All,

Here are the pics from the beach resort. More to follow.
Attached Images

Old 5th June 2010, 15:43   #6
BHPian

Well.. I am not sure how to insert comments between photographs
Attached Images

Old 5th June 2010, 15:45   #7
BHPian

The last set of pics from the resort...
Attached Images

Last edited by krsh77 : 5th June 2010 at 15:47.
Old 5th June 2010, 16:46   #8
BHPian

Little log but lots of photos, Thanks krsh77.
ranjith.rajaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 21:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

The resort looks beautiful; hope they served you good food & treated well isn't it?
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 22:37   #10
BHPian

Travancore heritage is @ Poovar not at Kovalam . We used to have our project parties there when i was in trivandrum

Nice photos though...
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 23:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

wow , the resort looks beautiful.
But im more interested in the Biriyani place , where exactly is on Nh7 and how far from A2B.
vinaydas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 14:18   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
wow , the resort looks beautiful.
But im more interested in the Biriyani place , where exactly is on Nh7 and how far from A2B.
The Biriyani place is in Dindigul, it will be 4 hours from Krishnagiri A2B. You need to go into Dindigul town.

I just googled and came across their website.

Thalappakatti Naidu Biriyani Restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Travancore heritage is @ Poovar not at Kovalam . We used to have our project parties there when i was in trivandrum

Nice photos though...

Yes sir, I mentioned it as near to Kovalam because Kovalam is a prominent landmark to many people here than Poovar. Anyways thanks for pointing it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
The resort looks beautiful; hope they served you good food & treated well isn't it?

The food is awesome. You get Breakfast and (Lunch or Dinner) as compliment.

Last edited by F50 : 8th June 2010 at 05:17.
Old 7th June 2010, 15:53   #13
Senior - BHPian

If only you had captioned each photograph, it would've made it that much more interesting.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 15:58   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
If only you had captioned each photograph, it would've made it that much more interesting.

Yes Sir, i agree I messed it up by not adding captions... Next time I will do that.
Old 7th June 2010, 16:19   #15
BHPian

Thumbs up

well, what a wonderful way to set on a journey. I wish I could often do the way you do

sighhh...note the 'angresi' in this pic..closed in his own world..without a care for anything else..from the same resort

or if you drive further down from the TH, you could see

and swim here

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here to view our simple help article on uploading pictures. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th June 2010 at 10:59. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
Mysticeyes is offline   Reply With Quote