Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 25th June 2010, 15:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue

I hope that its not against the policy to post a travelogue which is an year old. I had gone to Khajuraho, Panna, Pandav falls and Orcha some time April 2009. Reason why not post earlier? Not a BHPian that time.

Vehicle : Opel Corsa Swing 1.6 (sold now)
Duration : 5 days
Starting point : Jhansi.
Stay : MPTDC Hotel Payal. A very very good hotel for its price. That was an off season.They had a pool too. The food in the restaurant was good.

Initial Route : Jhansi-Chatarpur-Khajuraho. You have to leave the highway before Chatarpur. Uptill this point road is good. Its very easy to miss this turn as the road is broken and looks like a kachcha road. Khajuraho is 10km off Chatarpur-Panna road. Be sure you dont miss this turn. Because of this confusion I drove 150kms extra . I had a tyre burst. No new tyre available. So afraid all the while during my stay there. Else the LEMON behaved well.

Pros : A good place. Very near to Delhi. A very excellent package for all these places. Anyone going from Delhi can include many more places like Agra, Mathura and Gwalior. Its not expensive.

Cons : Mostly popular with foreign tourists. Reason I can think of is that people do not want to go there with parents/relatives and grown up children as there are explicit sexual scenes carved out. Second could be the poor road conditions. Now there is a train from Delhi which empties out at Jhansi. There is a flight from Delhi . It is not a suitable place for summers. I had a tough time.

PS : There might be some pictures in the scene or background showing some sex scenes (not focussed on them) which are inevitable. I will try my best not to post them here.

I will cover in the following sequence:-

Part 1 : Khajuraho
Part 2 : Panna
Part 3 : Pandav Falls
Part 4 : Orcha

It will be mostly a photologue.
TaureanBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 16:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Temples of Khajuraho Set 1

There is photo of the explanation of each of the temple. There after the pictures of the temples follow.
Attached Thumbnails
Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05331.jpg  

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05332.jpg  

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05333.jpg  

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05334.jpg  

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05335.jpg  

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05336.jpg  

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05337.jpg  

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05338.jpg  

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05340.jpg  

Old 25th June 2010, 16:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

Default Temples of Khajuraho Set 2

The second temple. Just see the fine carving and the details. People must have worked really hard. To tell you that these temples were built in 11-12 century. These were rediscovered by a British Officer who was travelling through this route and halted at this place.
Attached Thumbnails
Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05354.jpg  

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05355.jpg  

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05356.jpg  

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05357.jpg  

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05359.jpg  

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05378.jpg  

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05381.jpg  

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05382.jpg  

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05383.jpg  

Old 25th June 2010, 19:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Default Khajuraho Pic Set 3

The Khajuraho temples are spread over a large area. Other than the main complex (yet to post pics of that) the temples are all over the villages. There is a lot of local running around. However they can be covered in a day if someone starts earl in the morning. There is no worship in the temples now or even in the past to preserve the beauty of the temples. There are temples with Jain influence too.

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05344.jpg

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05387.jpg

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05388.jpg

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05394.jpg

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05396.jpg
Old 26th June 2010, 09:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

Default Main Temple

To give you all an overview of the main temple I am posting the pic. Detail pics will post in the evening.
Attached Thumbnails
Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05650.jpg  

Old 26th June 2010, 21:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Its a total non response here. Few people have seen the thread. It seems pretty surprising. Anyways I will complete the pics anyways.

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05399.jpg

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05402.jpg

New Excavation

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05405.jpg

About Khajuraho

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05434.jpg
Old 26th June 2010, 22:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

I apologise to the non-Hindi people. At some places the descriptions were in Hindi only and other places I chose it. Never thought I would be posting them here.

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05435.jpg

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05436.jpg

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05437.jpg

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05439.jpg

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05440.jpg

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05442.jpg

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05443.jpg

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05444.jpg

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05445.jpg
Old 26th June 2010, 22:17   #8
BHPian

Waiting for main attraction of Khjuraho . The tample which is famous for.
pawan_pullarwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2010, 22:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Waiting for main attraction of Khjuraho . The tample which is famous for.
The previous post #7 is from the main Khajuraho temple complex i.e. Vishwanath Temple. Sorry forgot to mention.
Old 26th June 2010, 23:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

Default The Main Temples

These are the pics of Western Group of temples. This is main group and best preserved of the 22 temples. (out of the original 80 temples). The most famous is the Kandaria Mahadev Temple and the Vishwanath Temple. It is here that a Light and Sound show takes places in various languages. In english its Amitabh Bachchan's voice.

The work in each temple is extremely fine. I missed a zoom camera (read a DSLR) to do justice to the statues. All the temples are built with just statues carved out of blocks. In the Gribh Grih there is a statue of the deity to which it is devoted. In some temples, there is also a parikrama around the gribh grih.

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05650.jpg

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05706.jpg

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05711.jpg

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05722.jpg

Memoirs of Khajuraho, Panna and Orcha : Photologue-dsc05480.jpg
Old 27th June 2010, 02:04   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
PS : There might be some pictures in the scene or background showing some sex scenes (not focussed on them) which are inevitable. I will try my best not to post them here.
First you post the above and then you complain of total non response. Go ahead and post, if mods find it objectionable they will delete the same. But then people link the same to khajuraho and that is it's identity. The response will zoom exponentially.

If you are still undecided then contact the mods and take clearance.

All said and done I have enjoyed whatever you have posted and congratulations on excellent photos even with a normal point and shoot especially those showing the entire western complex, the composition is very good.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2010, 09:40   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
First you post the above and then you complain of total non response. Go ahead and post, if mods find it objectionable they will delete the same. But then people link the same to khajuraho and that is it's identity. The response will zoom exponentially.

If you are still undecided then contact the mods and take clearance.

All said and done I have enjoyed whatever you have posted and congratulations on excellent photos even with a normal point and shoot especially those showing the entire western complex, the composition is very good.
The sex scenes are not from movies but they are statues and part and parcel of our culture whether we like it or no. Like I said there is no zooming over these types of statues. But if you look carefully, in the above pics these scenes exist. Nothing more objectionable is going to come.
Old 27th June 2010, 14:34   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The sex scenes are not from movies but they are statues and part and parcel of our culture whether we like it or no. Like I said there is no zooming over these types of statues. But if you look carefully, in the above pics these scenes exist. Nothing more objectionable is going to come.
Did I give an impression that we are looking for hotter stuff

My comments were made in a lighter vein in view of your post below regarding the poor response to the travelogue as a probable means to increase the eyeballs.

Quote:
Its a total non response here. Few people have seen the thread. It seems pretty surprising. Anyways I will complete the pics anyways.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2010, 17:16   #14
lsp
BHPian

Great pics there TaureanBull!! Khajuraho is certainly one place I would visit in this lifetime. When? I dont know!!!

I respect the self censorship you have imposed, however I think that it was not essential. As u said 'They are part and parcel of our culture', so let them be there in the travelogue. I think the viewership of TBHP is mature and sensible audience.

The mods ofcourse would be the deciding authority but I think that avoiding pics, which depict the statues in various 'kama' poses (I dont think the term 'sex scenes' is apt here) would render this travelogue incomplete. Its like presenting the place without the essence of that place.

We can add a Disclaimer in post 1 and then from page 2 onwards have the uncensored pics. And why just the pics, I would like to read about the sculptures the other areas around it as well.

Just my 2 cents!!
lsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2010, 18:12   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
Great pics there TaureanBull!! Khajuraho is certainly one place I would visit in this lifetime. When? I dont know!!!

I respect the self censorship you have imposed, however I think that it was not essential. As u said 'They are part and parcel of our culture', so let them be there in the travelogue. I think the viewership of TBHP is mature and sensible audience.

The mods ofcourse would be the deciding authority but I think that avoiding pics, which depict the statues in various 'kama' poses (I dont think the term 'sex scenes' is apt here) would render this travelogue incomplete. Its like presenting the place without the essence of that place.

We can add a Disclaimer in post 1 and then from page 2 onwards have the uncensored pics. And why just the pics, I would like to read about the sculptures the other areas around it as well.

Just my 2 cents!!
I thank you for you supporting words. I will try and post few pics and wait for the mods approval. Fortunately/unfortunately I like the legal things. So, I will post the pics so far Mods keep approving.

Not only Khajuraho, IMO Sun Temple of Konark also exhibits such statues. I wonder in older times we were so developed to discuss sex as an art but now even mature people abstain from discussing this topic.