Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 6th September 2010, 21:08   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
The colours ....
Colours are always light and weather dependent. That said, Canon captures colours extremely faithfully. I'm not for a moment saying others cameras can't.
Canon has low contrast level than it's main competition - Nikon. I like that because I can always increase contrast as I want later on.
This is what I believe after seeing all these for three decades. I surely don't want to seed any controversy here. This is purely my opinion.

After more than 30 km of bumpy drive on Chanthang plain we hit TSO KIAGAR. A small lake before facing famous TSO MORIRI.
Light was really funny. Soft, diffuse but strong enough to piercing through clouds.

Shot with 1Ds Mark II.

Images from above 10000 feet.-tso-kiagar1.jpg

Images from above 10000 feet.-tso-kiagar2.jpg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th September 2010 at 07:41.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 21:21   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Hi Rudra, How was the light when you took this image, because I see the center area is brighter and srrounding is dark. Was it sport mettering or have you done some processing on image to look like that. Is it natural mountain color, behind the lake?
Light changes rapidly in this region. All you need to do is to have patience. Yes, colours are natural and that was the reason for me to stop and spend time.

Spot metering won't work in place like this. There were too many variations on tonal range. Multi-spot metering will be confusing too. Evaluative (Canon) metering or Matrix (Nikon) metering is the way. You can fine tune it further by playing around with EV setting. I do it most of time (keeping final processing/tones in mind).

Get one thing straight here. Camera's automation wont work to pull out what and how you want it to be.
All my shots are planned. Only irony is this. I get something right very rarely.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th September 2010 at 08:15.
Old 6th September 2010, 23:46   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
I get something right very rarely.
Ok I couldn't resist posting, but then that's being too modest . Have been out with you a few times and from what I saw , you had a hell lot of patience which is the key in such situations.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 08:57   #79
Senior - BHPian

You flood T-BHP servers with a lakh of ladakh photos and then one man comes casually with some 40-50 pics and makes it look like no one has ever been there!!

Kudos Rudra! All your pictures are gems! Are you planning any exhibition of sorts? Just curious!
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 09:13   #80
BHPian

Rudra, I am not sure if I can ever take such photos nor it is easy to visit places like these. But I can always visit this log when I feel I need to see such places and amazing photography. Thank you for this wonderful log.
k149in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 09:35   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Are you planning any exhibition of sorts?
Yes I'm but only when my pocket permits. These prints are going to be expensive to get ready.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k149in View Post
..nor it is easy to visit places like these.
Why not? Make a trip next year. It's worth the trouble.
Old 7th September 2010, 09:55   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Yes I'm but only when my pocket permits. These prints are going to be expensive to get ready.
jaai hok, do update this thread with details. Would love to have a look, plus meet the master himself!!
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 11:27   #83
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)

What pictures Rudra.

As Riju said, one needs to be very patient to get great shots because light is something that one cannot really control outside of the studio. For most of us when we visit a place, photography is not the primary objective (especially with family around), so we keep shooting and sometimes get lucky to get a good shot. To create good photos, one needs passion and the dedication and the time.

Thank you for sharing these pictures with us.

-Biju
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 11:30   #84
BHPian

Thanks for the wonderfully surreal snaps Rudraji! The colors are perfect and have transformed the landscape into something more heavenly. Great to see Ladakh from a new dimension.
lordofgondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 11:55   #85
BHPian

Rudra Sir, I am SPEECHLESS.

The composition and colors are simple amazing.

Is there a way that you can upload to a picasa album so that we mortals can download all of them and set a random wallpaper. Just cant choose ONE as a wallpaper.

Lovely photos. Keep them coming.
leadf00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 12:02   #86
BHPian

Hi Rudra Sen

One of the most breath taking pictures I've ever seen. Surreal!!!

Thank you

Rajesh
captrajesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 12:13   #87
Senior - BHPian

Default Har Tasveer Kuch Kehta Hai

Rudra,

Every picture is a masterpiece in itself ! Like someone said, none of the Ladhak or Leh travelouges have captured this region in this perspective.

Thankyou for sharing such mesmerising pictures.

If I may ask, - the backdrop of the mountain in the picture tsomoririway.jpg, looks like its been painted, or highlighted, esp the texture of the mountain. Is this a natural formation or achieved by post processing ?

thanks
Srinivas
smsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 12:57   #88
BHPian

Hi Rudra,

Brilliant work there and the best one I liked is:

Rain cloud over Thiksey monastery. View from Stakna village.

Shot with 1Ds Mark II.

No words to express. Wonderful, Fantastic. This is actually feast for the eyes and every picture has so much meaning in it that I was forced to look at them multiple times and for some long periods.

They are so real.

Thank you sir for showing this face of Incredible India.

Loving every bit of it. The least I can do it is to rate 5 *.
Indian Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 14:18   #89
BHPian

Your photos are very interesting,especially these landscapes. Some of them reminded me the paintings of El Greco, 16th century Spanish painter( Actually he was Greek)
Unreal colour sceme of these photos have almost dream kind of quality.
gonewithwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 15:04   #90
BHPian

@Rudra : Wonderful, Pictures are amazing. To be honest, they make me feel jealous.
chethan.ram is offline   Reply With Quote