Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 18th January 2011, 10:46   #136
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Story of a Vacation II : A page out of Jungle Book & experiencing God's Own Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaush View Post
How did your ANHC hold during the trip?
did you have any bottom scrapes?
OOPS!!!

Do you mean his car's bottom scrapes?

SVB ka last post padha nahi kya?

As per that post, he will not contribute anything further.

Quote:
@SVB: If i wanted to become famous here, i would not have adapted a screen name, but my real name, put in my picture there as a part of Avtaar
Oye,
all above statement is directed toward me.

Mods,
sorry for four smilies, could not resist.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 18th January 2011 at 10:52.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 11:04   #137
BHPian

Default OTR: Privacy issues

I know I am just hijacking this thread, but I cannot help it. Here there is a mental-disintegration issue with me here (to use the technical term: I can sue as well) after what I read and someone blaming me. I just quickly browsed a couple of pages of this thread - pg 6 and pg 7 and the snap numbers from there are given below. Whoever gives the privacy crap, here's some more food for thought. Hopefully SVB has asked the following people if he could take the snap and even told each one of them that it would be posted on t-bhp. Joke! Would you like someone coming to your home and clicking your bathroom snap? It all looks great when you write a tribal story etc. Does he know the names of these people / of support staff (boatmen/mahouts/van-driver) who make our trips comfortable and enjoyable? I can go more abstract. How can you click my home, the plants, the trees which fall within my compound wall? Violation - I would say. There is no end, boss. So all clicks are privacy issue snaps. Ban cameras!

pg 7:

276 - Forest staff
303 - Refreshment zone lady.
326 - 2 boat men
343 - Lakshmi hotel cooks.
349 - Forest guy
386/388/390 - Mahouts
403 - Flower sellers

pg 6:
158 - Van driver
171 - Common man
176 - Tribal children
186 - Boat man
192 - Boat man
200 - Natural bathroom
256 - Man holding gooseberrys.
jeevmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 12:30   #138
BHPian

Default Re: Story of a Vacation II : A page out of Jungle Book & experiencing God's Own Count

Ok. Can someone educate me? So SVB has stopped posting cos someone posted his pics or because he is busy? And why do we have jeevmenon apologising here?
KRRaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 12:46   #139
BHPian

KRRaj:

pg 8, link 120 =>There was a 1 star rating given to this thread and SVB comments about it.

People think SVB stopped because of rating issue.

pg 9, link 131 => SVB clarifies that it is not the ratings. He had intended to quit writing sometime back (dont know because of what) but his decision got "tipped" because of an X posting his picture without his consent. And that X = jeevmenon.

My sole intention is to clear my stance. My apologies are only to the junta and that too if they think they are missing on SVB posts due to me. I am just giving clarification. Its just not right to accuse and scoot.
Old 18th January 2011, 14:53   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
OOPS!!!

Do you mean his car's bottom scrapes?

SVB ka last post padha nahi kya?

As per that post, he will not contribute anything further.
Ah, I just read the travelogue part, and saw the photos at that time. I read the rest of the issue now. I guess asked the question a little too late.

Last edited by akaush : 18th January 2011 at 15:00.
akaush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 22:25   #141
BHPian

my frank personal opinion is that - All this looks very foolish and kiddish for sure. Its like a kid complaining & crying out loud that somebody stole his or her candy.

Quote:
My sole intention is to clear my stance.if they think they are missing on SVB posts due to me.
Jeev,
I was reading the whole affair from the start. To be very frank, this has ended in a very bad taste. It shouldn't have ended like this.I would personally not miss anybody for that matter, though it wouldn't be right for me to comment on what people miss here. Life goes on for sure.

Quote:
I am just giving clarification. Its just not right to accuse and scoot

in the first place, who asked for clarification ? No need to clarify anything to anybody. I am shocked to see what MX6 has written about his experience.

i feel now, what i did with the T-BHP stickers were right. i did procure it, but gave it off to few guys out here since i expected such issues in the future. i didnt even stick a single sticker. I was right, when i thought that this virtual world better be virtual.

Jeev,

There are more important things in life for you to take care than this , i guess. So please carry on.

few lessons learnt for sure.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 18th January 2011 at 22:31.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 09:23   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
my frank personal opinion is that - All this looks very foolish and kiddish for sure. Its like a kid complaining & crying out loud that somebody stole his or her candy.
I too believe the same, Nandan. The kid needs to grow up.

Who asked for clarification? My conscience. And it looked like I am speaking to a wall in the past day and a half with no answers to a lot of my queries. Its just like hitting from the back and hiding behind the bush. But, now I am going to just say "God, forgive them. For they dont know what they are doing."

Quote:
There are more important things in life for you to take care than this , i guess. So please carry on.
Nothing more important than being a good human who does not hurt anyone, physical or mentally.

Quote:
few lessons learnt for sure.
Lots here too. I did not want to wash dirty linen in public, but then it was all started in an open forum and my conscience says I owe an answer to the people in the forum.

Quote:
To be very frank, this has ended in a very bad taste. It shouldn't have ended like this.I would personally not miss anybody for that matter, though it wouldn't be right for me to comment on what people miss here. Life goes on for sure.
Totally totally agree. Take care, Nandan.
Old 19th January 2011, 11:14   #143
BHPian

Hey jeev,

What i was trying to say is that we are all grown up and responsible guys. We shouldnt be getting upset or take petty things in life like these personally. We are in a open forum and in my opinion, i always felt that T-BHP is the best place, since it has all the other masalas inaddition to Automobiles.

I also like the fact that the moderators out here are very professional and are striving hard to keep the forum as clean and nice to best of their capabilities.

Being in a forum like this, it also becomes each individual's responsibility to behave and present oneself properly. This only adds to the diginity of the forum.

I did get a mass PM today giving information about the no. of guests visiting the forum. We should think why this is happening? bcos the word is spreading that "T-BHP is a good forum"

Its been an irony that i have not put a sticker to my cars due to this issue of identification. I have seen many T-Bhpians physically with their cars next to mine, but didnt wish anybody. This gives that much peace to both the parties. I dont want to take chances with the mood of an individual unless one has been communicating before hand.

Yes, i am in touch with few guys over phone & PMs. This is purely for the reason that i have found these guys like minded and absolutely of my type.

So lets drop this trivial issue here and get back to our lives, which has more important things to focus on.

I suggest dont take anything to heart, since nothing is permanent in life. You should keep saying " This will pass by soon" and move.

All the best and cheers to you and Star

Both of you have done a great job.

@star,

It would be better you come back online and give us good time by posting your travelogue. Your travelogues have always been a stress buster for me from my hectic schedules. Dont loose it all man.

So let this aside and surface yaar !

Finally, lets keep up the forum's dignity.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 19th January 2011 at 11:17.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 11:39   #144
BHPian

Nandan: That was a neat post. I liked it. Yes, as responsible mature people its our / my responsibility to ensure that this beautiful forum is clean. I wish this page and the previous couple of pages never happened. Once written, always written. Damn it! Delete.

First time readers - This is just a one-off. Do come and be part of the community here, share and be wise.
Old 19th January 2011, 11:55   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Agree about the tbhp sticker part. I was one of the many who were eager to have tbhp-stickers, which would help identify with the community that I am passionate about. At that time we had only the tiny www.team-bhp.com stickers (5 bucks each), which can be seen on 3 sides of my Baleno and the rear windscreen of our M800 & Swift. But when after pages and pages of discussion, the bigger stickers finally became a reality and available to procure, I was hesitant to put them on the car. The small stickers can only be seen on closer scrutiny, while the big ones would be loud and for all the world to see. I was suddenly not sure whether I really wanted to be seen so loud and clear.

Coming to the issue here, I dont see what the big deal is. If it is about star-ratings, I don't remember rating any thread in my 5-6 years here, though there are many I am hooked to and appreciate. I would just rather post a comment saying that the thread is awesome. So ratings mean nothing to me.

If it is about privacy being infringed, again it seems a non-issue in this case because in this very thread, I see SVB posting snaps of himself. So, is it a big deal that jeevmenon posted a snap of his on another thread? Even if it is, just report the post and the mods would delete the offending snap. And all is well.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 19th January 2011 at 11:58.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote