Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 5th July 2010, 12:33   #76
BHPian

Day 6: BLR - Madurai - Rameswaram
Lots of pics coming up now

Next morning we said goodbye to my B-I-L at East Jallihalli at 7.45am. This time, I decided to go through the city. Have had some basic idea on previous day, of directions we needed to go to reach Hosur road. Though city traffic has started by then, yet, its intensity was very mild, only problems were city buses - big ones on narrow streets. making our way, we finally hit the Hosur road, and reached Electronic city toll plaza at 9.30 am. 'Flying' over that E-city flyover was fun. At that time it was relatively free from traffic, just few cars., also we got gud views of all those big glamorous offices of likes of Infosys, etc...

Now, text will give way to more and more photos..

Some of you Bangaloreans who frequent that part of NH7 may get bored with heavy load of highway pics to follow, but, pl bear with me, got to post at least few of them as we enjoyed that journey so much!

Posting pics soon..
LongDrive lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 16:16   #77
BHPian

Day 6 Pics.

NH7 Between BLR - Madurai, and our bf break at First Kamat Upchar on that road. Enjoyed both.

Most of the highway pics were taken in moving vehicle by our 12 yr old son!
Occasionally, I'll pull to the left, get out and take a few snaps in a flash. This was our favorite mode during whole trip.
Attached Thumbnails
We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc04981.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc04987.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc04989.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc04992.jpg  

Old 5th July 2010, 16:21   #78
BHPian

Having net problems, hence, posting is slowed down.

Day 6 pics continue..

At Kamat Upchar, near Krishnagiri!
Attached Thumbnails
We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05010.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05017.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05021.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05023.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05024.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05025.jpg  

Old 5th July 2010, 17:01   #79
BHPian

Hi Longdrive lover

Great start with the travelogue, am sure you guys had a heavenly experience driving through the south, after all, whats life without long drives???

Carry on.

Subs
subs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 18:20   #80
BHPian

Hi LDL,

Awesome teaser. Looking forward to this TL.
sami316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 19:15   #81
BHPian

What a long drive...!! And good photos to. Thanks for sharing and keep 'em coming.
ambivalent_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 19:17   #82
BHPian

HI Longdrive lover

Jalahalli East is where I stay as well, where does your sister live exactly?? is it in the Airforce quarters?? I live just behind the defence quarters.

Subs
subs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 23:08   #83
Senior - BHPian

Hi LDL,

Was the camera allowed in ISKON or no? IMO you just assumed that camera wont be allowed. I visited ISKON in Mathura 2-3 years back. There was no concern over the photography there at that time.

BTW, Awesome pics of NH-7. Must have been an awesome drive in that weather.

Did you park the Tigress next to Xylo by purpose or was it a coincidence.
TaureanBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 10:49   #84
BHPian

Thanks Taurean, subs, sami and ambivalent.

Subs. Yes, we were in Airforce qtrs, so near to you! Could have met, had we knew it!

TB. I am not sure whether camera was allowed in ISKON or not! As 'not allowed' is the case in most of such places, and we were not going in our car there, hence didn't carry.

And, I didn't park Tigress deliberately next to Xylo. Actually, Xylo came there after us! And guess what! there was a group of four ladies in that Xylo, one of them driving it, no driver. They looked a good group of friends on a trip.

TB, about your earlier query about hotels, I have planned to put all the info about hotels in a table and post it in one go once the story completes. That way it'll be more usable to all!

Yesterday, didn't get net connection right, hence hurrying up now with photo posting. There are so many to be posted!
Old 6th July 2010, 10:56   #85
BHPian

Day 6 pics continue..

Enchanting journey to Madurai on NH7

This was my family's first trip to south (Though I have been to several cities of southern states on official trips, BUT, not by road! ). So we were really enjoying not only the beautiful NH7, but also the greenery around which was increasingly getting 'coconutized', as we pushed the Tigress further down south.

I have asked our son to keep clicking snaps of that greenery.

Now the pics..
Attached Thumbnails
We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05032.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05037.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05042.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05045.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05053.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05060.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05063.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05065.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05075.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05083.jpg  

Old 6th July 2010, 11:03   #86
BHPian

Enchanting journey to Madurai on NH7 continue..

More pics..
Attached Thumbnails
We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05096.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05097.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05120.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05154.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05164.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05180.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05186.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05191.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05229.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05230.jpg  

Old 6th July 2010, 11:12   #87
BHPian

Day 6 pics continuing..

Last set of NH7 to Madurai..

As I wrote earlier, we as a family were enjoying that drive from the core of our hearts! Seeing that terrain, feeling the greenery of those Coconut and Banana plantations, feeling of being so far away from home in own car, and getting so closer to 'samudra'; all these were adding excitement as we kept chatting about all these!

And I'll not let you forget that these are moving vehicle shots taken by LDL Junior!.. he he..
Attached Thumbnails
We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05256.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05275.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05283.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05284.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05286.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05302.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05325.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05327.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05329.jpg  

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 6th July 2010 at 11:14.
Old 6th July 2010, 12:01   #88
BHPian

Day 6 story continuing..

We left Kamat Upchar at 10.45am after having tasty dosas and idlies.

A Note about Food:

Normally, North-Indian people get fed up with food when on a long stay in south. Fortunately, this wasn't the case with us . We all like Masala dosa and idlies, can live with them for several days without getting any roties etc! So, that was a plus point for us.

A Little doubt with the Tigress! Which wasn't!

I have noticed some water drops dropping under the Tigress, both at Bangalore, and also at Kamat Upchar. Thinking about it, got a lil worried as something may be going wrong with AC! Though, it was cooling, but, once doubts enter your mind, you tend to doubt everything! On the way, asked son to get that Tata service booklet out and get details of their ASC at Madurai. Called ABT Industries Ltd, Madurai. They responded well, their manager told you come here, I'll arrange for its check-up. We informed to reach about 3 pm.

Reached their at 3.40, got it checked up by their mechanic, he saw and told, it is nothing, just the normal water drainage which is actually good for better efficiency of AC! This must be a common thing, but, being in east coast, the thought of AC going kaput got into my mind and I ended up making a story out of nothing! .

Everything fine, relieved, we stopped for much needed lunch break on Hotel SARVANAS (Pure Veg & AC) which was nearby on that Dindigul road. It was nice and clean. Asked locals about road to Rameswaram, found our way through the city, filled on a HP PB, and finally left Madurai city at 5.05 pm.

We had a company stay arrangement booked at Mandapam. Reached their at 8.05pm. Road to Rameswaram (NH49) was in very good condition.

Not many pics except a few from Hotel Sarvanas, Madurai
Attached Thumbnails
We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05341.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc05351.jpg  

Old 6th July 2010, 12:19   #89
Senior - BHPian

Junior BHpian has done an excellent job with the lens. He has a good grip I must say. The Madurai drive must be very pleasant. It looks like an excellent weather. But it looks like you were on AC through out and did not get the outside air of monsoon.

Good thing that you get the vehicle checked. A little doubt in mind keeps troubling you again and again. Keep posting.
TaureanBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 12:29   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Junior BHpian has done an excellent job with the lens. He has a good grip I must say. The Madurai drive must be very pleasant. It looks like an excellent weather. But it looks like you were on AC through out and did not get the outside air of monsoon.
Yes, weather was good. No, for initial approx 2.5 - 3 hrs., we were not on AC, but with open glasses. I think, humidity increased and we switched AC on, may be after starting from Kamat Upchar or so.