Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 9th October 2010, 10:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

@star,
beautiful pics.

Tapola is the place where winter and summer camps for children are arranged by some local agency.
I think it is worth to send children for a week in the vicinity of mother nature and i will do that this year.
How about a boat ride from Tapola to Koyana dam, @ 35-40 km ride?

Looking forward for further pics.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 9th October 2010 at 10:54.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2010, 11:59   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod View Post
Star - The photos on post 39 and 40 are brilliant. And ofcourse, mother nature, at her best, at the end of Monsoons!
Appreciate the idea of driving to the Kaas meadow. Waiting for more.
Thanks Pramod, for your appreciation. i hope you can make it next year for the wonderful celebration by mother nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@star,
beautiful pics.

Tapola is the place where winter and summer camps for children are arranged by some local agency.
I think it is worth to send children for a week in the vicinity of mother nature and i will do that this year.
How about a boat ride from Tapola to Koyana dam, @ 35-40 km ride?

Looking forward for further pics.
When is the winter camp happening this year ? i like the idea of winter camp at Kaas/Tapola.

We could not do the Tapola to Koyna dam ride on boat as it was costing some RS 4000+. and ofcourse the time needed for such a ride. May be next time..

Now let me come back to our wonderful morning visit to Kaas Plateau and Flower Valley. We were indeed fortunate and feel blessed to have seen the wonderful spectacle by nature.

I will let the pictures speak. Again i am not very sure how well these pictures reproduce the beauty of Kaas flower valley, but consider this as an honest attempt.

We started from the Hotel Maharaja by 5:30 AM.

Morning Moonlight Drive to Kaas
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-01-moon-light-drive.jpg

Morning hues of Satara
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-02-morning-hues-sarara.jpg

When we reached Kaas Plateau, moon was still waiting for the sun to rise
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-03-moon-waiting-sun-rise.jpg

Here the sun rises.. and brightens the whole world and the valley ofcourse
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-04-here-rises-sun.jpg

Flower valley eagerly welcomes the sun
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-05-flower-valley-welcomes-sun.jpg

Flower waiting to bloom
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-12-flower-waiting-bloom.jpg

The Morning Dew..
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-06-morning-dew.jpg

Flowers are in the lime light
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-07-flowers-limelight.jpg

Femto Lakes in the middle of the Flower Plateau
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-08-femto-lakes-middle-flower-plateau.jpg

3 idiots at KAASmir
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-09-3-idiots-kaasmir.jpg

The whole valley has only SUN and us as visitors
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-10-whole-valley-has-only-sun-us-visitors.jpg

ANHC bathing in the morning light
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-11-anhc-bathing-morning-light.jpg

The Pink Twins
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-13-pink-twins.jpg

The Pink Family
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-14-pink-family.jpg

The plants know that people love flowers, hence plants dressed like flowers
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-15-flower-like-plants.jpg

Trying to be like a flower..have a look at the world
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-16-trying-flower.jpg

Changing the colour of the dress by the mother nature
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-17-changing-colours-mothing-nature.jpg

Have a close look
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-18-have-close-look.jpg

Have another look
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-19-have-another-look.jpg

Moon and the (somewhere) lost morning star
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-20-moon-lost-morning-star.jpg

A fantastic bed of flowers
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-21-fantastic-bed-flowers.jpg

and a worthwile morning walk
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-22-worthwile-moring-walk.jpg

micro lake amid the flower bed
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-23-micro-lake-amid-flower-bed.jpg

Anaother successful landscaping attempt by mother nature
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-24-another-successful-landscaping-attempt-mother-nature.jpg

Flowers are indeed beautiful
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-25-flowers-indeed-beautiful.jpg

My experiment with focus I
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-26-my-experiement-focus-i.jpg

My experiement with focus II
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-27-my-experiement-focus-ii.jpg

Angels with a cloud fan
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-28-angels-cloud-fan.jpg

Returning to the car while sun is still rising
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-29-returning-car-while-sun-still-rising.jpg

Lalu is somewhere lost the valley of flowers
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-30-lalu-some-where-lost-world-flowers.jpg

We eventually left the KAAS valley by 7:45 AM as we wanted to join the breakfast meeting with fellow BHPians at 9:30 AM.

but the mother nature had different plans for us..

Last edited by StarVegabond : 9th October 2010 at 12:05.
StarVegabond is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2010, 18:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

No words to mention the feel. Its awesome. Hard to believe these shots are from India, it has a Europe feel

Flower snaps are beautiful, especially the backlit Balsoms!

Seems like Lalu have some serious click too...waiting for more and more photos. Need to show this to Wifey, may be a next year's plan .
jacs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2010, 23:16   #49
Senior - BHPian

Hi Jacs,
Thanks for your appreciation. I wish that you plan for next year would be successful.

Our orignal plan was to reach hotel by 8 AM, get ready by 9 AM and reach the breakfast meet point. But Mother Nature had a different plans for us.
We started as planned from Kaas Flower Valley by 7:45 AM.

But there were several landscapes on the way which delayed our return to hotel. I am attaching below some of those landscape pictures.

This looks like a fort, but it is simply a rock formation
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-01-dsc_0692.jpg

Some one is preparing the land for farming
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-02-dsc_0698.jpg

A small village..one of the 600000+ villages in India
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-03-dsc_0699.jpg

Farm land..primary occupation of the villagers
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-04-dsc_0700.jpg

an unsuccessful attempt at panaroma..
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-05-kaas-valley-panaroma-ii.jpg

Green Lawn and Trees..a wonderful formation
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-06dsc_0703.jpg
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-07-dsc_0705.jpg

ANHC..a pose worth a buy
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-08-dsc_0711.jpg
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-09-dsc_0708.jpg

Majestic Sahyadri range..a natural fort.
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-10-dsc_0723.jpg

Natural Farm
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-11-dsc_0727.jpg

Koyna can be seen from any vantage point on the plateau
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-13-dsc_0722.jpg

a view of Kaas Valley (HDR image)
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-14-kaas-vally-hdr-iii.jpg

Another view at Koyna and animal foot like hill
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-15-dsc_0735.jpg

Animal Foot ?
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-12-dsc_0731.jpg

Elephant Foot ?
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-16-elephant-foot-hillhdr.jpg

another successful attempt towards shooting KAAS Panaroma
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-17-kaas-vally-panaroma.jpg

a village road..full of surprises ?
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-18-dsc_0739.jpg

Dual V shaped valley+hill combination
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-19-dsc_0743.jpg

another tiny hamlet
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-20-dsc_0749.jpg

a closer look at V..resembles the logo of the famous Indian consumer electronics company closer to Ashish bhau's home town
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-21-dsc_0752.jpg

Attempt at shooting HDR
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-22-kaas-valley-hdr-i.jpg

one more HDR
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-23-kaas-vally-hdr-ii.jpg

one more unsuccessful panaroma
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-24-kaas-panaroma-iii.jpg

a natural table top
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-25-dsc_0784.jpg

Villages of Maharastra..a wonderful fusion of age old tradition, modern technology and forward looking attitude.
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-26-dsc_0785.jpg

Soon we got into the car and drove back towards Hotel.
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-27-dsc_0788.jpg

We eventually reached Hotel Maharaja, by ~ 9 AM.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 9th October 2010 at 23:34.
Old 9th October 2010, 23:28   #50
Senior - BHPian

Miles and miles to go before I sleep

Its a toast for eyes, My wish-list is now 20+ entry long, not sure my life will be enough to cover all these places. Beautiful landscapes
Old 10th October 2010, 00:55   #51
Senior - BHPian

We were almost 1+ hour behind schedule. We wished not to miss the breakfast meeting. But by the time we (myself and laluks were ready for the breakfast it was already 9:45 AM. we still had the packing and check out to be done.

Few calls and SMS with anainar, MX6, Ashish bhau resulted in a decision to wait for the convoy to come near Maharaja residency and then we join the convoy on way to Sajjangad.

So we quicky had our breakfast (restaurant closes at 10 AM after breakfast), checked out, put all of luggage inside the ANHC and were ready by 10:30 AM.

Couple of more phonecalls told us that the second batch of BHPis from mumbai were delayed, they have just arrived, having their breakfast.

So we had another 30 minutes to kill, hence we took some pictures from Maharaja hotel lobby, churned out all the news papers (verdict has been postponed by one week). I am attaching here few pictures.

Welcome by the angels
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-01-welcome-angels.jpg

Welcome by Elephant
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-02-elephant-welcome.jpg

Blessings by Elephant GOD, i.e. Lord Ganesha
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-03-blessings-elephant-god.jpg

Bonsai flower valley..a trailer for the real one
Name:  04 Bonsai Flower valley.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  134.2 KB

Yellow Fellow
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-05-yellow-fellow.jpg

Pink Lady
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-06-pink-lady.jpg

Pinky Twins
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-07-pinky-twins.jpg

Cousin of Pinky
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-08-cousin-pinky.jpg

11:05 AM, received the call from Ashish that they are approaching Maharaja Hotel. So we board the car and drove out, waited for them to appear. soon by 11:15, the convoy crossed us,Ashish calls to check whether we have joined the convoy.

We were not sure where the convoy was headed to. When it took the road through the tunnel and the direction board stated Sajjangad/Thoseghar, then we were very happy that we would save plenty of time and we will meet the rest of the BHPians as well.

the next 20+ minutes convoy drive took us to Sajjangad..

Here is a trailer to the Sajjangad..one more panaroma, but i am unable to blend all the layers into one. I also tried the context aware fill, did a crapy job, i think. I have a long way to go...
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-09-sajjangad-panaroma-ii.jpg

more after i wake up from my sleep..

Last edited by StarVegabond : 10th October 2010 at 01:05.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 14:53   #52
Senior - BHPian

Default Visit to Sajjangad

I think, by the time we reached Sajjangad it was almost 11:45 AM
Parking is an issue at Sajjanghad, especially on weekends when many people (T-BHPians and otherwise) visit there in their cars. The available space is shared among the busses, cars, shops, people, hence it is a very buzzing place.

As i could not find the parking space, i took a u-turn and parked it at near the first hairpin bend. We met biju there as we had parked our car just ahead of his.

We met several BHPians, viz Ashish (with family), MX6, f1fan (with family), ghostel (with wife), nomadabhi (with wife and father) etc.

The great debate about "why the driving sequece got chaged ?" was still ongoing. I lost Lalu in the crowd and we started the climb up the fort. I will let the pictures speak from here.

Me parking the ANHC near the first hairpin bend
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-01-parking-sajjangad.jpg

View of the rock from the parking place
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-02-sajjangad-view-parking.jpg

Sajjangad was the birth place of Maratha Kingdom Strategy
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-03-sajjangad-center-maratha-kingdom-strategy.jpg

an Animal friendly climb to the top, we also found donkeys (trust me, the 4 legged and real ones) climbing down
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-04-animal-friendly-climb-top.jpg

Chatrapati Shivaji entrance gate along with Samartha Ramdaas Grand Door. This door remains closed from 9 PM to 5AM
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-05-chatrapati-shivaji-entrance-gate.jpg

Climbing could be a challenging task for physically unfit, there is a facility to carry the old, physically unfit people up/down the fort ofcourse for a charge.
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-06-climbing-could-challenge-physically-unfit.jpg

a minor temple enroute the climb
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-07-minor-temple-entroute-climb.jpg

a spiritual, historical and current staus view about Sajjanghad
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-08-sajjangad-spiritual-historical-current-view.jpg

a view through the Shivaji Gate
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-10-view-through-shivaji-gate.jpg

a historical view about Sajjangad
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-09-sajjanghad-historical-overview.jpg

Sanjjangad is in the HQ of Shri Ramdaas Swami Foundation
Name:  11 Samartha Ramdaas Swami Foundation.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  263.4 KB

There is a lake on the top as well as lodge for the visitors
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-12-lake-lodge-visitors.jpg

Shree Ramdaas Swami Math (or temple).
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-13-ramdaas-sawmi-temple.jpg

Temple office sporting a painting of Shri Samartha Ramdaas Swami
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-14-temple-office.jpg

Temple Entrance
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-15-temple-entrance.jpg

Temple remains closed from 12 noon till 1 PM. When visit reached the temple it was closed, we spent some time there talking with Ashish bhau's family, buying some books about life and time of Ramdaas Swami and taking pictures. We also had some small chit-chat with f1fam family, gostel and wife and nomadabhi's father.

Soon we found Lalu busy shooting (actually this picture is taken by my daughter at the parking)
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-16-lalu-busy-shooting-landscape.jpg

View from Sajjangad I
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-17-view-sajjangad-hdr-i.jpg
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-18-view-sajjangad-hdr-iii.jpg
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-19-view-sajjangad-hdr-v.jpg
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-20-view-sajjangad-hdr-vi.jpg

A panaromic view
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-21-view-sajjangad-panaroma-i.jpg

View of the area behind the temple
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-22-view-sajjangad-hdr-vii.jpg

There is a viewing point and a minor temple at the flag end of the fort
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-23-viewing-point.jpg

View of the temple from the flag end
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-24-view-sajjangad-hdr-viii.jpg

Often flags unify people and they also represent the ambitions, Samartha Ramdaas Swami and Shivaji successfully used the flag as a unifying force.
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-25-often-flags-unify-people-represent-ambitions.jpg

Another flavour of Majestic Sahyadri range, later on we learnt that the road goes to Thoseghar.
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-26-another-flavour-majestic-sahyadri-range.jpg

Some bird's eye shots from the top
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-27-birds-eye-view-sajjangad.jpg
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-29-another-dekho-approach-road.jpg
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-28-birds-eye-view-approach-road.jpg

soon we got the call from Ashish that there were moving towards Thosegar, We startd our climb down, but, some time later receievd one more call Ashish that we need to follow them towards Thoseghar-Chalkewadi route and some info about the route.

Soon we reached the parking and started our drive to Thoseghar falls
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-30-departure-sajjangad.jpg

Last edited by StarVegabond : 10th October 2010 at 14:58.
Old 10th October 2010, 15:13   #53
Team-BHP Support

Star, even if I give the flower show a miss, feels like even then its an amazing place to visit, with all the beautiful valleys and water bodies!

That itself is a good enough reason for me to go!
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 15:49   #54
Team-BHP Support

Laluks,

Can you post the GPS track log? of the drive?
I am more interested to look at the landscapes.

Satguide maps show all the places but not no roads!

Mods : Sorry for back to back posts.

Last edited by ampere : 10th October 2010 at 15:54.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 17:29   #55
Senior - BHPian

Default Visit to Thoseghar Water Fall

Sajjangad to Thoseghar is approx 15 minutes drive, road is in excellent condition. We reached Thoseghar falls by approx 2 PM.

We met MX6 (+ family) and Khoj initially, they were returning from the downstream viewing point of the falls. It was our pleasure to meet the cute angel junior Ms MX6 and it was wonderful to know her name. I think, MX6 and his family are indeed fond of Sringeri and may the godess shower the baby with her best blessings.

Lalu and Khoj and MX6 continued their chat, it appears Khoj had left a note under the wiper of my ANHC (while we were at Sajjangad), they went back to see the note, while me and my family went to the downstream viewing point. After a while Lalu joined us.

Eventhough we were wanrned before, we were notmuch surprised withe the amount of water in the downstream falls. But the crowd and their hooting indeed disappointed me, i do not when when we as a society and citizens learn to keep upto a decent behaviour while at public places.

These are the steps that reach the viewing point of the downstream of the falls.
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-01-steps-reach-downstream-fall.jpg

A breathtaking view of the Thoseghar Valley. I would love to take a picture of this valley from a helicopter when the water fall is at it's best.
I was told that the water will flow from all the edges of the valley during peak rainy season (i am not sure) would love to revisit so that i can experience it
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-02-thoseghar-valley.jpg

Thoseghar falls (downstream fall)
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-03-thoseghar-downstream-falls.jpg

a closer look at one of the water streams
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-04-one-water-streams.jpg

Thoseghar Valley..the actuall fall point
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-05-thoseghal-valley-ii.jpg

Then we decided to go towards the upstream of the fall. some one told us that it is even more beautiful.
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-06-walking-towards-upstream.jpg

One has to cross this bridge
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-07-bridge-way-upstream-fall.jpg

First view of Thoseghar Upstream falls
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-08-thoseghar-upstream-falls.jpg

Another view of the upstream falls
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-09-anoter-view-upstream.jpg

The actuall fall point of the upstream falls...milky fall
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-10-thoseghar-upstream-falls-point-fall.jpg

Route to reach the bottom of the upstream falls.
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-11-route-reach-viewing-point-upstream-waterfall.jpg

Breathtaking view of the waterfall
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-12-breathtaking-waterfall.jpg

Feel as if we are in the land of EDEN
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-13-another-view-waterfall.jpg

a courageous person swims against the current
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-14-courageous-person-swimming-against-currents.jpg

successfull in reaching the water fall
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-15-successful-reaching-bottom-waterfall.jpg

Some statutory advice : One should be MAD about the adventure, but should not engage in MAD adventure
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-16-some-statutory-advice.jpg

Soon we returned to parking area. The time was 3:45 PM, we were hungry. There was only one dhabha. We ordered veg thali + zunaka bhakar as suppliment. It was nice that both days, even though our lunch was delayed, we got authentic maharastrian local food.

by 4:15 PM, we boarded our car again.

Chalkewadi wind mill farm..our next destination
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-17-chalkewadi-windmills-horizon.jpg
Old 10th October 2010, 18:06   #56
Senior - BHPian

Chalkewadi windmill farm is some 10 minutes drive from Thoseghar falls.
The last 1-2 KMs, road simply does not exists, but we can still drive as the surface is plain.

We had met Turboholic, Sproucegoose and 2 other friends (one of them is a BHPian named amit..i think, i am not sure). They told me that they had been to Chalkewadi first and then to Thoseghar.

It was nice to meet Turboholic, which provided me an opportunity to thank him for his help in providing the info about hotels in satara as well as updates 1-2 weeks before. Turboholic was wearing a very apt looking T-Shirt, i have not seen many people being able carry that shirt on them.
Turboholic..you indeed looked like a superman.

Now coming back to Chalkewadi, here is our version of the visit report.

Chalkewadi windmill farm..a distinct view
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-01-chalkewadi-windmill-farm-distint-view.jpg

Some tutorial about wind mills
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-02-some-tutorial-about-windmill-farming.jpg

Someone in the picture here is giving an actual demo of how the wind mills work
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-03-some-one-giving-actual-demo-how-wind-energy-gets-converted-electricity.jpg

Farm is where some thing is grown using the natural elements viz. Earth, Sunlight, Water, Wind
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-04-farm-where-some-thing-grown-natural-resources.jpg

Wind energy moves the fan which converts the movement into electricity
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-05-wind-energy-moves-fan-turn-convers-movement-into-electricity.jpg

Feeding transformers feed this electricity into the grid which brings that electricity into our homes
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-06-feeding-transformers-feeder-lines.jpg

The three point star (fan) is the converter of wind energy into electricity
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-07-three-point-star-actual-converter-wind-energy-into-electricity.jpg

Mother & daughter with thier largest fan
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-08-motherdaughter-combo-fan.jpg

ANHC with its largest fan.
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-09-anhc-its-largest-fan.jpg

We too have been to Chalkewadi
Flower Power : Celebrating nature, the mini KAASmiri way-10-we-have-been-chalkewadi-too.jpg

by 4:45 PM we started back towards Satara.

Coming up the last phase of our trip..

Last edited by StarVegabond : 10th October 2010 at 18:08.
Old 10th October 2010, 20:30   #57
Senior - BHPian

Star, let me be honest here! Next time I am goanna steal your trip itenary. Its a lot for a long weekend trip.

Windmill farm looks attractive, do you have the snaps of that wooden house. You could have composed a Wild Wild West style sephia snap with that!

Really sad to hear that you are working on the concluding posts! BTW lalu sir is yet to publish his Nikon treasure.
Old 10th October 2010, 22:15   #58
Senior - BHPian

Having spent the day very well, we started our drive towards Satara town. We still had couple of jobs pending.

On way, we stopped the vehicle to take picture of the hurda farm and the tunnel. Later on stopped at Shivaji chowk so that wife can visit Rajpurohit Sweet Shop and pick up some Kandi pedhe and Chitale amrakhanda.

I tried to call up Ashish, Turboholic and MX6, but could not get through as (i think) they were still at KAAS. So sent them a good bye SMS and started from Shivaji Chowk at 17:15 hrs (5.15 PM)

On way remembered that we could not eat Vadapav, So decided to stop at Kolhapur so that the "dil ki farmaish" can be fulfilled. But we could not stop as we did not find any decent looking vada pav shop. we searched near the MacDonalds near Kolhapur as well as while we refueled the vehicle at Kolhapur. but no luck, hence Vadapav experience is due for all of us (wife made it on 26th evening, but it is still due for Lalu, hope to serve him home made vada-pav some time in near future).

Stopped at Hotel Sankam for dinner from 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM. Dinner was light as we had a long drive home.

I am attaching here the Toll Booth Timings (& Toll) till Bangalore

Taswade 17:45 RS 52/-
Kini 18:27 RS 52/-
Kognoli 19:19 RS 25/-
Hattargi 19:43 RS 30/-
Bagewadi 21:43 RS 30/-
Dharwad BP RS 34/-
Hubli BP -
Bankapur 23:04 RS 40/-
Guilalu 01:36 RS 35/-
KJ Halli 02:36 RS 40/-
Tumkur 03:22 RS 26/-

From Belgaum onwards, we had heavy rains all till we reach Bangalore. We reached home by 4:15 AM on 26th morning.

Total Trip meter reading of 1715 KMs.

Lalu started from my home by 4:25 and probably reached home before 5 AM (hopefully)

At the hindsight, we had a great drive of 1715 KMs over 63 hours, visited most of the attractions we wanted to see, had some good local food, met few BHPians, saw some great sights / landscapes / panaromas, took some pictures, had some great conversations, many hearty laughs some good time with family, learnt couple of photography tips from Laluks, most importantly had a safe trip.

I enjoyed writing this log, which will help me and my family to remember one of the best trips we had in recent years.

By this night, i hope Laluks would have returned from his "relaxing" four days trip to a destination which is at some 50 KM distance from Maharastra border. I also hope that, he will continue this log by posting his pictures and experiences.

Thanks for your support, encouragement, reading, comments and appreciation. Feel free to comment or share your thoughts about the trip, this log as well as KAAS as a destination.

i would sign off leaving one thought with you.

KAAS is a beautiful place. In fact it is a gift of nature to all of us. Please help in maintaining the ecology at KAAS. Keep a thought for this when you visit Kaas. Ensure that you do not adversely impact the nature, people, society at Satara, Kaas, Bamnoli, Thoseghar and surroundings. Ensure that you do not stamp on any plant or flower in the Kaas plateau or Flower Valley.

Believe me, flowers are as beautiful as our own children, they make our life worth living.

If you decide to drive to KAAS any day in future, have a safe trip.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 10th October 2010 at 22:25.
Old 11th October 2010, 18:54   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Soon we found Lalu busy shooting (actually this picture is taken by my daughter at the parking)
I love that picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
I enjoyed writing this log, which will help me and my family to remember one of the best trips we had in recent years.

By this night, i hope Laluks would have returned from his "relaxing" four days trip to a destination which is at some 50 KM distance from Maharastra border. I also hope that, he will continue this log by posting his pictures and experiences.
Thanks Star for penning it down. Infact it was a memorable trip for me too.

Yes, I have reached back today morning. Was four refreshing days.

Junior PPG amongst the flowers.
Name:  _DSC2058RAW12.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  241.3 KB

By the way did I go back to Kaas?
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 16:22   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
I love that picture.

Yes, I have reached back today morning. Was four refreshing days.

Junior PPG amongst the flowers.

By the way did I go back to Kaas?
Yes, i also liked that picture of you shooting from Sajjangad. Infact some the images shot by her at Kaas valley have been better composed than those of mine.

That is a wonderful picture of Jr PPG among the flowers. How was your trip ?

Feel free to answer your question "By the way did I go back to Kaas?"

look forward to your answer.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 12th October 2010 at 16:31.