Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 26th October 2010, 17:15   #1
BHPian

Default Silver Surf all set to greet the mighty Himalayas @ Gangtok

Hello Everyone,

I am starting a new thread after quite a long time. However, have been keeping track of all that has been happening in the travelogues section.

First and foremost would like to wish everyone out here a very Happy Durga Puja, Lakshmi Puja (belated), Shobho Bijoya & a very Happy Diwali in advance. Its a time for festivities & people tend to find means and ways to stay close to friends, relatives & parents. There are people who make plans well in advance & reap the benefits. Then there are others like me who are lazy or are bad at planning well in advance which leads to events like "drive from Bangalore to Kolkata & then onwards to Gangtok". Yes, this is what me and my wife are planning to do this Friday.

We had all the train tickets booked, however could not get a confirmed ticket for the first leg till Kolkata. Today morning we crept out of bed around 5:00 in the morning & dragged ourselves to the KR Puram railway station to try our luck with the Tatkal tickets. We had a few people in front of us but were apprehensive that we would get the tickets. However, Lady Luck had other plans & we returned back empty handed as the tickets for Kolkata exhausted even before we reached the counter. Flight tickets are out of question because of the escalated prices.

So, me & wife decided that this was another challenge in front of us - either drive till kolkata to spend the Diwali at my parents home and then have a small vacation @ Gangtok OR drop all plans & spend Diwali here in Bangalore (boo hooo hoooo)

Yet again madness has won over reason, desire is the victor over logic and here I am writing to you all for suggestions. hints or tips that you may extend to make this trip a memorable journey. Request you all to please pour in with your suggestions regarding weather, route, hotels, places to visit, etc etc.

For now, I am concentrating to get a checkup done for the "Silver Surf". I already have most of the required stuff like foot pump, tubeless tyre repair kit, tool kit etc that come in handy during long trips.

As of now, I intend to stay on NH5 till Kolkata & then take NH34 when I continue to Gangtok via Siliguri. If there is anyone out here who is in the same situation as I am & would like to be a part of this trip till Kolkata, do let me know.
Kaustav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2010, 23:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Kaustav,

No update on the trip did you make it or not.
xingamazon is offline   Reply With Quote