Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 1st August 2010, 12:27   #31
BHPian

Hi Nomadabhi,

Good the see the RD350 out where it belongs. The pics are really awesome and make me itch to go out and have the same kind of fun and adventure as you guys had. Waiting for more pics.
sami316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2010, 19:02   #32
BHPian

Default Awesome wholesome!

Those are some beautiful pictures nomadabhi Bhai! Seeing those falls and the gushing rain, I am kind of experiencing it even as I sit in front of my computer. We guys undertook a similar trip to Pykara in Ooty when it was raining and it was all fun. Except when the we faced a puncture with an RX-135 amidst nowhere, the rest of the trip falls in line with yours Bhai. Rearing to go in for such a drive myself when I am back homewards soon.

There's simply nothing like the wind staring in the eye and the landscapes flying by...happens when you bike! And an RD is a treat to behold at that.

Cheers
Champion
Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 09:45   #33
BHPian

Hi Abhijit, Harshad here, red Rx, Ashish's friend. Hows the Bike now?
Nice write up and pics, Ashish didnt show me these pics before. Had only seen the omlette and the beach one.
I can never get tired of that RDs pics.
And I am still waiting for the RD pillion blast you promised. I am not home now and will be back around Jan so I am up for a bike trip then.
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 09:48   #34
BHPian

Thank you guys... yes it is awesome when i see those pics with my NOMAD somewhere in wild far away from city life. It gives me a sense of satisfaction with end of every trip on RD. Doing justice with RD350 and to prove that it is not so unreliable makes me grin from ear to ear. When I restored the bike before my kashid trip, I thought of not taking it to trips so as to have it shining like all other well maintained (showroom) condition RDs seen in citylife (only on weekends for few 10s KM though ). But the itch to carry NOMAD to remote and having that "devil smile" on my face is priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Hi Abhijit, Harshad here, red Rx, Ashish's friend. Hows the Bike now?
Nice write up and pics, Ashish didnt show me these pics before. Had only seen the omlette and the beach one.
I can never get tired of that RDs pics.
And I am still waiting for the RD pillion blast you promised. I am not home now and will be back around Jan so I am up for a bike trip then.
Hey Harshad, nice to see you here man. And I do remeber your RX. Infact, I recently had my hands on your RX. The color is awesome. And regarding ride definaltly once you come back.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd August 2010 at 10:13. Reason: Back to back posts, please wait for Mod approval to EDIT the original post while you wait for posting rights. Thanks
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 10:48   #35
BHPian

Yes I know the performance front and I am planning to get things done, of course your inputs will be highly appreciated.
Thanks for the colour compliment, It came out really well.
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:56   #36
BHPian

Yes Slick "Harshad". I guess RX is not doing above 90kmph and has developed a sluggish ride. However, with correct gear changing it is doing well if I remember.
However, for your friend the drive is hectic as he has to do alot of gearshifting to find the correct powerband.
I also got email about the prive list. Was wondering if it is from singapore or india?
[A favor] Is there any remote possibility if you can carry along few RD spares if avail in singapore at right price?
Old 2nd August 2010, 21:54   #37
BHPian

Yes I am used to getting the powerband,

I have already tried the singapore bike forums for pointers on RD parts as I also aspire to own one, sometime in the near future. But no luck yet. If you can arrange for a place for me to visit and get those then I why not.
If anyone around here knnows then it would be great help.

But I have already tried to snoop around and I think moving parts are as rare as India, Rather they are sourced from thailand, taiwan or malaysia.

So long, do let me know and I'll go and check over the weekend.
PM me for details.

Last edited by Slick : 2nd August 2010 at 21:56. Reason: Addition of a message
Old 5th August 2010, 20:41   #38
BHPian

Four wheels move your body, two move your soul..
awesome travelogue and nice pics, loved the ride and place..
cogentr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 09:57   #39
BHPian

That is indeed right Cogentr, "Four wheels move your body, two move your soul.." but RD's Torque sweeps both of them ;-)