Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 19th October 2010, 22:38   #76
BHPian

Default Royal travelogue!

Hi Ranjit, This is a royal travelogue, the Rajasthani way. Enjoyed every detail in the log.
k149in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 15:15   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Novice View Post
ranjitp1 - That's A1 a write up. I started reading it sometime in the morning and finished now ( am at work and despite how hard I tried, something or the other came up to take me away from this travelogue. Buggers never realised I was busy reading something )

I have done a lot of trips on M800 and trust me I just loved it, the car is so reliable that I never considered "car" as a discussion point before deciding which place to go. My new drive, a Fiesta, has a lot of catching up to do with my all time favorite darling.

Like many, I am also interested in knowing how much you spent on all those drooling hotels. May tempt many like me to upgrade their stay if it is not as bomb as we thought it is and you suggesting it may not have actually. Of course, timing has a crucial role to play in hotel tariffs. Rajasthan is a costly affair after October
Thanx for taking time out to read!Just caught up in updating the trip logs,and costs etc.Shall post it up here once completed.In the meantime,just as a pointer towards hotel rates,the Taj Hari Mahal in Jodhpur cost us 3500rs per night with bf & dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k149in View Post
Hi Ranjit, This is a royal travelogue, the Rajasthani way. Enjoyed every detail in the log.
Thanx a ton for reading!
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 18:58   #78
Senior - BHPian

ranjit nice writeup and photos. What camera are you using? Glad to see the 800 perform well. And since you are unwilling to upsize the engine perhaps a 5-Speed will be more fun on the highway. Any trips planned to Goa in the near future?
deutscheafrikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 19:14   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
ranjit nice writeup and photos. What camera are you using? Glad to see the 800 perform well. And since you are unwilling to upsize the engine perhaps a 5-Speed will be more fun on the highway. Any trips planned to Goa in the near future?
Thanx Nigel for reading.

We use a Canon DSLR EOS1000D.Oh yes the engine has been performing admirably up until now.Its done close to 60k kms in 2.5yrs.Its still a baby!!

Lets see plans are afoot for another car now,the research has begun lol,just for the space factor,with 3 people and luggage the 800 can get a little cramped for space.

Goa nothing as of now,we are total Goa in the monsoons kind of people,so we should be there next monsoons.Are you driving home any time soon?
Old 21st October 2010, 19:24   #80
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ranjit welcome. Thats one of the good cameras you're using. I like the photos of these camera's somehow I've never learned to take good photos. I just aim and click. Alto has a 800 cc engine with a 5 speed GB. Your 800 is not that old I see. Maybe an A-Star or someting like that. Anyways all the best in the research.
I'm wondering which way to go, since go I must. Someone has to send some furniture to Goa soon, and I have to cart two mattress' so maybe I will just hop into the truck. That way I avoid a drive.
See you there in the next rains perhaps

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 21st October 2010 at 19:31.
deutscheafrikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2010, 00:06   #81
BHPian

Ranjit, came to TBHP after a little while and saw your t'log. It is absolutely gorgeous - you may wish to share some more photographs too.

Like others I am also eager to know on the rates - and if your hint is an indication, it should not be a bomb (I guess thanks to the off-season rates).

Yes, someday I would love to do it again.
arindamray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2010, 16:02   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
Ranjit, came to TBHP after a little while and saw your t'log. It is absolutely gorgeous - you may wish to share some more photographs too.

Like others I am also eager to know on the rates - and if your hint is an indication, it should not be a bomb (I guess thanks to the off-season rates).

Yes, someday I would love to do it again.
Thanx Arindam for reading.Well as expected the Udaipur hotel was the most expensive of the lot,it was something we always wanted to do and so we splurged!

I have attached my planning excel file,hope it comes in handy for others as well,shall be more than glad to assist if anybody has any queries.

SHall post the distance log shortly,which has all the details of stoppages and distances between towns and route details.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Rajasthan_Tbhp.xls (98.5 KB, 592 views)
Old 23rd October 2010, 02:04   #83
BHPian

Thanks for the excel. But what abt little more glimpses?
arindamray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 17:25   #84
BHPian

Hey Ranjit,

I have been following this TL all these days. Really good write up and amazing pics. Your daughter is very cute Masha Allah. Good to see such a lengthy roadtrip done in the Good old Maruti 800. Thanks again for sharing your experience.
sami316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 18:19   #85
BHPian

Wow, lovely travelogue Ranjit and breathtaking photos to go along with it ! Thanks for sharing ! And do throw in a few more pics, I'm sure you still have plenty which you haven't uploaded !
kannan666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 15:57   #86
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the excel Ranjit. So it came to like 70 grand for 13 nights stay in grandeur?

Do you also have an excel sheet of the route taken and distances etc from Hyderabad to Rajasthan and back ( if you came back via a different route)?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 17:58   #87
BHPian

[quote=ranjitp1;2114769
I have attached my planning excel file,hope it comes in handy for others as well,shall be more than glad to assist if anybody has any queries.

[/quote]

Thanks for the excel Ranjit. Good choices and good deals you got everywhere.

I go to Shirdi every year and have stayed at Shradhha twice. Once paid INR 4500 for 2 nights and INR5500 for 1 night the other time .

It was 26th Januray weekend in 2009, a long one and town was flooded like anything. I landed up in shirdi without any reservation and this was the only hotel which had a room vaccant, so they rent it out to us at this exhorbitant cost.
New.Novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 15:50   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Hey Ranjit,

I have been following this TL all these days. Really good write up and amazing pics. Your daughter is very cute Masha Allah. Good to see such a lengthy roadtrip done in the Good old Maruti 800. Thanks again for sharing your experience.
Thanx a ton Sami for reading and writing back!Oh yes the daughter is quite a handful!!At Jodhpur,she got so used to the car that at night she told us lets go sleep in the car!!So much for all the bookings and hotel stays!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Wow, lovely travelogue Ranjit and breathtaking photos to go along with it ! Thanks for sharing ! And do throw in a few more pics, I'm sure you still have plenty which you haven't uploaded !
Thanx Kannan,yes have lot more,shall upload some more over the next few days

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks for the excel Ranjit. So it came to like 70 grand for 13 nights stay in grandeur?

Do you also have an excel sheet of the route taken and distances etc from Hyderabad to Rajasthan and back ( if you came back via a different route)?
Any time Avi.Yes that about the amount,go in the season time and that would be the amount for just the Leela for 3 nights!!I do have the distances and route logs,its just being updated,shall send it you as well as upload it here in the next couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Novice View Post
Thanks for the excel Ranjit. Good choices and good deals you got everywhere.

I go to Shirdi every year and have stayed at Shradhha twice. Once paid INR 4500 for 2 nights and INR5500 for 1 night the other time .

It was 26th Januray weekend in 2009, a long one and town was flooded like anything. I landed up in shirdi without any reservation and this was the only hotel which had a room vaccant, so they rent it out to us at this exhorbitant cost.
That indeed is exorbitant.Yes Shraddha is the best in town today.Sun-n-Sand has started going down hill and the approach road is terrible.Well I have a contact at Sarovar hotels and we do our booking thru him,next time you are there let me know and would be glad to assist if it helps in any way.
Old 12th November 2010, 17:59   #89
BHPian

Nice one Ranjit. That must have been some planning mate! It's obvious in the way your trip went through.
coloneljasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2010, 14:22   #90
Senior - BHPian

Heres the trip log of the entire trip

HYD-BOM

Trip Log HYD_BOM_260810.xls

BOM-AMD

Trip Log bom_amd_060910.xls

AMD-JAISALMER

Trip Log amd_jmer_070910.xls

JAISALMER-JODHPUR

Trip Log jmer_jdp_090910.xls