Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 9th September 2010, 18:38   #106
BHPian

Default An unputdownable expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
Day 13: 16th. July 2010

Shimla to Jaipur. Departure 9.10 am. This is the day we leave the mountains behind us and enter the plains. We exit Dev Bhoomi aka Himachal Pradesh. This is the beginning of the end. Very few pictures clicked from this point onwards. More of a straight drive all the way to Bombay. Slight problem with the Bolero clutch at Ambala, which was rectified at a roadside garage at Shahabad. Entered Delhi at around 5.20 pm. Faced the full brunt of Delhi traffic and exited at around 7.10 pm. Heavy truck traffic on NH8, almost till Behror. Had half a mind to stay back in Behror, but continued all the way to Jaipur. Reached Jaipur at 11.20pm. Distance covered 625 kms.
>>> Gautam,

There used to be a term with which we were familiar with, before the internet pushed quite a few of us off books - 'unputdownable'.

The first word that came to mind whilst re-reading this thread is unsurprisingly, unputdownable.. Your expedition reminds me of the Britishers who undertook expeditions to Tibet, to Ladakh and to the northern areas in the nineteenth century to chart the India-China boundary.

I am sure hvk's Matiz expedition would have been equally spectacular, if not more so given that he was driving a 'normal' small car, popular or not, with ubiquitous service stations or not.

By the way I am curious to know the details of the route that you took on your way back from New Delhi to Bombay - was it the quickest or the most motorable? I am assuming that the two may not be the same. Ditto for your onward journey.

Regards

Last edited by issigonis : 9th September 2010 at 18:40. Reason: Made additions
issigonis is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 12:56   #107
Senior - BHPian

Yeah sure mate would love to meet up with you. However am posted in Delhi right now and will have to check where I am at that moment.
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 20:55   #108
BHPian

Default The Journey Ends!

Day 14: 17th. July 2010

Jaipur to Rishabdeo via Ajmer and Pushkar. Departure 9.10 am. Another day of maximum driving albeit with two stops, the first being Ajmer and a visit to the Dargah Sharief. The second stop was a visit to the Brahma Temple in Pushkar. Unfortunately could not take any pictures of the shrine or the temple as photography is prohibited in the premises. Post lunch at Pushkar, back to the city of Ajmer and then onto the Golden Quadrilateral via Nasirabad. A straight drive onwards to Rishabdeo our night halt. Arrival Rishabdeo at 8.44pm. Distance covered 552 kms.

Day 15: 18th. July 2010

Rishabdeo to Bombay. Departure 8.00 am. The final day of our journey. Again no photography, just straight driving, with stops for teas, lunch, etc. Encountered a lot of traffic on the roads, mostly after Bharuch in Gujarat all the way to Bombay. The lesser said about the conditions of the roads in Maharashtra the better. After encountering slow moving traffic due to conditions of the roads and crossing a huge traffic block after Ghodbunder Bridge, we were at the Toll Plaza at Dahisar at around 9.00pm. Finally reached home at around 10.20 pm., after dropping Arshad and Dinesh at their respective homes. Distance covered 737 kms.

Thus ended our journey/ expedition call it what you may! All I can say is that all of us had a great time. A lot of experiences which will be very hard to forget.

Is this the end, no way, this is just the beginning!

For those who may be interested in a more detailed travelogue, you can visit
BolBoleroDrives

Am also attaching my drive log for those interested.
Central & Eastern Himachal July 2010.xls
BolBolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 21:57   #109
BHPian

Great Travelogue and marvelous pictures. Been reading the travelogue from start and really lots of useful information shared.

Am sure that elusive Rohtang will happen soon
KRRaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 23:39   #110
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
For those who may be interested in a more detailed travelogue, you can visit
BolBoleroDrives

Am also attaching my drive log for those interested.
Attachment 421692

The drive log will be very helpful to many who wish to take this route.

I loved the travelogue, but can we avoid adding personal blogs on T-BHP
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 00:12   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I loved the travelogue, but can we avoid adding personal blogs on T-BHP
Sorry, any idea how it can be removed?
BolBolero is offline   Reply With Quote