Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2010, 22:04   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Welcome back Shishir! Nice log and snaps. Specially of the pillar which is hardly touching the ground and supporting the canopy. Congrats on the Xylo too
Thanks Abhi, Even I was also shocked when I saw the that pillar. Amazing it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samish_g View Post
Welcome back Shishir.
Congrats on the purchase of the Xylo (more as YOU like it)
How is your son?
Thanks Samish. Son is doing great. He was very happy to see this place. That too this was my first out of state travel after that near fatal accident
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 10:38   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 312
Thanked: 105 Times
Default

Dear Shishir,
I went there about three weeks back-but you have captured the essence of Lepakshi in its different hues-great job. I am glad the trauma of the accident is just a fading memory and i see that there are miles for you to go. Happy driving.
Regards,
Col Jude Mayne
Judemayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:06   #18
BHPian
 
brraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 794
Thanked: 345 Times
Default

Congrats on your Xylo, where is the treat? . If i am not wrong there are few snaps of skandagiri aswell right?
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:15   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judemayne View Post
Dear Shishir,
I went there about three weeks back-but you have captured the essence of Lepakshi in its different hues-great job. I am glad the trauma of the accident is just a fading memory and i see that there are miles for you to go. Happy driving.
Regards,
Col Jude Mayne
Thanks col.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Congrats on your Xylo, where is the treat? . If i am not wrong there are few snaps of skandagiri aswell right?
Thanks sir. Will give dude. I don't know if it is skandagiri or not, but took that when I was driving on that NH7
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 14:31   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,700
Thanked: 3,270 Times
Default

This is the second Lepakshi travelouge me reading in TBHP in past couple of months. Thanks a lot Shishir for giving route info. Planning of doing the route on bike with friends in couple of months.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 18:17   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
prince_pervez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Redwood shores, CA, USA
Posts: 4,205
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Hey welcome back bro! Nice pictures. The stork sculpture is brilliant.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 18:54   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,254
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Excellant travelogue shishir, Lepakshi is always charming destination from bangalore,

Very useful information would help many readers.

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 19:00   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
This is the second Lepakshi travelouge me reading in TBHP in past couple of months. Thanks a lot Shishir for giving route info. Planning of doing the route on bike with friends in couple of months.
Thanks a lot Suhas. If you are doing it on a bike then start early as the heat will also be less and it will be a clean sweep on NH7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Hey welcome back bro! Nice pictures. The stork sculpture is brilliant.
Thanks Bro. Stork is amazing, but someone has damaged the kid stork coming out of the egg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Excellant travelogue shishir, Lepakshi is always charming destination from bangalore, Very useful information would help many readers.
Ravi.
Thanks Ravi. It is a one day trip from Bangalore.
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 19:25   #24
BHPian
 
sami316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 468
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Hi Shishir,

I have never been to this place, thanks for sharing the information and sharing some really nice pics.
sami316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 20:43   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,534
Thanked: 983 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Planning of doing the route on bike with friends in couple of months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
If you are doing it on a bike then start early as the heat will also be less and it will be a clean sweep on NH7.
Me too thinking of doing it on a bike on one of the weekends. Leaving early morning is the best. Are there any decent places to eat enroute or near Lepakshi?
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 05:35   #26
BHPian
 
chethan.ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 159
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

The pictures are very nice and the roads are very inviting. I have been planning to visit this place for quite some time. Will do it soon.
chethan.ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 15:25   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Me too thinking of doing it on a bike on one of the weekends. Leaving early morning is the best. Are there any decent places to eat enroute or near Lepakshi?
Abhi, Enroute to Lepakshi, after chikkaballapur you have Kamat hotel. But the cost is more and too much rush at every time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
The pictures are very nice and the roads are very inviting. I have been planning to visit this place for quite some time. Will do it soon.
Chethan, Roads are excellent. You will love diring on that NH7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Hi Shishir,
I have never been to this place, thanks for sharing the information and sharing some really nice pics.
Sami, It is a nice place.
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 16:51   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,534
Thanked: 983 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Abhi, Enroute to Lepakshi, after chikkaballapur you have Kamat hotel. But the cost is more and too much rush at every time.
Thanks Shishir. That helps. One quick question, after Manyata, do you go on the flyover or below it and take a right. Am asking cos when going to Ghati Subramanya, i took the road below the flyover and took a right following the route which goes towards devanahalli. Is it the same route or a different one?
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:02   #29
BHPian
 
KRRaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 509
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Thanks Shishir. That helps. One quick question, after Manyata, do you go on the flyover or below it and take a right. Am asking cos when going to Ghati Subramanya, i took the road below the flyover and took a right following the route which goes towards devanahalli. Is it the same route or a different one?
It is the same route. Below the flyover and take a right and then keep on till you reach Toll Gate.
KRRaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 19:23   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,534
Thanked: 983 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
It is the same route. Below the flyover and take a right and then keep on till you reach Toll Gate.
Thanks KRRaj. Thought so but was a bit confused and hence the clarification.
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai i20 1.2L Asta - It's not cool; it's uber cool! manz Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 49 28th January 2011 18:12
Lepakshi, the most famous one day drive in here!!!! mjothi Travelogues 25 9th November 2010 22:46
Bangalore - Lepakshi - Devanahalli Fort - Bangalore : 1 Day Drive indfo Travelogues 36 2nd October 2010 08:44
Weekend Travelogue: Bangalore - Lepakshi - Bangalore akroy Travelogues 27 2nd July 2010 19:24
Travelouge-Bangalore->Lepakshi->Penukonda->bangalore amohit Travelogues 9 19th November 2007 10:42


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks