Leh-docked-sk-12-large.jpg

Leh-docked-ls6-large.jpg

Leh-docked-ms14-large.jpg
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2010, 19:27   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Attaching a PDF map and excel sheet of the trip log, I have already uploaded it here somwehre, but doing it again for you.. you would get an idea of the time and distances, costs I will come back to you later. The distance and a petrol car and unshared expenses make it look high, if someone shares petrol, you'd save money.

There are many otheres here who have done done Leh and can comment on this.

Ramky Sir is totally right... One small thing to add—petrol is cheaper in North India by 4-7 rupees, depending on which state you are purchasing it. That should save you a wee bit.

Bets of luck.
rajeevn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2010, 19:31   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Attaching a PDF map and excel sheet of the trip log, I have already uploaded it here somwehre, but doing it again for you.. you would get an idea of the time and distances, costs I will come back to you later. The distance and a petrol car and unshared expenses make it look high, if someone shares petrol, you'd save money.

There are many otheres here who have done done Leh and can comment on this.
[quote=kpzen;2021101]Some random pics by Jiggy.

Attachment 403731

The three of you have done wonders—first with your trip and then with this all-consuming tavelogue. People like me can't really thank you enough "for taking us there with you".

Fantastic stuff from all of you—inspiring. Literally catches me by the scruff of my neck and all but forces me to sit in the car and start driving...

rajeevn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 13:05   #424
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Hai Rajeev,

Thank you for the comments.

On such long distance 4-5 rupees would make a small difference, but his saving would come if the whole cost is shared between 2/3 people.

The only way to do these trip is to do some planning and just get out and drive in the direction you want to go

[quote=rajeevn;2026366]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Some random pics by Jiggy.

Attachment 403731

The three of you have done wonders—first with your trip and then with this all-consuming tavelogue. People like me can't really thank you enough "for taking us there with you".

Fantastic stuff from all of you—inspiring. Literally catches me by the scruff of my neck and all but forces me to sit in the car and start driving...

ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 09:36   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_namakkal View Post
In your whole travelogues, which was the place where you felt like shouting 'yahooooo' and which was coldest place.

The toughest challenge you face on road.

Its human nature to forgets things even if its well planned. Was there anything of that sort which was really needed and was ready but forgot to pick it up?

Any can you the most humorous moment
Ramky sir, remember those above questions.
vinod_namakkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 11:50   #426
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Vinod,

Was checking for some data here, came across your questions.

Answers from the top of my mind.

Yahoo Moments:
  • When we reached Rangdum, the village in the middle of nowere and the vastness of the land was overpowering.
  • A rainbow.....water splashing on a glacier, Rangdum Road.
  • The view of the Hangroo Loops hits you harder than Ghatta Loops, we just sat on top and watched the match-box like vehicles down below, can't erase that picture for a long long time.
  • View of the river on the Diskit road, what the river has done to the land has to be seen to be believed.
  • Pangong Tso on the full moon day, poppy for the soul.
  • View around Brandy Nullah, what river Tsarapp has sculptured is beyond imagination.
  • River view around Pang, the entire stretch immediately after Pang is breath taking.
  • Snowy road of Baralacha La and Frozen Suraj Tal, surreal.
Toughest challenge, personal.
  • When I was hit by AMS and got knocked out after finishing the toughest section at Zoshi la. The day we reached Rangdum was another physically challenging day, I was floating in and out with AMS, managed to eat only one energy bar the whole day!!
  • The water crossing immediately after Gold Drop Camp, Sarchu, the sandly section before More Plains and one Mother of a slussy section before Barala Cha la. Streaks of fear surfaced, fear of getting stuck in the middle of nowhere.
Humorous Moments:
  • I was not eating much initially due to AMS, gradully I improved, Jiggy and Kevin were force feeding morsals of food. We were sitting in a restaurant in Leh, my appetite came back in a rush, I ordered plates of chicken one after another, my companions were awe-struck and were gaping at me with dropped jaws, I polished off almost a full chicken. They practically fell off the chair when I ordered a couple of drinks too
  • There were many many moments, Jiggy made life wonderful with his one line cracks all along.
--Ramky

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_namakkal View Post
Ramky sir, remember those above questions.

Last edited by ramkya1 : 13th October 2010 at 11:56.
ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote