Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 26th October 2010, 16:31   #61
RGK
Senior - BHPian

<Wow! Now that's a story right there. And with some nice tinted photos and text, you could turn this one para into the travelogue of the year! Good stuff>

Thanks suhaas. I had some photos taken in old aged camera. will try to share. During my stay I was a regular visitor to Kamat & Udupi restaurants. Another thing I noted there was I did not see even a single cop at that time.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 22:55   #62
Senior - BHPian

Hello,
Would say a nicely penned travel diary, just been to Goa on Sept 22nd this year, took the route from Bangalore to Hubli & from there on Ankola & Karwar. The roads were very good and there would have been no way a Civic would have bottomed out.

The Accord is just too good

PS: Do you work in one of the buildings opposite Leela's on the old airport Road?
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 23:10   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post

Thanks suhaas. I had some photos taken in old aged camera. will try to share. During my stay I was a regular visitor to Kamat & Udupi restaurants. Another thing I noted there was I did not see even a single cop at that time.
Things have gotten pretty tight since then I'm afraid. And cops are now a necessity wherever there is civilization! And ironically, we human beings are the most civilized!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Hello,
Would say a nicely penned travel diary, just been to Goa on Sept 22nd this year, took the route from Bangalore to Hubli & from there on Ankola & Karwar. The roads were very good and there would have been no way a Civic would have bottomed out.

The Accord is just too good

PS: Do you work in one of the buildings opposite Leela's on the old airport Road?
The roads were excellent to say the least, save for a few rough patches here and there, but not something that your average sedan can't tackle! Our Civic did bottom out on a few occasions. She grazed several speed-breakers but most of them outside Bangalore proper and around the outskirts!

How'd you guess? Yes, my father works in a building that's diagonally opposite the Leela!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 09:10   #64
BHPian

Default Re: White sand, seafood and a few curves thrown in.. Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore!

@Suhaas: I said this before too. what a travelogue. Your foodielogue and my GPS, they make a pair. We went almost golfing, from one (food) hole to another. WoW. My family sends you a big thank you.

We drove in Saturday via BLR -> Shimoga -> Karwar -> Colva. Took more than 14 hours (2 hours lost in Yashwantpur getting out of the truck queues and weathered throughextra ordinary stops to savour food, a 2.5 hr storm in the ghats - loved it though, greens & black asphalt and a Cruze, 1.5 hr halt in Amrut!).

While going back I am thinking of taking the route Colva -> Karwar -> hubli -> BLR. That will be an alright thing to do I suppose.

And one more thing: St. Francis Xavier's relics are going to be brought down on 21 Nov 2014 for 40 days. I am planning to come over (just making up an excuse to block time!!).

Thanks Suhaas.
BurningHeart is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote