Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 21st October 2010, 21:17   #31
BHPian

Lovely pics Robin, you guys seem to have really gotten of the beaten track ! These are places most of us have never seen, go on !
kannan666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 21:18   #32
BHPian

We have lunch in Malvan. Tarkarli is still 7 kms away. Malvan is known for its food, esp. sea food. For veggies too Malvan does not disappoint. We enquired about snorkeling. Sadly things wouldn’t open before 1st of September. We are early by a few days :(.

We reach the MTDC resort in Tarkarli by 3 pm. Only the Konkan style houses are vacant. I like the design of the house. Except for some fungal lines on the roof, things were mostly fine. The star attractions are closed here too. But the beach is beautiful and it is not raining – time for fun.

fi.robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 21:20   #33
BHPian

Later we build castle. Not in the air. We are happy with the sand at the moment . Everyone trying to specialize in one area. Amit, Nitin and Ketaki start with the fort. I look around for twigs to make a bridge. In the the end it turns out to be pretty good. A fort with big boundary on one side, a big gate at the entrance (my piece, the bridge looked more like a gate ) and sea at the other side. We revel in our structural marvel. A kid is excited to see us at work. He joins us but pretends to be busy with is own sand work. Much after dark we decide to leave. Sad we didn't take snaps of our fort. By the time we realized it was to late. The fort was attacked by the kid.

Some more pics from Tarkarli beach.

Old 21st October 2010, 21:22   #34
BHPian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amit and Nitin wanted the trip to extend to Goa. To pay homage to the wonderful land. How can we be so close to Goa and skip it. But I am a bit sick of the damp smell in the hotel rooms. More over I have exhausted all my clean clothes. The weather here won't allow us to dry our clothes .

Like all good things, this also had to end. Next day we start early at 6 AM for Bangalore. The drive was through Amboli ghat. It is a Jungle and at one point the visibility reduced to less then 50 mts. Drive from Belgaum to Bangalore is on the same NH4. Good 4 laned road.

We sulk for a while, in Obelix fashion, as the trip is about to end. A trip well worth.

By 7 pm we are back in Bangalore.

The Looks, after 3200 kms.

Back to sparkling ways after 3 hours of hard work
Old 21st October 2010, 21:27   #35
BHPian

fi.robin, Simply superb.........no other words to describe. excellent snaps... what better way to enjoy the monsoons? I certainly " envy you".

Regards,
Venkatesh
venki.bala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2010, 08:29   #36
BHPian

Awome pics!!! Very impressive pics of the forts.
MohsinRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2010, 10:04   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki.bala View Post
fi.robin, Simply superb.........no other words to describe. excellent snaps... what better way to enjoy the monsoons? I certainly " envy you".

Regards,
Venkatesh
Don't envy me sir. Just drive down in the next monsoon. You won't regret .

@MohsinRoadster : thanks a lot.

@kannan666: Traveling by your own car gives you the flexibility to explore more. It is an intereseting place.