Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 29th June 2010, 12:19   #46
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
@MX6, The Pentax MZ-7 has both Manual and Auto Options. Set it in Auto, it does everything by itself and you have the 'luxury' of setting everything manual, when you select Manual Mode. Only disavantage is the film role use. It has no stick option.!
That's what I wanted to mean. Instead of asking "Do you still use the film SLR, I asked manual slr erroneously". My Film SLR MZ-50 is still in amazing condition and works like a charm. I plan to bring that over on my next trip back home.

Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
OT: what digital gear do you have? are you still continuing with Pentax? I am in dilemma whether to go for Pentax DSLR for the investments done in the lenses or buy full set of Nikon/Canon.
I had the same dilemma 5 years back. I finally decided to go for Pentax ist DL. I've been very happy with the decision. Finally, a decent collection of lenses is what you need to go with an ok camera body!

Last edited by MX6 : 29th June 2010 at 12:22.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 21:12   #47

Raja sir, great travelogue! Good for you that you visited Ooty in late June. It is a lovely place, meant to be enjoyed in peace. I went there in mid-May and it was so crowded. Reminded me of Bangalore's city market. Only things that kept me excited were my little son and the drive in my Cedia. (It was fun handling the 36 hairpin bends from Mudumalai to Ooty with rain pouring down )

Must have been so special to meet your best friend especially after such a long Must have been so special to meet your best friend especially after such a long gap. I was reminded of my best friend who now lives in UK. Can't imagine not being able to speak to each other at least a few times a year.
CBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 09:19   #48
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I specifically planned the vacation just after all schools open to avoid crowd and everywhere we went, everything seemed to be 'specially' for us.
Extra welcome for the rare guests..
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2010, 08:30   #49
Senior - BHPian

Great trip, Raja Ji. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your log. I am waiting to see the pics you took with your SLR.

I must say that you got a good average from your Cedia, quite similar to our Chevy.

So, when is your next trip happening?
Chevy_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2010, 09:50   #50
Senior - BHPian
Thumbs up

Wonderful travelogue, RajaTaurus ! And great narration as well . I am also waiting for the pics from the SLR. Please do put them up as soon as they are ready.
Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2010, 12:34   #51

Really its just so emotional to see and talk to a friend after so long time.
I have friends spread all over the globe. I Wish we would too make it up some day.
sidd25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 22:08   #52
Default !

Originally Posted by beejay View Post
The car belongs to one of Ooty's biggest hoteliers. Even I wonder why its parked that way.

Good to have a resident bhpian on those lovely hills! Whose is it Beejay?????
YaeJay is offline   Reply With Quote