Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 22nd June 2010, 16:06   #76
Senior - BHPian

^^ The LHD pictures are posted on post#62 (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1947909 (Fiat goes Off The Road - FCB drives to forests of Chikmagalur!))

Here are some pictures Sujith clicked while he wandered away from us time and again
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat goes Off The Road - FCB drives to forests of Chikmagalur!-dsc00277.jpg  

Fiat goes Off The Road - FCB drives to forests of Chikmagalur!-dsc00393.jpg  

Fiat goes Off The Road - FCB drives to forests of Chikmagalur!-dsc04140.jpg  

Fiat goes Off The Road - FCB drives to forests of Chikmagalur!-dsc04089.jpg  

Fiat goes Off The Road - FCB drives to forests of Chikmagalur!-dsc04151.jpg  

Fiat goes Off The Road - FCB drives to forests of Chikmagalur!-dsc04211.jpg  

Fiat goes Off The Road - FCB drives to forests of Chikmagalur!-dsc04212.jpg  

Fiat goes Off The Road - FCB drives to forests of Chikmagalur!-dsc04232.jpg  

Fiat goes Off The Road - FCB drives to forests of Chikmagalur!-dsc04233.jpg  

Fiat goes Off The Road - FCB drives to forests of Chikmagalur!-dsc04245.jpg  

Fiat goes Off The Road - FCB drives to forests of Chikmagalur!-dsc00197.jpg  

Fiat goes Off The Road - FCB drives to forests of Chikmagalur!-dsc04345.jpg  

Fiat goes Off The Road - FCB drives to forests of Chikmagalur!-dsc04375.jpg  

funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 18:03   #77
Senior - BHPian

Great thread, good snaps

i liked the fiat club logo, wonderfully done.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 18:12   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
^^ The LHD pictures are posted on post#62 (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1947909 (Fiat goes Off The Road - FCB drives to forests of Chikmagalur!))

Here are some pictures Sujith clicked while he wandered away from us time and again
Quote:

Just stumbled upon this thread. Just have one word WOW!! It was a very good adventure you guys had. Btw, Karthik, the second pic from last (the one with the railway bridge) is near Sakleshpur right? Did you manage to get the Fiat all the way down till the temple?
addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 20:31   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Just stumbled upon this thread. Just have one word WOW!! It was a very good adventure you guys had. Btw, Karthik, the second pic from last (the one with the railway bridge) is near Sakleshpur right? Did you manage to get the Fiat all the way down till the temple?
Yes, it is Sakleshpur. We did not take the Fiat there. We walked. How do you know this temple? The temple is part of a coffee estate and belongs to my friend's cousin who is also a friend of mine now.
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:16   #80
Senior - BHPian

All of us missed posting one of the pictures that shows the remnant burnt tire marks. Here it is:
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat goes Off The Road - FCB drives to forests of Chikmagalur!-resized_img_6196.jpg  

Old 23rd June 2010, 22:00   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it is Sakleshpur. We did not take the Fiat there. We walked. How do you know this temple? The temple is part of a coffee estate and belongs to my friend's cousin who is also a friend of mine now.
I have been there a couple of times. Btw, what is the name of your friend? I might know him.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 23:01   #82
BHPian

Looks like you guys had a gala time there !

Great pics by Karthik & Sujith.

Is that Rubber or Iron ??

Many people have this notion that Fiats & Ambys are lacking. I have faced this disbelief everywhere I went with my P Padmini. People simply don't believe that this old car travelled 1500kms and can get back.

These cars are like a Tank - will go any where ! Sad that I don't have pics of my own adventures :(

I was telling Karthik1100 - lets put at least 6 Fiats in the next TSD Rally. Its not difficult at all. The next Rally is 5th to 29th August: Bangalore-Mysore-Chikmagalur-Bangalore. NESTOR RALLY 2O10 ( TSD Format ) : The Super Special Stage | Rally India - The Home of Indian Rallying

See what FCB can do regarding this. If we take the initiatve, the Other FC club members will come with their cars too. You can put this idea through to Mehul1100 since hes here now.

We can talk to the FMSCI and the Organisers for a Fiat Class in the Rally. Lets prove that the Goood old Fiat has the Oomph .
docel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 23:09   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I have been there a couple of times. Btw, what is the name of your friend? I might know him.
He is one amongst 3 borthers and is the youngest. He is called by a nick name Pacchi. I guess his name is Prashanth. All these years I too call him by his nick name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docel View Post
I was telling Karthik1100 - lets put at least 6 Fiats in the next TSD Rally. Its not difficult at all. The next Rally is 5th to 29th August: Bangalore-Mysore-Chikmagalur-Bangalore. NESTOR RALLY 2O10 ( TSD Format ) : The Super Special Stage | Rally India - The Home of Indian Rallying

See what FCB can do regarding this. If we take the initiatve, the Other FC club members will come with their cars too. You can put this idea through to Mehul1100 since hes here now.

We can talk to the FMSCI and the Organisers for a Fiat Class in the Rally. Lets prove that the Goood old Fiat has the Oomph .
This is an amazing thought. I guess if FCB has some sponsorers, a few might be definitely be interested. Else, it could prove a bit too expensive for individual owners. The cost of fuel, the preparations for the TSD and any expenditure on the car after the rally.

Docel, we can have a discussion on this on 4th July meet and see what best we all together as a team could do.
Old 23rd June 2010, 23:26   #84
BHPian

Quote:
He is one amongst 3 borthers and is the youngest. He is called by a nick name Pacchi. I guess his name is Prashanth. All these years I too call him by his nick name.
By any chance, the Pacchi u r speaking of, graduated from UVCE tronics??
pramod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 23:30   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod View Post
By any chance, the Pacchi u r speaking of, graduated from UVCE tronics??

I am not sure. I know him only since last 6 yrs. He wasnt studying then. His age is roughly 35-38. This seems to be going a bit
Old 26th June 2010, 23:33   #86
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Love your determination and love for fiat. The folks at the FCB simply rock.

I am writing here to complement karthick for the beautiful logo with the fcb and the fiat lurking by it. This logo is by far the best I have seen and is much much better than the regular one. Hat's off to you.

Now how about the same on tshirts, free publicity when you wear it.
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 23:49   #87
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat goes Off The Road - FCB drives to forests of Chikmagalur!

Time for some updates!

Last Sunday I took my S1 along with some more FIATs to Grasslands on the outskirts of Bangalore. As usual, my good old FIAT performed extremely well off the road.

A few pics to start with!
Attached Images