Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 14th September 2010, 19:22   #16
BHPian

@Hriday : I have no words for these pictures. Picture # 1 and 3 are amazing. Will be waiting for more such pictures.
chethan.ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 21:59   #17
BHPian

Default thank you everybody......

........for the wonderful feedback to this thread. And thanks fatboyslim and hridayjyoti for posting your contributions. Its indeed a fact that if you go in the jungle with a broad mind you can enjoy a lot more than simply hankering after only big cats. You tend to miss out on the lesser but more beautiful sights that hriday for one has posted. You also tend to be sad and depressed and start feeling that your trip is a waste if you don't see a tiger. Guys you wont believe me but I had to wait a full 2 years before I spotted my first big cat at Tadoba and then as someone said , I have grown very intimate and have known the ways and habits of these wonderful animals and with a little bit of preplanning am able to guess their movements !!

Aha.......

Its a superb feeling to bring a smile and see the twinkle light up in your eyes when you see these pics.

Well, highlighting point number 1 from my first post, here's sharing the encounter with the majestic 10 year old male tiger :

Leaving the monsoon behind - Wide Angle & Closeup composite of the Father of the 2 litters at Tadoba

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-untitled1.jpg

Encountered his Majesty - aka "wakda shepti" aka "tedi puch" aka "yeda anna" just 10 mins into the first drive last Saturday evening. I was driving my Gypsy and had 2 bodies ready for any action. Saw Circuit first taking bath at the Pandhrapani nala followed by his dad just meters away from him. It seems that he is one doting father. Since I was standing in front of all the Gypsies and was on the driver seat of my vehicle, I was closest to him and could manage some close to eye level shots of Him through both the cameras as he strolled through the lush green environs. I am trying here something I have never done before - posting a composite photograph of Him in Wide Angle (I have a special love for wide angle tiger in Habitat shots) and his closeup in this same photograph. After this , He came out on the road and regaled us for the next 5 to 10 mins. It was wonderful shooting him , his crooked tail, water droplets and all flying around him.

Hriday I believe managed the best shot of us all of him looking back at us and getting the water off him !! Lets see that one hriday.... i suggest lets post our best pics here from each session and let this story build up slowly. I wont be online from 16th to 20th as I will on road for my Nagpur-delhi-nagpur roadtrip in a Landrover defender and the onus will be on you two - hriday and Projjal to make this thread rock.

Keep up the good work guys and let the Tadoba Tiger images rock !! Critiques welcome as always.

Oh, and by the way here's another pic of our gear which was deleted from my first post due to inappropriate content.

Heavy Artillery
Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-img_0695.jpg

A new caption to this pic as suggested by someone :

chaddi pahenke phool khilahain phool khila hain
Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-img_0663.jpg

Let me know how did this turn out and lets see some rating to this thread

regards,
Dr. A Ghosh

Last edited by abheekg : 14th September 2010 at 22:05.
abheekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 22:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

The doc is at it again at his favorite location!!

Good start doc and gang. Specially the pics in the post by Hriday are too good.

One question though. For all the heavy artillery that you carry, do you have electricity in the jungle to charge the camera batteries etc?
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 01:29   #19
BHPian

Before heading ahead, I putting up a video introducing all of us. Camera used: Sony ericsson G700 mobile, Commentary: Dr. Abheek Ghosh

... What a grand entry that was, barely 5 mins since we entered, Circuit, one of the 8 months old cub seen taking bath at the Pandhrapani nala. That was quite far and we didn't managed very good shots.

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-circuit-water.jpg

Doc already mentioned encounter with Wakda Shepti, Here a couple of him.

His majestic decided to get out bushes...

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-yeda-anna-ambushing-out.jpg

This is the picture Abheek talking about. If you zoom in you can see he was splashing water with his crooked tail. When this was taken he seemed like quite agitated, showing his dislike of being followed.

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-tedhi-pooch.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
@Hriday : I have no words for these pictures. Picture # 1 and 3 are amazing. Will be waiting for more such pictures.
Thanks chethan, yeah, more pictures are following soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
The doc is at it again at his favorite location!!

Good start doc and gang. Specially the pics in the post by Hriday are too good.

One question though. For all the heavy artillery that you carry, do you have electricity in the jungle to charge the camera batteries etc?
thanks abhinav. The village we stayed has electricity and the room we took has nearly 10plug points!

Cheers!
Hriday
hridayjyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 01:40   #20
BHPian

I cant stop myself from commenting, the picture where the tiger is looking back is just amazing. Nice shot brother. Hope you have more of these.
chethan.ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 08:33   #21
BHPian

Woww....Dr Ghosh, when is the next trip. It would be amazing to see these majestic animals in the wild . Pics are out of this world. Simply love the tiger shots in this and your other Tadoba travelogue
rrahul_2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 09:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful pictures there Hriday and fatboy!

I liked the swimming tiger though its from far behind. And offcourse the water spashing one is out of the world. Out of curiosity and limited knowledge, which is that camouflaged lens on Canon?
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 11:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)

@fatboyslim : The picture of the tiger walking on the path is outstanding. Lovely composition, light and the shadows on the muddy road blends so well with the black stripes on the tigers body. It is as if the tiger is walking on a large tiger skin.

@hriday : Again beautiful picture of the tiger cub walking along the road.

Thanks Abheek for another wonderful travelogue. I truly hope that the tiger population of our country will keep increasing.

-Biju

Last edited by pjbiju : 15th September 2010 at 11:22.
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 11:23   #24
BHPian

Amazing Pics Abheek & Gang. Keep them coming, eagerly awaiting for more. It's your luck that you got to see 5 tigers in the first hour. Sometimes, people wait for hours together and do not get to see even a glimpse of the Tiger. You guys are truly lucky!!!
traveloholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 12:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post

I truly hope that the tiger population of our country will keep increasing.

-Biju
Slightly OT.

Last day's Deccan Herald reported the death of 5 big cats in Bennarghatta National Park. It included 2 aged Lions, 2 aged tigers and a young tigress. And also a sloth bear.

Three tigers, two lions, sloth bear dead in 24 hours!

Last edited by jacs : 15th September 2010 at 12:45.
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 14:45   #26
BHPian

Absolutely wonderful pictures there. The jungle looks so green and lush. These pictures are so tempting that i am planning to visit Tadoba in November.
Dr.Ghosh, i will need to get in touch with you. I will send a PM when the dates are confirmed. The trip would be incomplete without meeting you there!
naveenvenkatesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 15:18   #27
BHPian

Heavy Artillery is indeed heavy!!
MohsinRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 18:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

India key to tiger conservation, says new study - India - DNA

Quote:
John Robinson from the Wildlife Conservation Society and Overseas Fellow at Churchill College, Cambridge, said, "The tiger is facing its last stand as a species. As dire as the situation is for tigers, conservationists know what it will take to save the tiger in the wild, and we are confident that the world community will come together to bring these iconic big cats back from the brink of extinction."
Attached Thumbnails
Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-tedhi-pooch.jpg  

Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 19:30   #29
Senior - BHPian

Nice equipment. Great teaming up. It does look like that you people gel together very well. Of course people with same interests! Thats the BHPian way. Lets see more people coming together like this.

Tiger entry pic is great. In another pic, it seems like locking eyes with one of you.

5* for the pics, the great getting together and this wonderful effort!
TaureanBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 20:10   #30
Senior - BHPian

Dr. Ghosh, There you go again. Remember the theme music of 'Come September' ? Well since the month has almost gone by,,,be ready for Come October, that is when I will be coming to you. Whatever meet you name it, it sure will be a memorable one like the earlier one. Great pics but the best ones are yet to come on this thread is my intuition. Regards,
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote