Leh-docked-86.jpg

Leh-docked-87.jpg
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 21:35   #168
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Ramkya sir, you really looked tired in the last set of snaps! But amazing snaps!
My take on this: Take a shave in the morning and you are all fresh!

That reminds of the following four lines!

New born babes have no hair,
Old men's head are just as bare, (Any guesses?)
But between the cradle and the grave,
Life is but a haircut and a shave!

How is that!

Sorry for the OT folks.
Wow........ that's a geat one.

For the first time in so many months, I was free without shaving, that was very uncomfortable. You'd find me shaved and shining in the next couple of days

Will try to load some fresh looking ones from non-on.
ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 21:48   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Wolt after bath is shining bright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
...the night temp. dipped below 0, Wolt would not start.
Does this seem like a case of catching a cold?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
All fuel sold there already has anti-freeze pre-mixed, but still we had problems. Wonder if other people also had problems starting their diesel cars? What about petrol cars, any starting problems there?
Anti-freeze is what goes into the radiator. What goes in into diesel there, in the name of diesel anti-gel (or DPPD - diesel pour point deperssant), is kerosene!

For discussions about Scorpios refusing to start, check here (Scorpio morning-start problem at high altitudes) - petrol engines never face such issues.

Enjoying the pics and narration thoroughly.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 21:49   #170
Team-BHP Support

The "chai" snap is just awesome!
Nothing like having one in an area like that!

Was that the normal "chai" or the Ghud-Ghud chai which has butter and tastes salty?
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 21:51   #171
Senior - BHPian

Playing with icicles
Leh-docked-91.jpg

Just sat down looking at the landscape
Leh-docked-90.jpg

Trying to pan a biker
Leh-docked-89.jpg

Desert storm in the HILLS
Leh-docked-88.jpg
Old 9th July 2010, 22:06   #172
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@ampere. That's rocking poetry man.
@kpzen. That pan shot is cool. You've frozen the subject well. But he's riding slower, so the background looks more like a shake than a pan.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 22:11   #173
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
@ampere. That's rocking poetry man.
@kpzen. That pan shot is cool. You've frozen the subject well. But he's riding slower, so the background looks more like a shake than a pan.
@MX: First things first. Its not my poem and I dont know the source either! (Though I do write time to time)

@KPZEN Those Icicles are a classic!
Old 9th July 2010, 23:16   #174
Senior - BHPian

@sstraveller : that was a good one. Did seems like a case of cold!

The pics are awesome. I see the hill clad mountains, icicles, clouds, a desert and a green patch of grass. Its all in one!

I thought it was milk ...later on I realised it was the picture effect!

Last edited by TaureanBull : 9th July 2010 at 23:17.
TaureanBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 09:13   #175
Senior - BHPian

After reaching GOBA(R) Guest house we unload our bags and Ramky takes a 1hr nap before we leave for the desert.

Leh-docked-93.jpg
Leh-docked-92.jpg
Leh-docked-94.jpg

Sun was setting down and i was itching to shoot the car.
Name:  95.JPG
Views: 1096
Size:  48.0 KB
Name:  96.jpg
Views: 1093
Size:  59.0 KB
Name:  97.JPG
Views: 1085
Size:  46.0 KB
Old 10th July 2010, 10:30   #176
Team-BHP Support

Nice shots! What about the shoes?
Leaving foot prints in the sands of time?

Truly lives of great remind us to do the same!
Old 10th July 2010, 11:09   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Nice shots! What about the shoes?
Leaving foot prints in the sands of time?

Truly lives of great remind us to do the same!
Or is it that they have found a pair of woodland shoes. I spotted one in post #158! If its the same one then this time the shoe has walked two steps .

The night shots of Wolt with headlights on and moon in the background are superb. Have you used some kind of filter to achieve the ornagish shade in the second last pic? The same shade does not appear in the last pic.

OT : I suggest that you must post these pics in the "All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV" thread too if you have not already done.

Last edited by TaureanBull : 10th July 2010 at 11:13.
TaureanBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 11:25   #178
BHPian

Ramky1, your trip is motivating in so many ways! Travelling solo as a family man, and to such a un-common & beautiful landscape! Thank you very much.

Regards
naren_gs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 12:32   #179
Senior - BHPian

Arrow K-Topped Again

25th June: A relaxed day. Hardly had 130 KM to drive to Leh and all day to do that, so decided to take it easy. Found Goba Guest house is full of Foreigners, talked for long with a French middle-aged couple who would be staying in the regioin for 20 days, they are spending about a month in Ladakh....... what a way to see Ladakh!!!!

The breakfast was slow and good, the hosts said good bye, we were more than happy at their place. Came to the T junction, take a left goes to Diskit, 60 KM right, 2 hours takes you to Turtuk, border of Pakistan; we had permits to go there but decided not to go, instead drivei slowly back to Leh. Drove slowly till Agam Junction, 36 kms, abouot an hour, had to follow an army truck for 5 KMs slowly till Diskit. From the T junction for the next 10 kms, the track is very narrow, if an oncoming vehicle is seen, better to tuck in somewhere to let him pass, sections mimicking the NH22 Rampur- Jeori road, restraint is the way to go. You could get trucks, army traffic, tourist convoys and sudden out-of-the-blue lone LML riding Rambos; one side is a deep fall into the sandy river-sea Shyok, another side rock cut mountain side, I am sure you get the picture!!!!

@ 46 KMs we stop for a photo stop on the Nubra + Shyok rive confluence, beautiful photo stop; you can click to your hearts content on the sunlight playing hide and seek with clouds witht he whistling wind playing tune. Kardung Villae, Chai stop and North Pallue for the TCP reporting and a photo shoot with the soldiers there. By the time we reached here, the weather was overcast, got spells of drizzle and it surely looked like snow which I predicted when I looked up at heavily covered peak; were excited at the prospect of driving thro some hard snow. One need to reach North Pallu before 2 PM, we were told by the Jawans there, as travel up to K-TOP is regulated one way, if they see light traffic, they may close their eyes for two way trffic, but as a rule, vehicles arriving after 2 are bunched and let up after shutting traffice coming down. Reason, they said afternoons the chances of snow increases, down coming traffic increases after noon and upcoming traffic bunches up around that time. So start early, reach N.Pallu around 12-1 and you have better chances to sail through without difficulties.

Started climb at 1140, reached top at 0110, did it very slow with photo stops and enjoyed the scenary. The drizzle at 12 noon soon turned into snow, the wipers were doing duty with difficulty, was a great experience, strangely the temp raised on Jiggys meter, was more barable than when it was snowing!!!! Does the temp actually raise when it snows, any commentes, people who have experienced this?

Reached K-Top again, there was a mela with 70 bikers enjoying the snow-fall and clicking away, they were everywhere, all vecant spots taken by them, had to wait a long time for me to get a slot in frot of the yellow board again, but with patience could do that. In the meantime Jiggy and Prajesh were going to town on the snow, the rubber gloves emboldening them to play with snow. I could see Jiggy striking 50 different poses ( he thought so, but actually they were all his one classic pose) and Prajesh having a difficult time convincing him to change pose. Well....... the drama went on for 15 minutes, the Army Jawans started whistling the bikers away and some peace regained.

What Was I doing? Watching the unfolding drama; an old lady, aroubnd 85 waring only a Sari, built sturdy as a horse and moving like a jumping jack bean and her husband struggling to breathe, a young couple on a honey-moon, husband trying to support a vomiting wife, biker trying with difficulty to kick start his bikes with frozen tigh-muscles which were protesting at the sudden flexing and the biker wincing at the pain, a biker whoes front wheel has gone into a rut, asked me to pull him back to get back into the road, a 10 year old enjoying the snow visibly unaffected by the height, people scrambling to get a slot near the yellow board, jostling, glaring at each other, pushing, pointing fingers from below, waving arms, people slithering on snow, falling, trying to regain balance, one rolling down uncontrolably and laught about it in the end........ it was a sight to see, unlike any other place you would see in the world. Most of all, the excitement, joy, sense of achievement proclaiming, "Wow... I did it" was the most striking emotion on every face, we felt the same too. South Pallu to Santhi Guest house was a normal run, we were back there around 3 PM.

Most photos were taken by Prajesh today, I was driving, but picked up one of his photos to show some friends here I am fresh, shaven and looking better. My K-Top or The K-Top, which one shines better, you be the judge

===========
Attached Thumbnails
Leh-docked-ktop-amr.jpg  

Last edited by ramkya1 : 10th July 2010 at 12:44.
ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 12:47   #180
MX6
Senior - BHPian

You are THE man! Way to go Ramkya! Back in business.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote