Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2010, 16:09   #16
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,660
Thanked: 8,755 Times
Default

The place looks awesome. The bird snap is very nice indeed.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:45   #17
BHPian
 
ambivalent_98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune-Bangalore
Posts: 758
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Excellent photos. Keep them coming. By the way which hotel did you stay @ Tarkarli ? How did you book it ? Could you share the details please.
ambivalent_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2010, 13:25   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
deutscheafrikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai & Candolim
Posts: 1,155
Thanked: 317 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaygk77 View Post
Both the Ghat sections between Nippani - Phonda & Amoboli - Belgaum are in good condition [ i read queries by various members from Pune & Mumbai towards Goa]. Both routes took us 3.5hrs non stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by udaygk77 View Post
From chikkodi to Niappani around 20kms of travel is through bad roads which took us anywhere between 45mins to 1hr.
From Nippani beneath the NH4 flyover passes the road to Radhanagari.
udaygk77 Nice travellogue. Great photos. Interesting to read about this route via phondaghat to cut across from NH4 to NH17 avoiding going through Kolhapur city.

regards
deutscheafrikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2014, 11:35   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 173
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Road Trip from Bangalore to Malvan

Friends,
We are planning to drive down from Bangalore to Malvan. This would be a family trip. Wanted to know a few quick things before I embark on this trip.
We plan to leave Bangalore on 27th noon and spend the night at either Hubli or Dharwad. The plan is to reach Malvan by early evening on 28th Dec.

Few Q's
Which is the best route for this drive? We are travelling with kids so any references to decent restaurants would be helpful. Also, any other places around Malvan that we can drive and stay for a couple of days?

Any additional details would be fantastic.
hallik9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2015, 10:42   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: pune
Posts: 341
Thanked: 142 Times
Default Re: Road Trip from Bangalore to Malvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
Friends,
We are planning to drive down from Bangalore to Malvan. This would be a family trip. Wanted to know a few quick things before I embark on this trip.
We plan to leave Bangalore on 27th noon and spend the night at either Hubli or Dharwad. The plan is to reach Malvan by early evening on 28th Dec.

Few Q's
Which is the best route for this drive? We are travelling with kids so any references to decent restaurants would be helpful. Also, any other places around Malvan that we can drive and stay for a couple of days?

Any additional details would be fantastic.
I do not know if my reply is late.

From Belgaon take Jamboti -Chorla Road to get into Goa and then exit Goa via Mapusa - Patradevi road. When in Maharashtra continue on Partadevi Zarap road and NH17 thereafter, till you reach Kasal and at Kasal take left to Malvan.

This will be fastest option and best road conditions.

You need to pay Rs. 250 when you enter Goa but they refund amount if you leave Goa within 4 hours. From Chorla Entry till Patradevi Exit should not take more than 1 hour. So you can stop in Goa for Lunch / dinner at Mapusa or better place at Konkan Kinara just 2 km before Patradevi and then proceed.
CANPUSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 11:13   #21
BHPian
 
dpkbehera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Hyderabad, Pune
Posts: 310
Thanked: 205 Times
Default Re: Magficient Malvan

I am planning for a Hyderabad -> Malvan -> Goa -> Hyderabad Trip. I would appreciate inputs on the following i.e.
a) Please find below the suggested route by google maps. Any comments on this will be appreciated.
b) Any pointers to hotels in Malvan.
Attached Thumbnails
Magficient Malvan-hmgh.jpg  

dpkbehera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 11:21   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 262
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: Road Trip from Bangalore to Malvan

Wonderful thread backed with awesome images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
I do not know if my reply is late.

From Belgaon take Jamboti -Chorla Road to get into Goa and then exit Goa via Mapusa - Patradevi road. When in Maharashtra continue on Partadevi Zarap road and NH17 thereafter, till you reach Kasal and at Kasal take left to Malvan.

This will be fastest option and best road conditions.

You need to pay Rs. 250 when you enter Goa but they refund amount if you leave Goa within 4 hours.
From what I heard in the recent past, the Rs. 250 handback is done only if you enter Goa from NH and exit on the NH. Any other entry/exits are not eligible for the cash back.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Any pointers to hotels in Malvan.
There are quite a few. Last month when i visited Malvan I stayed at Grande Vista Tarkali. Simple but superb place in terms of comfort, relaxation, beach proximity and last but not the least FOOD.
Don't expect the Goa kind of accommodation in Malvan. Most of the ones in Malvan are cozy types with local food etc. Frequent power cuts are also a norm. Should not impact you unless you plan to stay indoors for the most part.

Last edited by @Chaand : 12th May 2016 at 11:28.
@Chaand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 11:22   #23
BHPian
 
dpkbehera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Hyderabad, Pune
Posts: 310
Thanked: 205 Times
Default Re: Magficient Malvan

The alternative route is this i.e.
Attached Thumbnails
Magficient Malvan-hmgh_1.jpg  

dpkbehera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 12:50   #24
BHPian
 
dpkbehera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Hyderabad, Pune
Posts: 310
Thanked: 205 Times
Default Re: Magficient Malvan

Did some more research and after getting inputs, the below route seems to be the best one. The advantage is that this is a known route. Also the journey to and from would be almost similar in terms of the route. The only grey area would be the route Belgaum-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Malvan. Any pointers will be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Magficient Malvan-hmgh_final.jpg  

dpkbehera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 11:53   #25
BHPian
 
dpkbehera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Hyderabad, Pune
Posts: 310
Thanked: 205 Times
Default Re: Magficient Malvan

Bumping up an old thread. I am specifically looking for suggestions for a itinerary @Konkan from Hyderabad. A quick search indicates that Hyderabad -> Belgavi -> Amboli -> Malvan -> Ratnagiri -> Ganpati Phule -> Kolhapur -> Hyderabad may be suitable. Any inputs/suggestions will be appreciated.
dpkbehera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 13:39   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: pune
Posts: 34
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Magficient Malvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Bumping up an old thread. I am specifically looking for suggestions for a itinerary @Konkan from Hyderabad. A quick search indicates that Hyderabad -> Belgavi -> Amboli -> Malvan -> Ratnagiri -> Ganpati Phule -> Kolhapur -> Hyderabad may be suitable. Any inputs/suggestions will be appreciated.
Yes Ganpatipule is a good option , you can even think of Malvan too, both of them being same distance from Hyderabad around 700kms. Between ganpatipule & Malvan there are good amount of konkan beach options.
udaygk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Madgaon to Malvan route and Hotels Darryl.Burke Route / Travel Queries 5 29th March 2012 15:17
Exploring Konkan - Trip to Malvan udaydesai Travelogues 24 24th December 2008 00:05


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks