Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 21st November 2005, 19:14   #1
BHPian

Default Pune-Mumbai Fiat Lovers meet -Includes Pictures

Fiat Lovers meet 20th November 2005 -Repost from Fiat Club india Yahoo forum.

Hi Guys,

Here is a small account of the meet:

Okay….so this is third official meet for Mumbai and second for Pune. Finally….

The Mumbai team started from Mumbai at 8.30 and made their first halt at CenterOne Vashi where Shantaram joined them, next halt was Hiranandani flyover where I joined them to rock the expressway. Here are a few pictures from Expressway:
Pic-1

Pic-2:

Pic-3

Pic-4

We drove and reached Lonavala and met with Pune team there. Manoj had already arranged for a Bungalow and we eased out there enjoying Wada-Pavs-Tea. There was an initial round of introduction of all members which included a little more info about every one of us than we knew already. We discussed whole lot of things from Fiat to Property rates to our cars. And of course we remembered our beloved Neeraj Paranjape whom we lost recently, in fact this meet was a tribute to Neeraj. Here is some pictorial account of the same:

Pic-5

Guys, we also had a “Celebrity Car cleaner”…who...Look for yourself, Himalayan Rallyist Manoj Vaidya J

Pic-6

After a long chat, and Wada-Paos, we decided for a group photo of all members:

Pic-7

And of course here are the gorgeous beauties:
Pic-8

After the Bungalow meet, we decided to learn a little rallying and of course Manoj obliged us telling us about his secret rally track in Lonavala and we did an hours lap on 15 Kilometer circuit! We had a lot of fun…hey who said we lost way There is a 180 degree swing stunt that Manoj did for us and one of the members video taped it, I am sure it would be posted soon here.

Pic-9

Pic-10

We had an official photo session near a scenic cliff near Lonavala where our Rally circuit ended. Wow!! We are rallying now…Long Live Fiat Lovers!

Pic-11

Pic-12

By the way Guys…we have decided to buy this Bungalow for next meet (includes a waterfall also), let us know if you like it J Though we would have to convince Sunil Shetty to sell it to us!

Pic-13

And of course…this called for a celebration too J

Pic-14

And here is small show of beauty that bonds us together. Cheers! And the next meet has been decided at Goa, Ganesh is leading the coordination efforts and we would definitely need Ryan’s help in getting the location at Goa.

Pic-15 (Don’t try this at home, this has been performed by a professional in a controlled environment using professional equipment and protected with protection gear) Don’t even dream about it if you don’t have a Fiat!! (or Ferrari or Alfa Romeo)

Cheers!
-Rishi
rishi_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2005, 21:50   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hey Rishi great report. I am just thinking off how much I missed .. will definately make it for the next meet.
Just to correct you this was the third official meet for Pune too .
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2005, 22:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

Is it just me or is anybody else having problems opening the images.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2005, 22:41   #4
BANNED

guys, I envy u big time .... I wish Fiat wud decide to take active part in rallying in India. Any clues as to wether Fiat helped Manoj in any form for the Raid ?? If yes ..... details pls.

cheers
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2005, 01:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

congrats guys. The pics are nice and proof of the fact that this was one helluva meet.

keep it up
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2005, 13:22   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
guys, I envy u big time .... I wish Fiat wud decide to take active part in rallying in India. Any clues as to wether Fiat helped Manoj in any form for the Raid ?? If yes ..... details pls.

cheers

Manoj had to withdraw from Raid this year because Fiat promised him sponsorship (in fact we were together in approach and Fiat sponsorship) but due to mumbai flood disaster, Fiat backed out.
rishi_kapoor is offline   Reply With Quote