Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street and Travel Experiences > Travelogues

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2010, 23:47   #1
BHPian

Default monsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara

started from kochi @ 6.45Am. Took the route muvattupuzha->thodupuzha->erattupetta->vagamon. 120kms. it was the most relaxed drive i ever had . kept at a max of 70kph and got an average of 23.2 km/l till erattupetta. dropped to 21 when reaching vagamon as i was driving at a max of 40kph from erattupetta. climate was perfect - overcast. so not much heat . reached vagamon by 10.30. had a good hot cup of coffee from a small hotel and proceeded to vagamon meadows. the wind is just too good and sounds even better. then proceeded to
pine valley. spend some time there. Had lunch from summer sands resort nearby pine valley. food was expensive but very good.
monsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0267.jpg
monsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0272.jpg
monsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0277.jpg
monsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0278.jpg
monsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0290.jpg
monsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0291.jpg
monsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0296.jpg
monsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0297.jpg
monsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0279.jpg
monsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0285.jpg
Left for elappara and the drive is great. watch out for "jeep"ers the creepers who creeps out from nowhere to front of your car. tooks snaps on the way and reached parunthumpara by 2.30Pm and it is really a wonderful place to be (thanks jk for suggesting this place), If u want to do a photoshoot of your car take it here and pray for a cloudy day. I was blessed . Took some good shots ( i think so) of my punto and decided to visit panchalimedu and then return to kochi Just after crossing peermade it started raning heavily and had no option but to abandon panchalimedu visit. There was some accident in KK road which help up traffic for around 2 hours. returned via kanjirappali, thiruvanchoor, ettumaoor, thalayolaparambu to kochi. Keepin it short .
monsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0343.jpgmonsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0351.jpgmonsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0349.jpgmonsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0355.jpgmonsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0356.jpgmonsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0362.jpgmonsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0369.jpgmonsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0306.jpgmonsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0312.jpgmonsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0325.jpgmonsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0341.jpg[monsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0371.jpgmonsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0392.jpgmonsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0397.jpgmonsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0401.jpgmonsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0408.jpgmonsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0410.jpg
Have a look at the snaps ( The light was too good @ parunthumpara ) and do comment

P.S: If you love rains like me, this is the best time to visit Kerala. Nothing can match the joy of watching a rain
Attached Thumbnails
monsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0376.jpg  

monsoon drive - vagamon->elappara->kuttikkanam->parunthumpara-img_0383.jpg  

Soccerfan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote

Old 6th June 2010, 01:09   #2
BHPian

Socceru, let me be the first one to congratulate you on the nice drive you had. Looks like Vagamon meadows is now covered in green. When I went it was not so. Well, time to visit Vagamon again I think. Thanks for reminding!
PS: Like the Punto shots taken at Parunthumpara.
Nutty Nair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 08:42   #3
BHPian

Loved your Punto, and loved the setting too. What beautiful environs!
pjay_in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 09:24   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like you had the perfect weekend!
The car looks in great shape as well!
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 09:40   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Socceru, Nutty - Can you guys tell me more about Vandiperiyar, Kuttikanam and Vagamon area. What are the "best points" and are there any detours to reach those places?

Can you suggest me a route plan from Kumily side seeing all the place - 1 or 2 day and finally reach Ranni.

Take me through the best scenic routes

Last edited by laluks : 6th June 2010 at 09:42.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 10:03   #6
v&v
Senior - BHPian

@Soccerfan - Nice photos especially snaps of parunthumpara. Will be in my radar for my next vacation in kerala.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 10:59   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Nair View Post
Socceru, let me be the first one to congratulate you on the nice drive you had. Looks like Vagamon meadows is now covered in green. When I went it was not so. Well, time to visit Vagamon again I think. Thanks for reminding!
PS: Like the Punto shots taken at Parunthumpara.
its full of green only as the monsoon has started

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay_in View Post
Loved your Punto, and loved the setting too. What beautiful environs!
thanks man. the overcast conditions were perfect. i was literally stunned with the lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Looks like you had the perfect weekend!
The car looks in great shape as well!
thanks man. it was a perfect saturday. Im planning a trip with stay @vagamon with my friends again

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Hi Socceru, Nutty - Can you guys tell me more about Vandiperiyar, Kuttikanam and Vagamon area. What are the "best points" and are there any detours to reach those places?

Can you suggest me a route plan from Kumily side seeing all the place - 1 or 2 day and finally reach Ranni.

Take me through the best scenic routes
hi lalu - from kumily you can take the route vandiperiyar. turn left from a place called kallara for parunthumpara (5km). comeback and go via kuttikkanam and around 7kms from there take left to panchalimedu. Return to Kuttikanam and take the elappara route to vagamon. You can stay at vagamon if u want. Next day you can take the same route to kuttikanam .from there proceed via kanjirappalli, manimala to ranni OR u can take kanjirappaly->erumeli->laha->vadaserikkara route to ranni (longer but more scenic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
@Soccerfan - Nice photos especially snaps of parunthumpara. Will be in my radar for my next vacation in kerala.
thanks man. u wouldnt regret visiting these places
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote