Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 29th June 2010, 17:10   #31
BHPian

Total fuel cost ~ 14000 ++
Total toll cost ~ 2500 ++
Experience of driving solo for 3000 kms - priceless !
jigbarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 21:49   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
Total fuel cost ~ 14000 ++
Total toll cost ~ 2500 ++
Experience of driving solo for 3000 kms - priceless !
It was really amazing. For couple of weeks , whenever I close my eyes I could see the whole rajastan when sun is going down. Its amazing. I am gonna cherish this my whole life .
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 10:47   #33
BHPian

Amazing journey man! Glad you completed it without any mishaps.
It also speaks volumes about the reliability of the OHC.
_raviShankar_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 16:49   #34

nice to hear of someone going for this trip

another thing
i got a 2000 1.5 exi
and a s3is

and from what i can make out
share the same sense of passion for driving and respect for this car

also tend to get into those stupid situations (rpm-7k) once in a while

mostly on empty wide roads just for the thrill of what this machine can belt out though

did del-mumbai a year ago over three days in an inova (helping someone shift base). decided to treat my city to this drive at that very moment

planning on making the trip soon with a friend and fellow city enthusiast. will be a straight 22 hrs for us though
Detonate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 19:06   #35
BHPian

Must have been an exciting bold drive. So, 170 kmph is NOT your top speed? What then, 200, I guess... Nice pics. Driving on that GQ stretch is always inviting.

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 4th July 2010 at 19:08.
LongDrive lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 22:47   #36
BHPian

When I first came across this thread.. I wondered what car it was that was able to take such a beating.. now reading its an 2000 OHC, amazing is not the word....
a 10 year old car doing 3K+.. sure tells a lot abt the car and the way it has been maintained..
Awesome maxbhp
cogentr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 01:49   #37
BHPian

Driving from Jaipur to A'bad is just amazing. The roads give one the confidence to do speeds upwards to 150 without flexing a toe. I ran Udaipur-Bbay in 8 hours. ofcourse after that i spent about 20 minutes in the loo emptying my bladder but the choices we make

I intend on making a Pune-Kanyakumari-Pune trip later this year with my 2002 Lancer. She is in terrific form and wont let me down. To go down the coastal highway into Kerala and then thru dense forests into the clear of the sea. aah....now thats a dream to dream. Hopefully i wont need to keep the bladder up this time.
thewhiteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 21:01   #38
Senior - BHPian

maxbhp ,you did 3000+ kms solo??

ARE YOU KIDDING? It requires lots of patience to go long drives solo.YOu are Great man !!!

My longest solo driving was to and fro from Chennai to sholingur (one way 135km) for an official trip and that was like Hell
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 22:58   #39
BHPian

That was an awesome trip mate.

This reminds me a similar trip I had 3 years back. Me and my friend drove down from Noida to Kollam (Kerala). Road trip is the only way you can make out the real beauty of diversified India. Every mile you can notice the change in culture, language etc.

After 2 months, on our return trip, we stopped over in Goa. We realized that already one day past enjoying there, when we got a call from manager to find where we guys were

From then it was a non-stop drive till Delhi. We reached Noida home in 36 hours from Goa! The vehicle was a Swift Vxi with ABS of my friend. I still remember the exhaust note of the beast after riding 36 hours continuously(never switched off the engine as one guy will be sleeping in always). For next few days, when I close my eyes, I could see the white road markings approaching me from infinity. Wowww... what a feeling.

But as MaxBHP said that was an experience for a lifetime. I'm waiting for my kid to become 4 (now he is just 9 months) to redo the same trip. I hope he will enjoy it.

-HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 5th July 2010 at 23:09.
HotChillyPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 17:28   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raviShankar_ View Post
Amazing journey man! Glad you completed it without any mishaps.
It also speaks volumes about the reliability of the OHC.
It is really reliable.When I was in Delhi , couple of times I have really thrashed her.Inspite of all this its still cool with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detonate View Post
Nice to hear of someone going for this trip
did del-mumbai a year ago over three days in an inova (helping someone shift base). decided to treat my city to this drive at that very moment planning on making the trip soon with a friend and fellow city enthusiast. will be a straight 22 hrs for us though
That would be an amazing drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Must have been an exciting bold drive. So, 170 kmph is NOT your top speed? What then, 200, I guess... Nice pics. Driving on that GQ stretch is always inviting.
190+ is my top speed. Yes but to be frank I liked Krishnagiri-Avinashi Equally well. It was a good stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogentr View Post
When I first came across this thread.. I wondered what car it was that was able to take such a beating.. now reading its an 2000 OHC, amazing is not the word....
a 10 year old car doing 3K+.. sure tells a lot abt the car and the way it has been maintained..
Awesome maxbhp
All credit goes to Honda .

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteknight View Post
I intend on making a Pune-Kanyakumari-Pune trip later this year with my 2002 Lancer. She is in terrific form and wont let me down.
It sure was a great experience. Driving a lancer is great. All the best for your trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
maxbhp ,you did 3000+ kms solo??
ARE YOU KIDDING? It requires lots of patience to go long drives solo.YOu are Great man !!!
Well , I didn't want to sell her so I had no option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
I'm waiting for my kid to become 4 (now he is just 9 months) to redo the same trip. I hope he will enjoy it.
-HCP
All the best dude. Its really worth the wait of 39 months . It would be a good time to teach first driving lessons to your kid.
Old 7th July 2010, 20:33   #41

You rock...takes some stuff in you to ride for that long and that far!
vikkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 23:03   #42
Senior - BHPian

MaxBhp,
This is some inspirational stuff, planning to do the same with my Swift Diesel, but am keen to hit Sringar and have a shot of my car with snow in the background, and on the return hit the Grand Trunk Road from Delhi to Calcutta...the oldest road in India if am correct...planning for a 21 day trip and saving up my leaves for this trip, would say it will be my dream come true...Would be more keen if there is a write up and am more eager for doing the nights rather than days where you have lot of distractions...

Anyways you deserve all the credit...Good Trip Mate...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by bblost : 7th July 2010 at 23:21. Reason: Please check your post. Thanks.
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 09:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikkal View Post
You rock...takes some stuff in you to ride for that long and that far!
No dude to be frank when you are driving alone its more enjoyable. All you need is an ipod filled with song and a good system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
MaxBhp,
This is some inspirational stuff, planning to do the same with my Swift Diesel, but am keen to hit Sringar and have a shot of my car with snow in the background, and on the return hit the Grand Trunk Road from Delhi to Calcutta...the oldest road in India if am correct...planning for a 21 day trip and saving up my leaves for this trip, would say it will be my dream come true...Would be more keen if there is a write up and am more eager for doing the nights rather than days where you have lot of distractions...

Anyways you deserve all the credit...Good Trip Mate...
I always think I will do some write up in my blog sometime later. Driving in the night is a rewarding experience but its risky . By the way the best time I had was when I was driving along rajasthan in the evening. It was simply great.
Old 8th July 2010, 16:20   #44
BHPian

@maxbhp - that was an interesting and inspiring travelogue, especially being a solo drive. Hopefully someday I will make it as well.
NFS2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 14:42   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
@maxbhp - that was an interesting and inspiring travelogue, especially being a solo drive. Hopefully someday I will make it as well.
Thank you. Hope 'the' day comes for you soon.