Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

View Poll Results: What do I wish for you Sam & Jenny?
Congratulations on your wedding and every happiness! 371 63.97%
A long happy life together! 497 85.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 4th October 2010, 09:43   #286
BHPian

The under water video was really cool Sam. The water looks unbelievably crystal clear. One question- What video editing software do you use.
Old 4th October 2010, 17:21   #287
Senior - BHPian

Vow!! I take back whatever I said about Kapasi being more conservative in his travelogues after marriage. This is absolute Yeti stuff!! Great going

And you did not have mussels and clams? Oh man, what a waste!
Old 5th October 2010, 09:40   #288
BHPian

Fun's over bro! now suck it up and get back to work! Just Kidding Sam!
This is the type of vacation I (as a matter of fact, anyone) would like to take. Just loving those exotic places which we are seeing through your eyes! Have fun while it lasts and for sure I'm loving it!

Cheers!
-Z
Old 5th October 2010, 13:51   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
One question- What video editing software do you use.
I use iMovie on my MacBook Pro.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8960_l.jpg
The boatwallah shows me how to use the motor. Forward, throttle, reverse, choke, pull, start, stop. You know what I mean.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8957_l.jpg

And this anchor.
Anchor,
I repeat.
Anchor to boat when swimming or visiting beach.
Ah
. I grin and nod like Chandler Bing. Yeah swimming in the sea and visit beaches. Cool!

And we're off into the inky blue sea, surrounded by beautiful islands. Oh it is wonderful!

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8963_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8965_l.jpg
We stop, anchor and Jenny swims. I love swimming, but this sea is at 10 degrees and it is about 28 outside.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8983_l.jpg

No thanks. I'm good on my boat.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_8984_l.jpg

At about 6 we start looking for the place where we must return our boat. It takes us a little time to recognize the coast position, we're typical landlubbers.

We say our goodbyes and return to our hotel to plan the next day. Maps, discussions and it is done.

Dinner at an Italian restaurant in Rab town.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9011_l.jpg

This will be our last dinner in Croatia. Tomorrow we're going to Slovenia!

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 5th October 2010 at 13:52.
Old 5th October 2010, 19:10   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
The boatwallah shows me how to use the motor. Forward, throttle, reverse, choke, pull, start, stop. You know what I mean.

And this anchor.
Anchor,
I repeat.
Anchor to boat when swimming or visiting beach.
Ah
. I grin and nod like Chandler Bing. Yeah swimming in the sea and visit beaches. Cool!
I still am not sure if I can learn anchoring in a crash course like that. He would have to give me a full demo.
Quote:
We stop, anchor and Jenny swims. I love swimming, but this sea is at 10 degrees and it is about 28 outside.
Yikes. even thinking about it makes me cold, Jenny must love water.
Old 5th October 2010, 20:07   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Leaving Rab

We wake up early, eat a nice breakfast of watermelon (purchased the evening before) and we're on our way.

The previous evening I had taken my laptop to the tourist information centre where we were able to log on to the internet for free. What we did gather 100% was that the next few days would have cold and damp weather.

This was a bit of a bummer as we had absolutely no warm clothes. There was no way we would be able to survive without some jackets. It was definitely going to rain.
The morning is already cloudy and overcast by the time we reach the ferry.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_90211_l.jpg

We need to stop somewhere and buy jackets. That is clear. The next available city is Rijeka, a coastal city. Rijeka it is.
We have to simply hug the coast until we reach there.

Name:  Screen shot 20101005 at 8.00.16 PM.png
Views: 2320
Size:  179.7 KB

We stand and stare longingly at the impossibly coloured sea.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9024_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9026_l.jpg

Ahead, a gang of German motorcylists prepares for their long ride.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9028_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_90331_l.jpg

Back on the road again. This time Jenny is driving so I take a few photos and make a video (coming soon)

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9038_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9039_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9040_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_90411_l.jpg

It isn't long before we're at Rijeka. Time to park the car and shop for jackets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
I still am not sure if I can learn anchoring in a crash course like that. He would have to give me a full demo.
A full demo in 3 feet of sea water? lol. To be honest, it took a little time to figure it out once we were at sea. But it wasn't that bad.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 5th October 2010 at 20:12.
Old 5th October 2010, 20:27   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Rijeka!

Ordinarily we wouldn't have stopped at a town, any town or city.

But we're freezing. We've even started up the heater on good old 888. Seems like quite a shame that we have to buy jackets, since we both have plenty of winter clothes.
Ah well, either buy jackets, or not enjoy the rest of our holiday.

The choice is clear.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_90421_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9044_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9046_l.jpg

Rijeka (Pronounced reeyecka) turns out to be a very interesting city, loads of stores, great infrastructure and a lot of young, good-looking people. (read:hot chicks!) lol

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9047_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9048_l.jpg

We spend about 2 hours exploring Rijeka.
We get some really good jackets and we're off! Not before having a coffee though.

We need to get to Ljubljana. That looks like a mouthful, but it isn't. It's pronounced Lyoo-blyana. Or Loo-bli-yana depending on your mood and rush.

Ljubljana is the capital of Slovenia.

It is supposed to be the smallest and cutest capital city in Europe (Yes, Slovenia is EU and uses the Euro for currency, unlike Croatia that is non-eu and uses the Kuna) and is also a university city.

Well, we're gonna see if we like it.

Name:  Screen shot 20101005 at 8.19.39 PM.png
Views: 2231
Size:  315.7 KB
Old 6th October 2010, 00:08   #293
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice wedding ring picture there sam
Old 6th October 2010, 10:41   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Ljubljana!!

The way out of Croatia is not so long. We look for a few knick-knacks and souvenirs of jams, marmalades, honey-preserved figs local food and more before we touch border-control.

We're stamped back into the EU at the Slovenian border and we continue driving.
Of course we stop to convert the few remaining Kuna we have back into
Euro.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9050_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9060_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9065_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9067_l.jpg

There's something very endearing about this name. The city is well, nice looking and has some nice historic east-euopean looking buildings and as expected, loads of young students and fashionable stores and more.
Had we not bought a jacket at Rijeka, we could have done so here, quite easily.

A short drive through Ljubljana, we're already pretty sure we don't want to spend the night here. We've decided to go to Bled tonight - it's not too far from here, so we have time to explore.

Funny how any distance less than 200kms suddenly seems close by now, lol.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9069_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9071_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9075_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9078_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9080_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9086_l.jpg

Look, there. It says "way to castle"
Fine so let's go take a look.

We didn't have a book on Slovenia or Ljubljana. Our navigation didn't work. We were, as they commonly say, winging it.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9091_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_90941_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9095_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9100_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9102_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9103_l.jpg

Ljubljana castle turns out to be more of a cultural centre than an actual castle. This place is rich with art and music and more. The funicular railway station is also very interesting.
The architecture of this place blends new with old quite seamlessly, as you can see from the restaurant itself.

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9106_l.jpg

A view of the city...

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_9108_l.jpg

And an unexpected treat, a rehearsal.
Old 6th October 2010, 11:34   #295
Senior - BHPian

Hi Jenny & Sam,

An awesome HM-logue. I must say Jenny's wedding ring is "BEAUTIFUL". Wishing you both have a blessed life together.

Raab Rakha.
Old 6th October 2010, 13:09   #296
Senior - BHPian

A nice photo of the beautiful wedding ring and a nice way of slipping the photo in also!!

Which is the Fusion-like vehicle in front of the exchange office in the first photograph? saw one in an earlier video also.
Old 6th October 2010, 13:40   #297
BHPian

Sam,

Europe is a haven on Earth! Thanks for showing it to us.
Old 6th October 2010, 15:06   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
And an unexpected treat, a rehearsal.
Enjoy the video of the rehearsal!

Old 6th October 2010, 17:18   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

"Impressively brilliant" is right. The harmonic and timing coordination of a good choir is just amazing. Notice the clap, as in the clap. Now try to get a room full of people to keep time by clapping, and notice how far adrift from each other they get.
Old 7th October 2010, 10:19   #300
BHPian

This is really great Sam. Even though from the top the city looks like just another city in the photo, the other shots that you have prove otherwise. The choir was also great - what were they rehearsing for?
Closed Thread