Team-BHP - For a Destination starved Hyderabadi's - Nizamabad Drive
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   For a Destination starved Hyderabadi's - Nizamabad Drive (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/94496-destination-starved-hyderabadis-nizamabad-drive.html)

This thread goes out to all the people who want to have a day's fun with long drive , Scenic spots and Avg Food :D

Well as the thread starts of We ( there are 7 people in this will introduce the characters as the story proceeds) were in search for a day trip and could not decide on perfect spot the main concerns were Good Roads (needed to test a New Optra Magnum TDCi's Limitations) , Places worth visiting and Less crowds.

As there are seven of us it was a big problem coordinating the day with which every one was fine but finally things fell in place and the place was yet to be decided-
The places considered
1) Warangal - Was considered and dropped of as I had already done a ride on my Thumper and did not find it apt for our concerns.
2) Ananthagiri - Though the locale is good the drive consists of a mixture of bad one lane roads.
3) Nizamabad - The clincher was the 250+km drive and the host of things to be seen did a little research (found another thread in Team Bhp itself!!) and decided to go for it.

Now i guess i have been following team-bhp a little too much of late you can see what i mean in the following pictures,

The map i found from Google and Team-bhp as well,

The filling up of fuel and checking the tires etc the day before the trip.

The tire shop still had a kid working in it so much for our govt. rules.

Well after that the wait was really agonized the cars were ready (ohh totally forgot the Rides for the trip were The INDICA Dicor 1.5 and Optra Magnum 2.0 Tdci) and sleep was not on hand the timing for departure was fixed at 6.Am to avoid any traffic with in the city or The highway.

The trip starts from the next post with lots of pictures before we even managed to hit the highwaylol:

The Morning started for us at 5Am and was it cold or what!
Well the cars were started and we were waiting for the last two guys to join us who had a night shift (but were sport enough for a day trip without sleep), but unfortunately they forgot to get their brushes so it was the great Indian neem tree to the rescue!

Well all said and done the ride started at 6 Am due to some timely appearances (pun intended) and we were finally off. The drive from begumpet to medchal highway took around 7 minutes :Shockked:, for any Hyderabad around here they would know why that smiley was there because in the evening the same distance costed us more than 2 hours!

Well here are a few pics to start off the ride

EDIT-Mods please change the name from nizamabad to adilabad.

The plan was to cover as much distance as possible in the morning so that we could have more time for sight seeing and the return must be before late night the places of interest we decided to see as time permits are

1) The Sri Ramsagar Project also known as Pochampad reservoir

2) Nirmal and its surroundings

3) Pochera waterfalls

4) Kuntala waterfalls which are the Highest waterfalls in A.p

The first pitstop was at kammareddy for breakfast where when i checked the time was 7.15 Am and we had covered more than 105km in less than 70 mins.

The Breakfast was planned at the haritha restaurant 2kms before kammareddy, It is a govt. run concern so no cribbing about the food but it was better than what we had in mind. The roads till this point were too good to be true and we had planned on seeing the vehicles limits which we did.(for people crying hoarse over safety etc uploading the pictures of the road so that you would understand).
The first stop was at Sri Ramsagar project and the walk to top throughly tired us down(please go thru the pics before you attempt such things out of adventurism) the project is a irrigational and hydro electric one and the river godavari was full so was the project when we visited it.

There are two tolls the first one is before kammareddy and the second one is before you enter the ghats (4km) toward nirmal. The view from ghat section was amazing,and the wild life consisted of Pickpocket monkeys who steal biscuit packets:D. All in all the it was fun.

nice photos.. good travelogue... Awaiting futher details... Nice to know that we also have some nice places to go for a weekend one or 2 day trips from hyderabad....

Quote:

Originally Posted by venki.bala (Post 2194653)
nice photos.. good travelogue... Awaiting futher details... Nice to know that we also have some nice places to go for a weekend one or 2 day trips from hyderabad....

Thank You venki. This is just a first trip i will be uploading there are more than 10 places for a quick day's getaway from Hyderabad if you search properly

Well the place shown above was very scenic and peaceful, you can stay for close to an hour(mind you the walk to top and around the project takes more than that, as you can see we devised a quicker way of getting to the bottom :D)

From there we started of to the second destination of the journey and another toll plaza on the way, and i was pleasantly surprised to see the road conditions still holding up good, there was some entertainment as well in form of over enthusiastic ancestors who stole a couple of biscuit packets and the view form ghat section was really good but sadly neither our Slr or Cybershot couldnt do justice to it( and be advised though we had a hearty breakfast we still were hungry and with nothing insight had to make do with biscuits and chips, so people going on this route carry lots of water and food). The road condition deteriorated from here on as it was a single road twolaned bit for more than 40kms. Here there was a mix-up as there were no road signs and we crossed the the turn to kuntala and headed on for pochera waterfalls. (if in doubt roll down the window at the first villager you see and ask for directions). The turn of from the main roads were in an even worse conditions, and we came upon to pochera waterfalls it was quaint place and we didn't imagine it to be so small but nevertheless we has some fun and scares as well. Please don't step into the overgrown vegetation as there are snakes around as we found it the hard way. I guess It would have been fun for the guards there to see 7 guys running hard with couple of cameras hung in their necks and jump into the cars. But it was an experience as well. so here come the pictures to show you what we saw

Does Nirmal town come on the Highway or is it bypassed? Awaiting further trip details, road conditions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by venki.bala (Post 2197781)
Does Nirmal town come on the Highway or is it bypassed? Awaiting further trip details, road conditions.

As you can see from the map Nirmal is bang on in center no needs for any bypass and the mixture of roads is like 80% good roads and 20% bad roads. The way to kuntala is at best driven below 30kph. And if you are planning do mail me, i will send you the exact details with accompanying pics.

And as for the travelogue we were still in search for some thing more before lunch hence we headed off to the Kuntala waterfalls with out knowing what it had in store for us! The time was 12 and we thought we would be back in an hour and then have lunch at nirmal but we had a whole different story before us.

The road to kuntala has to be taken by getting down the exit ramp at the Neredigonda village and as usual there were no sign boards and thanks to a local TRS meeting we had to drive around in circles for like 30 mins before we could find the exact route and then another 30 mins through the worst road of the Journey. Then we reached the waterfalls and as usual Ap tourism is sleeping (oh i meant the parking attendant) left the car at the entrance and walked up the road leading inside expecting to see the waterfalls but.. (be warned there is a small kirana store here buy lost of biscuit packets and water-bottles believe me you are gonna need them) there was nothing in sight, so after asking the kids running (child labour again) a store there, we were told we had to get down some steps to go to water falls and those some steps meant Four Hundred and Seventy Three steps to be exact!! The pictures will do rest of the talking

My bad.
The pictures didn't get uploaded.
Here are the final batch of pictures.