Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 7th October 2010, 14:50   #1

Default Bangalore to MP- a trip that will be

As they say, for a traveller, journey is bigger than the destination. That has set me thinking, having a thread on the travel which is yet to happen is a journey unto itself, and hence this series of post which are about my upcoming trip to Madhya Pradesh from Bangalore.

I have a Tata Safari Dicor which has run 11000kms in 6 months, thus successfuly proven the distractors wrong. The background to these distractors is that i was in the decision phase, they told me about issues on handling, reliability and so on and so forth.

The plan than is as follows:

1. Vehicle: Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX
2. Destination: Khajuraho
3. Time: departing from Bangalore end of Oct and returning around 10th Nov
4. Drivers: Bolivar and Missus

I am excited and pepped up, looking forward to the trip. I hope to infuse the same excitement in all of you.
We will have our moments of doubts, of trepidiation, of josh; our plans will tweak and retweak, change and morph; the bags wont be packed till the car is out of parking; there will be some important task remaining unfinished; some butterflies in the stomach, all culminating to the point when the engine is revved and the word 'freedom' takes a shape.

As Northcote Parkinson said,
“Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.”
bolivar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 17:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Enjoy your trip Bolivar. Which route have you planned? Most roads in M.P. are good these days and you have an SUV, so don't worry and just coast through.
After all, driving an SUV on the kind of roads it is meant to be driven has its pleasures too.

Try not to stick to GQ type roads to savour the real essence of M.P. "Hindustan ka Dil Dekho".
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 18:18   #3
BHPian

Well, I for one certainly share in your enthusiasm, since I, too, have driven to Khajuraho along my drive from Pune to Lucknow and back.

And the place is just beautiful !! It will take your breath away.

And, as I am sure you already know, it is not all about only the intimacy of "kama" as it has been notoriously publicized to be. There are stories in those stones, ranging from romances and tragedies to heroics and comedies.

On a lighter note, once you have seen the myriad emotions on the faces of the stone-carved statues, you will never ever be able to see Tusshar Kapoor / Suniel Shetty act. ;-)

I don't know if you are going on a dedicated Khajuraho trip or are also going to further explore the cardiac region of India - perhaps you won't mind sharing the tentative details.

Cheers,
R_S

Last edited by roadie_swift : 7th October 2010 at 18:20.
roadie_swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 20:01   #4
BANNED

You are good at writing

This marks a start to a good travelogue.

Congratulations on the long road ahead.

I wish you a happy and a pleasurable road trip

Dont forget, we will be watching this space for updates.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2010, 23:09   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Enjoy your trip Bolivar. Which route have you planned? Most roads in M.P. are good these days and you have an SUV, so don't worry and just coast through.
Dev: I am planning to tak Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Bhopal road as of now. hoping to get the best out of the roads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie_swift View Post
Well, I for one certainly share in your enthusiasm, since I, too, have driven to Khajuraho along my drive from Pune to Lucknow and back.
And the place is just beautiful !! It will take your breath away.
And, as I am sure you already know, it is not all about only the intimacy of "kama" as it has been notoriously publicized to be. There are stories in those stones, ranging from romances and tragedies to heroics and comedies.
On a lighter note, once you have seen the myriad emotions on the faces of the stone-carved statues, you will never ever be able to see Tusshar Kapoor / Suniel Shetty act. ;-)
I don't know if you are going on a dedicated Khajuraho trip or are also going to further explore the cardiac region of India - perhaps you won't mind sharing the tentative details.
Cheers, R_S
Swift roadie, i agree with you. there is so much more to the place than just the carvings.

I was born in MP and spent first two decades there, so i have that connection with the place which is pristine and irreplaceable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
You are good at writing
This marks a start to a good travelogue.
Congratulations on the long road ahead.
I wish you a happy and a pleasurable road trip
Dont forget, we will be watching this space for updates.
Thanks for the encouragement, Pavan.

The runup to the event builds up the excitement in the same sense a thriller builds up introducing the characters and the plot.

Tabula Rasa- the blank slate, is the state of my mind currently. its about three weeks to go yet i am vey fuzzy in my mind towards the planning. There are 1000 competing action items and am standing over them scratching my head; dont know where to begin.

Shall i make a checklist?
1. get the vehicle checked up. (what all in check up?)
2. plan out a route and a backup route (whats the plan b for plan b?)
3. decide upon the halts and milestones.
4. find out the road conditions

Its the balkan state of preparedness.
bolivar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2010, 22:10   #6
BHPian

Hey Bolivar -How did your trip go. Did you post a travelogue and photos? Given your style of writing, I would look forward to a very interesting travelogue.
Kairalee is offline   Reply With Quote