Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 17th August 2010, 20:44   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
Awesome travelogue.. Thoroughly enjoyed it. You have visited some of the best waterfalls in the Western ghats section. I was at Jog about a month back and I too experienced the view from the edge of the cliff which is insane. Loved the pictures at Gokak falls.

How much time does it take to deviate from NH4, see the Gokak waterfalls and get back to NH4?
Thanks buddy...yes the view is real insane...never imagined there would ever be a point like that.

For Gokak, after the diversion from Sankeshwar its 60kms...would take around an hour and 15 mins max.
nix1976in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 07:30   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Amazing. I am speechless.
I can feel the wetness.

Thanks a ton for sharing
My share of 5 stars for you too
Thanks Laulks, I appreciate the kind words.
Old 18th August 2010, 16:52   #33
BHPian

Default Jog Front View

Jog Front View :

Old 18th August 2010, 19:59   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
fantastic photos, you have captured the monsoon mood perfectly. Good narration..
Thanks TSEA...hope you like the videos too.
Old 19th August 2010, 10:53   #35
BHPian

Excellent trip! I am sure you must have enjoyed like anything. The Jog falls pics are really cool and now I am eager like never before to visit that place, have heard a lot but never visited before.
The Panhala pics are pretty familiar for me as I am basically from Kolhapur, it was our best place for any outing ranging from a few hours to few days during my college days
Figopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2010, 11:07   #36
BHPian

Spectacular views of the Western Ghats!
Thnx for Sharing
pramod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2010, 12:31   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Wow another wet episode! Classic one! Was that you on the precipice?
Man that is dangerous!

So many water bodies! All full and roaring. You really had a fantastic trip.
5 Stars from my side.
Nikhil, I also echo what ampere has said above. Fantastic trip.

I was closely following this thread (without opening/browsing it !!). I mean, I was keeping an eye that this thread sure would be having a perfect 'monsoon masala'. Now, what I liked most was your way of doing this trip: you had such a wide exposure to so many waterfalls and greenery, sort of a circular trip in 5 days.

This is doable for people like us from north in 7-8 days. Who knows may be next monsoon may find us there.
LongDrive lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2010, 13:21   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Fantastic trip, you appear to have done the best waterfalls in the WG region in MH.
The Hotel Mattuga near Jog Falls is a good find, looks like you have favorable reviews about it.
How good or bad was the road from Sankeshwar to Gokak?
Sorry Nikhil for going OT, couldn't resist 'analyzing' this response from HVK sir.

I was surprised to find the first line in above post! - a routine stuff, much like less mortals like us write.

Go to the second line, and one finds that the post is already in typical HVK gear - picking/highlighting the new information, 'Hotel- good find'.

And the third line! well, there you are caught with the 'mandatory question' - road condition from a particular point to another specific point!!

PS: BTW Nikhil, Amidst your fantastic monsoon pics, I could identify with one: That Dharwad bench of K'taka High Court. While returning during our last summer south trip, we have stopped exactly infront of that building, I crossed NH4 and withdrew some cash from that SBI ATM, and construction of the new small boundary wall seen infront of ATM was going on that day!
LongDrive lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 08:27   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Excellent trip! I am sure you must have enjoyed like anything. The Jog falls pics are really cool and now I am eager like never before to visit that place, have heard a lot but never visited before.
The Panhala pics are pretty familiar for me as I am basically from Kolhapur, it was our best place for any outing ranging from a few hours to few days during my college days

Thanks Figo...Kolhapur gives you great access to the western ghats and amazing food. I stayed a couple of days in Shalini Palace ( check my other logs) and it was a great experience.
Old 20th August 2010, 10:42   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nix1976in View Post
Thanks Figo...Kolhapur gives you great access to the western ghats and amazing food. I stayed a couple of days in Shalini Palace ( check my other logs) and it was a great experience.
Ohh yes, I have explored quite a few places around Kolhapur during my college days. And what can I say about Kolhapuri food? It's just that it's name has been tarnished by hoteliers around the country by naming the most spicy dish they can make as a Kolhapuri speciality which is not true as you may have been experienced!

Driving to Kolhapur today for a long weekend, hopefully, I will touch Panhala as well.
Figopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 08:28   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod View Post
Spectacular views of the Western Ghats!
Thnx for Sharing
Thanks buddy...glad you liked the log.
Old 23rd August 2010, 18:18   #42
BHPian

Thoseghar Falls...Satara.

Old 25th August 2010, 09:04   #43
BHPian

Default Gokak Falls Video

View of Gokak Falls
Old 25th August 2010, 09:16   #44
Team-BHP Support

Thanks these are education times for me! Getting to know more about these places in visual!

Thanks again for sharing.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 18:22   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Ohh yes, I have explored quite a few places around Kolhapur during my college days. And what can I say about Kolhapuri food? It's just that it's name has been tarnished by hoteliers around the country by naming the most spicy dish they can make as a Kolhapuri speciality which is not true as you may have been experienced!

Driving to Kolhapur today for a long weekend, hopefully, I will touch Panhala as well.

You bet Figo...the tambda and pandhara rassa, sukka mutton and in fact the whole cuisine that one gets in and around Kolhapur is way better and different than any of the kolhapuri pretenders in other parts of MH.