Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 9th December 2010, 04:58   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Coastal Karnataka in a week.

Wow. Beautiful.

The Jungle Lodges is aanother attempt by the govt which is wonderfully done. Always love my stay with them.

I miss Dianas and Ideals Gadbad!
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 13:57   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohsinRoadster View Post
"Devbag Diamond" looks like the boat house in Aleppey..
They are part of the same family hence they look the same. Here's why -

Name:  IMG_4010.JPG
Views: 1173
Size:  154.4 KB

Both the Diamond and the Pearl are built in the same shipyard/boatyard in Kerala, as are the Alappuzha boats. The Karnataka govt. bought them from there.

Last edited by aryasanyal : 9th December 2010 at 13:59.
aryasanyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2013, 10:46   #48
BHPian

Planning a scuba dive to Netrani and driving 500 kms from Bangalore without seeing nearby attractions would be an utter waste of precious natural resources.

Require fellow members to suggest a 1-2 places nearby that I can add to my trip and extend my trip by a couple of days.

PS - I have been to Jog, Belur & Udupi before
LonelyPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 13:38   #49
BHPian

MODS: I am reposting my request to this group as I did not get any on another Thread. Please remove if this is not allowed.

Hello BHPians!

We are planning a Road Trip to Coastal Karnataka in the month of October (9 Days and 8 Nights). I need some advice in itinerary planning and choices of stopovers.

Idea is to fly to Bangalore and hire a rent-a-car (Zoomcar / Myles ) to drive through Coorg , Mangalore, Udipi , Murudeshwar, Gokarna, Sirsi, Jog Falls, Sringeri, Back to Bangalore either via coorg or via Hassan.

Proposed Route Map is as follows: https://goo.gl/maps/bk8MEKzFp8R2

Mind you this is purely my vision. So, any practical suggestions or improvements are welcome!

What we plan to see / experience are:
  • Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary
  • Coorg, Madikeri
  • Mangalore, Malpe Beach, St Marys Island
  • Murudeshwar, Om -Paradise Beach Trek, Mahabaleshvar Temple
  • Karwar
  • Yana Caves, Mohini Shikhara, Sahasra Lingam
  • Banavasi, Jog Falls, Unchelli Falls,

What I need is
  • Suggestion on whether this is good itinerary for 9 days - 8 nights Road trip?
  • Anything we need to add / remove?
  • Places where we can get good food ? Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian (Sea-food)?
  • Any route we should avoid - because of road condition or safety?
  • Any route we must not miss - due to sheer scenery en-route?
dmplog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 19:22   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
[b]

We are planning a Road Trip to Coastal Karnataka in the month of October (9 Days and 8 Nights).
What we plan to see / experience are:
  • Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary
  • Coorg, Madikeri
  • Mangalore, Malpe Beach, St Marys Island
  • Murudeshwar, Om -Paradise Beach Trek, Mahabaleshvar Temple
  • Karwar
  • Yana Caves, Mohini Shikhara, Sahasra Lingam
  • Banavasi, Jog Falls, Unchelli Falls,

What I need is
  • Suggestion on whether this is good itinerary for 9 days - 8 nights Road trip?
  • Anything we need to add / remove?
  • Places where we can get good food ? Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian (Sea-food)?
  • Any route we should avoid - because of road condition or safety?
  • Any route we must not miss - due to sheer scenery en-route?
I have done this route several times while i was in Bangalore. Your planning is absolutely perfect. Still am trying to make a day wise itinerary for you.

Day 1- Bangalore to Coorg via Rangantittu bird sanctuary & visit Kushalnagar Monestry and Dubery forest on the way.

Day 2- Sightseeing around Coorg.

Day 3- Coorg to Mangalore. Icereams at Mangalore are really tasteful!

Day 4- Mangalore to Udupi via Kapu beach on the way. Fish preparations at Hotel Paraside on Maple beach was very nice, specially their Pomfret fry!

Day 5- Visit to ST Marys Island in the morning and post lunch drive down to Murdeshwara. If the Government ferry service is not available you can ask Hotel Paraside travel desk to arrange speed boat for you.

Day 6- Murdeshwara to Gokarna. Stay at Kudle beach or near OM beach. Namaste cafe at OM beach is a good place to chill out with good food. The floating Hotel at Murdeshwar offers nice food, specially their gadbad icecreams are tasty.

Day 7- Visit Yana Caves, Mohini Shikhara, Sahasra Lingam and night stay at Karwar.

Day 8- Drive down till Honavara, take left on Nh206 and visit jog fall and Unchelli Falls and night stay at Shimoga.

Day 9- Bangalore.

The google map link you have shared is absolutely spot on. From Karwar to Jog falls i took the road via Honnavara instead of going via Sirsi. You can choose either of the two routes.

Last edited by Samba : 24th July 2017 at 19:50.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote