Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 23rd October 2010, 23:39   #1
BHPian

Default Short One Day Excursion from Pune to Bhuleshwar

It had been a long time since I got out of the city, and the weekend provided the perfect opportunity for a quick (offroad) trip with some friends to Bhuleshwar, a beautiful old temple about 50 km from Pune, about 10 km off the Pune Solapur highway, just before Yavat.

We left late in the morning, the effect of a late Friday night movie. After a quick lunch at Uruli, where the hotel's blackboard assured us we were on the right track, we hit the hills and a short but steep climb later, reached Bhuleshwar.

Short One Day Excursion from Pune to Bhuleshwar-dsc00752.jpg

The temple is breathtakingly beautiful, although in need of some maintenance. For the believers, the priest will also take your offerings to the Shivling, and if you are lucky, you will find that your prasad has been eaten - and your mannat has been granted.

Short One Day Excursion from Pune to Bhuleshwar-dsc00810.jpg

After the temple, it was time for some soft offroading - a little water, a little hill, and some beautiful pictures.

Name:  20101023161022.jpg
Views: 3287
Size:  93.9 KB

Name:  20101023162558.jpg
Views: 3352
Size:  103.1 KB

Short One Day Excursion from Pune to Bhuleshwar-dsc00929.jpg

Bhuleshwar is a nice option for a short half day trip out of Pune. There aren't too many hotels around, but if you are not too picky, you will survive. The final few hundred meters to the temple are steep and the road is very bad, so be careful. After visiting the temple, be sure to wander around the vast table top - it's a truly refreshing experience.

Last edited by siddheshb : 23rd October 2010 at 23:45.
siddheshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2010, 00:52   #2
BHPian

Awesome photos Siddhesh, did you really cross the lake, the water looks quite deep!

Your ride looks really handsome, nice photo setup too. I travel to Solapur very often, didn't know such a nice place exists so close to the highway.

The distance map is quite innovative
Meer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2010, 02:13   #3
BHPian

Meer, the water wasn't that deep - but there was a lot of slush. You can see the tracks coming out of the lake at the far side.
Old 25th October 2010, 01:18   #4
BHPian

Check my main thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-0l-4x4-9.html for a couple of videos from the offroading trip.
Old 25th October 2010, 08:47   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
Meer, the water wasn't that deep - but there was a lot of slush. You can see the tracks coming out of the lake at the far side.
No doubt very impressive, what a fun it would have been

I have to find joy in blowing puddles on the road

How is the condition of the Solapur highway now? In the past few years it is going from bad to worse except for the toll road.
Meer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 12:05   #6
BHPian

Meer, the exit from Pune gets on your nerves, you lose half an hour at least just getting out of Hadapsar. Once you get rid of the city traffic, it's a smooth ride till Yavat where you leave the highway for Bhuleshwar. Most of the road is 4 lane. But this is the toll road you mentioned, I guess? I am not sure how the conditions are as you get further away.

By the way, I didn't get a full video of the lake ride, my friend was too excited and most of the shot came out of focus. I do have some bits of the video which I could save, but for some reason, it isn't getting processed as YouTube. As soon as that is done, I will post it.

But I do need to go there again for a proper shoot