Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

View Poll Results: What do I wish for you Sam & Jenny?
Congratulations on your wedding and every happiness! 371 63.97%
A long happy life together! 497 85.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 22nd September 2010, 12:43   #196
BHPian

Sam like your signture says Impressively brilliant it is!

Cheers and waiting for more brilliance .It is surprising that this places are still untouched by tourism industry but i am happy that these places have remained virgin and unspoilt. Touch Wood.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please use notepad to copy and paste content on TBHP. Do not use wordpad. Thanks

Last edited by mobike008 : 22nd September 2010 at 19:12.
Old 22nd September 2010, 13:31   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Plitvička jezera

At some point I begin to think that I may have too many photos.

But I cannot help myself. My camera is the only proof to myself that when it is over, we were not dreaming. It was real.
It is now well over 6 hours since we left home. By my reckoning, we have already walked over 20 kilometres.

I know my feet hurt a little, but the excitement of seeing these places has made me forgotten it completely. The same for Jenny who is squealing like a little child at the wondrousness of it all.

Here is another lot of photos. Yes ladies and gentlemen, places like this do exist in the world. And we're lucky enough to see this before we die.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8580_l.jpg

Name:  DSC_8586_l.jpg
Views: 2669
Size:  159.5 KB

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8590_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8591_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8595_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8596_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8600_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8601_l.jpg

Name:  DSC_8606_l.jpg
Views: 2565
Size:  99.6 KB

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8618c_l.jpg

Name:  DSC_8620_l.jpg
Views: 2557
Size:  137.7 KB

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8627_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8633_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8638_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8652_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8653_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8614_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8616c_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8619_l.jpg

I find myself staring at the ducks and fish. Fascinating. I can see through the clear blue water all the way to the bottom.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8651_l.jpg

Truly some of the most beautiful things I have seen in my life have been today.

Croatia is blessed says Jenny, as we both sit on the bank looking at the ducks.

I nod. Yes it is. Indeed.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 22nd September 2010 at 13:51.
Old 22nd September 2010, 14:23   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Truly some of the most beautiful things I have seen in my life have been today.

Croatia is blessed says Jenny, as we both sit on the bank looking at the ducks.

I nod. Yes it is. Indeed.
Fully agree that you both are blessed to see this surreal world !! And in turn we are fortunate to have you amidst us, narrating and showing us the same through your thread.

Btw did you go for a swim in that heavenly lake !! How does the water taste ?

Last edited by emkay456 : 22nd September 2010 at 14:24.
Old 22nd September 2010, 14:35   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
Btw did you go for a swim in that heavenly lake !! How does the water taste ?
The water tasted GREAT! However one is not permitted to swim in the Plitvice Lakes. They are protected from humans.
Old 22nd September 2010, 14:59   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

OK, Sam, now I can understand why you left Venice.

...but not why you shoudl ever move on from Plitvice!
Old 22nd September 2010, 15:01   #201
BHPian

This is the heaven on earth for sure, I mean I have never imagined this type of color of raw water present on earth. It is simply amazing and you guys are really lucky to experience that..
Old 22nd September 2010, 15:46   #202
Senior - BHPian

Lovely and heavenly pictures all over Sam !! One should be lucky enough to have a leisurely visit to such places. I think even recollecting that place itself might be giving a relaxing feel ! Color of the water is just amazing. It reminded me of some pics from Greece, taken by my friend who went there for vacation.
Old 22nd September 2010, 18:05   #203
BHPian

Sam, the plitvice lake is the most beautiful lake I ever visited in Europe. Hope you dont mind sharing one of my Plitivice lake pic

Old 22nd September 2010, 19:03   #204
BHPian

Awesome pics again Sam. The lake pics were just breathtaking and awe inspiring at the same time. Would really love to see our lakes match up at least half of it in cleanliness.
Old 22nd September 2010, 20:04   #205
BHPian

no fishing, sam?

Anyways, its been great traveling with you thus far. Where are you taking us next?
Old 22nd September 2010, 21:36   #206
Senior - BHPian

Holy smokes what beauty.And the most interesting parts are where the lakebed just seems to cave into the ground!

Lovely pics!
Old 22nd September 2010, 22:19   #207
BHPian

Hi Sam,

Just one question about all the above pictures of the plitvice lake.
Is there any particular trek trail which one has to follow to see all the waterfalls and small water lakes Or we have to just roam around in the jungle by our own.
Old 22nd September 2010, 22:33   #208
BHPian

I am amazed that such a beautiful place is still in existance. The pristine nature of the surrounding woods enhances the look fo the lake. Sam, this is one ideal place to vacation for honeymoon. Good choice. Have fun and post more photos.
Old 23rd September 2010, 08:48   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
The water tasted GREAT! However one is not permitted to swim in the Plitvice Lakes. They are protected from humans.
Any place on this planet protected from Humans would be a paradise .

Thanks Sam and Jenny for showing us these wonderful places and for once this is one thread of yours I am enjoying more for the pics than the words...
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:37   #210
BHPian

Hey Sam!
I am so compelled to reply to this thread the second time! We (me and my girl-friend) get married in March'11, and were contemplating over honeymoon destinations - had shortlisted a roadtrip through New Zealand or a cruise to Alaska (We put up in US). And now, there is a completely different angle to our discussion - thanks to this thread. Serene, quiet and absolutely Divine!

Is Croatia an all-season place? I saw the ski slopes, and presume it snows heavily enough - but what becomes of these lakes? Frozen? Do they lose their beauty in late winters? What do you suggest?

I hope, getting married was purely academic to your relationship - and that it won't change the Yeti in you. I hope you travel even more, to inspire, guide and enlighten us further, and introduce us to such beautiful and virgin places, with your words and eyes.

Three cheers for Mr. And Mrs. Yeti!
Closed Thread