Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 28th September 2016, 17:40   #121
Lij
BHPian

Default Re: Goa Vacation for First Timers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
Any suggestions or recommendations for good restaurants and shacks in and around Colva.
Never stayed around Colva so not much knowledge of the food joints there.

Have been to Martin's Corner restaurant at Betalbatim (around 4.5 km from Colva), bit expensive, but the the ambience and food are worth it.

Heard that Magzika Beach shack at Betalbatim beach is good.
Lij is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 17:58   #122
BHPian

Scarlet Juice Centre in Chapora is my go-to place for a pick-me-up breakfast after a hard night of partying. The Avocado juice is divine.

Anand Sea Food Restaurant & Bar on Calangute Road is another favourite.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 18:22   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I am staying at Panjim next week. Being a foodie ;-), I like to explore fish and other non-veg delights which we can taste only at Goa.
Any restaurant recommendations?
I love street food, and love to get something locally made/real flavour of Goa.
Another place to visit is Florentines, near Calangute. It was once and still is a place visited by the locals, though now a lot of tourists come to taste the Chicken Cafreal, Mussels, and local Fish. Must try place for a foodie.
Happysmiles is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 23:51   #124
BHPian

We are visiting Goa this week end for three days. Need help on the below.

1. Taxi services in Airport to reach hotel in North Goa - Baga beach. We will be reaching the airport Friday early morning around 1.30 a.m. Do we need to pre-book any taxi or is it better to book at the airport after we reach.

2. Suggestion for self driving car rental services. We plan to hire for one day and visit some places (Rest of the days will be just relaxing in some beach)

3. Any good places to visit (We will be staying in a hotel in Baga beach all three days)
r_devakumar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2016, 09:17   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
We are visiting Goa this week end for three days. Need help on the below.

1. Taxi services in Airport to reach hotel in North Goa - Baga beach. We will be reaching the airport Friday early morning around 1.30 a.m. Do we need to pre-book any taxi or is it better to book at the airport after we reach.

2. Suggestion for self driving car rental services. We plan to hire for one day and visit some places (Rest of the days will be just relaxing in some beach)

3. Any good places to visit (We will be staying in a hotel in Baga beach all three days)
Taxis are available at the airport. When you exit the airport, just to your right, you can see the govt tourism office on taxis. Fares are also listed on the board.

Many hotels, or homestays have tie ups with car rental services. you could get a activa for INR 400 per day or a swift for approx 1400 INR. Its your choices unlimited

I would still prefer Anjuna or Vagator when compared to Baga, which was crowded for my taste. But fun is still in this place. Walk down from Baga to Calangute with pleasure
lambuhere1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote