Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 10th September 2010, 00:04   #151
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
a. Equipment (cameras, filters etc.)
Equipment play a role to some extent. Ajay is using 1Ds Mark III and me 1Ds Mark II. There's a difference with 21 MP and so called 17 MP. There's difference between Digic II and Digic IV processing. I've seen my image blown up to 80 feet wide for billboards. Didn't see any issue there. I'm sure 1Ds Mark III has better capability and it's bound to be. Only difference as I see is to know or feel as what to pull out and when.

b. Experience (of last visit)Too a great extent, yes. I know the weather now. I can feel it. I'll feel even more as I travel in the future. But few things are not going to change. Our continues search for those unknown beauties... Hidden but wide open.

c. Newer techniques (adopted) No new techniques to be honest. Only new realisations and urge to see more. And try to present them faithfully as much as possible. Finally it's an expression of as you felt.. then.

d. Post processing (advanced software)We use Canon's DPP and Apple's Aperture and Photoshop. Depending on images requirment. There's no hard and fast rule really here, Fazal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Rudra-da, this looks very fisheye-ish (a Rush song comes to mind) but I see no fisheye in your arsenal (listed earlier).
24 mm of Ajay with 6 frames to stitch.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th September 2010 at 00:06.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 00:07   #152
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Agree and how! Guys please no discussion on anything else apart from Ladakh and it's vistas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay Narayan View Post
However, I would resist getting into the discussion of Indian Tourism in this thread. That's not why we went there for....see !!
Besides it is nice to leave this region alone to quote The Eagles; "You call someplace paradise, kiss it goodbye" - The Last Resort (Hotel California).

Ajay/Rudra,

What freaks me is that Rudra-da says that he knows what he is going to shoot and what camera settings he is going to make BEFORE he shoots - he has framed the result before even reaching for his camera!!!

That is an achievement in itself or maybe it is a gift (darn, where was I when God was offering this gift).

Nonetheless this images are Superb, SIMPLY superb.

Rudra-da, you shoot the pictures and let Sam (the Yeti) weave a story around them oh what a combination would that be! TBHP has a rather gifted lot!

Last edited by navin : 10th September 2010 at 00:12.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 00:41   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
One of my favourite one in black and white. Many may disagree.
Shot with 1Ds Mark II.

Attachment 421246
This is what I wanted to see. Monochromes, those lovely monochromes. It's the best shot of the last lot if I dare say.. Are we going to blessed with some more monochromes? Anything under processing?
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 10:38   #154
BHPian

Rudra, i am really short on adjectives after "rushing" through your travelogue. Got myself an exciting piece of art to look at over the weekend . It would be best savored at leisure over the weekend rather than rushing through the narration at office today.

Mind-blowing stuff. Excellent photography.
And i guess we must've crossed each other in Ladakh this year. Somehow i remember a gypsy with those two round things like horns on the head . Can't really locate where.
vardhan.harsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 10:55   #155
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vardhan.harsh View Post
Somehow i remember a gypsy with those two round things like horns on the head . Can't really locate where.
That was us all right. Those round things are Hella (lights not horns) by the way.
Old 10th September 2010, 11:27   #156
Senior - BHPian

Mesmerising pics !

I'm out of words. I just wanna go there again....
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 12:09   #157
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Mind Blowing Pictures

These snaps are simply superb. Great work

I was also in Ladakh between 18th to 28th August. Though not a photography freak took loads of snaps with a basic Canon Digital camera and was amazed by the pictures. But after checking this thread i am able to appreciate the art of photography and think should upgrade my photography equipment.
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 12:10   #158
BHPian

Pure Poetry. One of the best i have ever seen. What makes the thread so special is presentation of thoughts behind each of the Photographs. As if you are reading the mind of the photographer at the time he is capturing the shot. This thread is an education to what photography is all about.

Take a bow sir...
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 12:13   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Ajay/Rudra,
What freaks me is that Rudra-da says that he knows what he is going to shoot and what camera settings he is going to make BEFORE he shoots - he has framed the result before even reaching for his camera!!!

That is an achievement in itself or maybe it is a gift.

Navin
It is not a gift but an achievement.
A constant and never ending persuit with a relentless passion behind it.

Anyone can do it but one needs to make sincere effort with EVERY click... for many many years....till it goes into the bloodline.

Then one catches frames as one wants them. It is different from others and reflect what one thinks...it maybe the best or may not be, but reflects the person behind the eyepiece. One has the potential to learn with every click...directly proportional to ones passion and persuit for perfection...!!

Why only Photography, I could say that for all other areas as well.
Many regards. Ajay

Last edited by Ajay Narayan : 10th September 2010 at 12:29.
Ajay Narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 15:44   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Navin

Anyone can do it but one needs to make sincere effort with EVERY click... for many many years....till it goes into the bloodline.

Then one catches frames as one wants them. It is different from others and reflect what one thinks...it maybe the best or may not be, but reflects the person behind the eyepiece. One has the potential to learn with every click...directly proportional to ones passion and persuit for perfection...!!

Many regards. Ajay

Ajayji... thats a perspective as stonkingly true as the perspectives reflected in the photos.
Am amazed and humbled by both.

Cheers,

Jay
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 15:48   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Navin

Many regards. Ajay
Rudra Sir and Ajay Sir,

I'm sure, every person in this forum who goes through this thread will be telling himself "Wish I was with these two amazing people when they actually clicked these pictures" !

You both sir, are simply amazing!! Went through the entire thread now and I'm sure all the possible superlatives have been used in describing the photos! Please add me to your fan base. Hope I could learn a lesson or two from you people.

Please don't stop posting SIR! Keep them coming....

Regards,
Anant
anantu2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 16:55   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantu2001 View Post
Rudra Sir and Ajay Sir,

I'm sure, every person in this forum who goes through this thread will be telling himself "Wish I was with these two amazing people when they actually clicked these pictures" !

You both sir, are simply amazing!! Went through the entire thread now and I'm sure all the possible superlatives have been used in describing the photos! Please add me to your fan base. Hope I could learn a lesson or two from you people.

Please don't stop posting SIR! Keep them coming....

Regards,
Anant
Hey Anant,
Did you know that none of us could ever listen to the greatest singer of all times ?? Because he only sang when nobody was listening.....

Your critic or appreciation is equally important. You all are very well needed to see this work for our own inspiration. This is very important part and for which I and Rudra thank you all.......the gallery continues on...!!
Many regards. Ajay
Ajay Narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 21:41   #163
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Having been at Hunder as recent as June'10 and seeing this picture makes me feel very small. I thought that I had a wonderful view of this place but seeing this picture made me feel so small. I bow my head in absolute respect to Ajay and Rudra's skills. What a concept . Hope you got some lovely flowers at Nubra
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...eet-nubra2.jpg

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 22:22   #164
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey Anant,
Did you know that none of us could ever listen to the greatest singer of all times ?? Because he only sang when nobody was listening.....
That quote reminds me of a song by Harry Chapin called Mr. Tanner

He sang softly to himself as he sorted through the clothes.
Music was his life, it was not his livelihood,
and it made him feel so happy and it made him feel so good.
And he sang from his heart and he sang from his soul.
and he did not know how well he sang; It just made him whole.

I guess that is why you guys take these wonderful pictures.

Last edited by navin : 10th September 2010 at 22:24.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 22:50   #165
Team-BHP Support

Sorry for this delay in posting. Ajay's images are coming from quite a distance you see.

Few more from Nubra valley and our way out to Leh.

From Hundar side. Ajay Narayan with 1Ds Mark III.

Images from above 10000 feet.-hundar.jpg

Gypsy at Panamik. Shot with 1Ds Mark II.

Images from above 10000 feet.-gypsy3.jpg

Chortens at Panamik. Shot with 1Ds Mark II.

Images from above 10000 feet.-trio.jpg

Peaks with no name. Shot with 1Ds Mark II.

Images from above 10000 feet.-twin.jpg

Peak with no name. Shot with 1Ds Mark II.

Images from above 10000 feet.-single.jpg

Little before Khardungla village. Ajay Narayan with 1Ds Mark III.

Images from above 10000 feet.-bkhardungla.jpg

Surreal colours. Ajay Narayan with 1Ds Mark III.

Images from above 10000 feet.-blue.jpg