Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

View Poll Results: What do I wish for you Sam & Jenny?
Congratulations on your wedding and every happiness! 371 63.97%
A long happy life together! 497 85.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 29th September 2010, 12:56   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

Default A walk through Rab Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Did you mean "47 burning violins" ?
Lol yeah. I think I lost 5 violins along the way.

------------------------------------------------

We're not sure what to expect from this town. But no matter what we expected, we didn't expect the town to be so quaint and beautiful.

This is one of the cutest towns we've seen in our lives!

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8822_l.jpg

As we climb the steps into the town I turn again to see the sea. Stunning.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8824_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8825_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8826_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8838_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8828_l.jpg

It's so CUUUTEEE! What a pretty little town!!

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8831_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8832_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8833_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8834_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8835_l.jpg

As we walk up to the inner bay (do you see the taxi in the photo above??) we start getting hungry.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8836_l.jpg

Past the cafes and the inner streets until we find ourselves a nice place to sit, each some brunch and take in the atmosphere of the town.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8839_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8840_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8841_l.jpg

This looks perfect!

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8843_l.jpg
Old 29th September 2010, 14:36   #257
BHPian

Taxi? What taxi? The closest I see to a taxi is something that looks like a yellow board on the other side of the water. Is that the taxi?
Old 29th September 2010, 15:02   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive View Post
Taxi? What taxi? The closest I see to a taxi is something that looks like a yellow board on the other side of the water. Is that the taxi?
Look at the photo of the boats. There is one boat with the word taxi on it I guess you can use the boats to move from one part of the island to another on them ?
Old 29th September 2010, 15:02   #259
BHPian

Quote:
That's right. The yellow board you see in the picture is a taxi. I also see another taxi in another picture "Mario Taxi".

@Sam Kapasi: Why do people use those taxis? I mean just for joy rides or???
Old 29th September 2010, 15:03   #260
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Allow me to show you.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8835high_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8835taxi.jpg
Old 29th September 2010, 15:18   #261
BHPian

Plitvička jezera pics are just awsome.. i cannot imagine that there exists such places on earth.
Phew i was just out of the world while seeing these pics..
Brilliant place and many thanks for sharing the pics

Last edited by aah78 : 30th September 2010 at 02:53. Reason: Post edited. Bold formatting removed.
Old 29th September 2010, 15:29   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Sam... I see some sand in one of those wonderful pictures!

I'm wondering about how few people are about. Is the tourist season over there?
Old 29th September 2010, 18:52   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
We're staying in the area of Palit - we decide to take a look at the medieval town of Rab.
What was real funny was to see people wear these at the naturist beaches. But that is material for another story.
I always get confused about the maturity of society in eastern europe. So this is where medieval meets modern!
Old 29th September 2010, 19:36   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Sam... I see some sand in one of those wonderful pictures!

I'm wondering about how few people are about. Is the tourist season over there?
Yes, there were little banks of sand, just a few meters of sand and then it was over. Too few and far between.

It was the end of the tourist season, but sure there were tourists. But as I have mentioned before, a lot of German-speaking tourists.
-----------------------------------------

Rab is a town with a lot of culture and art, as is apparent from every little nook and cranny we explore.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8845_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8846_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8851_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8852_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8853_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8855_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8861_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8862_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8865_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8866_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8867_l.jpg

And as we spend a quiet moment staring at the shades of blue and green, I realize that I have lost all track of day, date and time.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8863_l.jpg

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 29th September 2010 at 19:50.
Old 29th September 2010, 19:59   #265
Team-BHP Support

Wow! Those by-lanes remind me of old Nice!
Except that they were full of people!

And the old line of houses look like Malta.
Old 29th September 2010, 20:48   #266
BHPian

Hey Sam, I am completely hooked to your travelogue. Unarguably, it is the most scenic travelogue on TBhp till now.

You are indeed lucky to have traveled to such marvelous places. Look forward to further updates on the travelogue.

And last but not the least, all the best wishes to you and Jenny for a very happy and wonderful married life.
Old 30th September 2010, 09:14   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Default The Old Bell Tower

As we walk though the various parts of town (all the various gallis, called ulicas) I see the old bell tower.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8870_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8868_l.jpg

Come on!
No I don't want to.

Jenny is not very good with heights and yet I manage to cajole her into climbing up a good way. The tower is next to the sea and climbing higher offers a spectacular view of the coastline.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8872t_l.jpg

Of course, climbing up on this staircase is not for the faint of heart, that is for sure.
As we climb further, she stops.

No. No more. I'll wait here.
Come, I'll hold you.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8877_l.jpg

NO!

OK, I know that tone. I go up to the peak on my own, through the littlest of entrances where one has to climb, them crawl. How will I ever get down?

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8887_l.jpg

But that is for a later moment. At this moment, I am at the highest point in Rab with a 360 degree view of this numbingly beautiful place.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8879_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8881_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8882_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8883_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8884_l.jpg

As I look around I again nod to myself. The world has some beautiful places indeed. I want to see them all with Jenny.

Well, at least the ones that are not so dangerously high, lol.

I take a photo of myself.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8886_l.jpg
I was here.

Time to continue exploring.
Old 30th September 2010, 10:13   #268
BHPian

Do I see shades of white beard there? The Yeti is getting old? lol

Keep the numbing pics coming
Old 30th September 2010, 11:28   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Wow! Those by-lanes remind me of old Nice!
Except that they were full of people!

And the old line of houses look like Malta.
I think they are more like Eze near Nice on the road towards Monaco.

@Sam
Awesome pictures. Like most of us hooked to this travelogue , I am spellbound. Rab seems to be an untouched town by the touristy folk. Keep the beautiful pictures coming.
Old 30th September 2010, 15:06   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

We walk around, we fool around, we're relaxed and ever so happy.

But first, amongst the ruins of Rab, a bollywood dance.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8890_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8894_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8896_l.jpg

Now that we have finished our filmy desires, we sit on the stone parapet and stare down at the sea. It's like our eyes cannot get enough of this beauty.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8902_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8905_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8912_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8914_l.jpg

A little stone alley town, with artist studios and little restaurants everywhere.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8915_l.jpg

Soon after lunch, we head off to a secluded beach to soak in the sun and swim in the clear water.

However, you can forget about more photos from hereon, lol.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8921_l.jpg

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 30th September 2010 at 15:09.
Closed Thread