Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 29th January 2011, 11:55   #166
BHPian

Default Re: Expressway-Sand-Gravel-Snow: 5500kms in a Chevrolet Cruze

Very good summation about the vehicle mobike008.
I test drove the vehicle the suspension and braking is very good.
The best part I liked abut the car is even at speeds of 110-120kms you just hit the acceleration pedal and the response from the engine is fantastic and very quickly it is in 140-150kms speed.
Overtaking is a pleasure.
Turbolag is there around 30-50kms speed.
gajadonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 14:11   #167
Senior - BHPian

@avi,

nice travelogue!!!!

are you on diet?......this time, there is lone pic of food...chickenwala,[ there may be other ekka dukka]
otherwise, your travelogue without food pic is like food without salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
That weird landscape is a sight to be seen in person. Never ever that i saw such landscape in our country and this can be seen only for a short duration, maybe for about 5km-10kms only just before Morena

Thats chambal ghati,
that type of landscape is 3-4 km on both banks of the river Chambal, famous for Daaku hideouts.
The particular stretch between Dhoulpur and Muraina is dangerous,
body language of the people at that area is scary.[ everyone looks like daaku, chor, gunda].

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 29th January 2011 at 14:14.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 15:29   #168
Team-BHP Support

@Ashish, beileve it or not. I lost 2kgs in this trip and my jeans became loose...LOL!

Well, during most of this trip we were constantly under time pressure so eating food at right times was almost impossible and this time for a change i concentrated more on driving, enjoying the beauty of nature than food. I deliberately stayed away from all that white butter on parathans that people from north cannot do without. Minor modifications made a world of difference.

I beileve the best food is available in Hyderabad so no point looking for good food elsewhere. Will try to make up for loss of foodie pictures in my next travelogue

All said and done. My passion for food hasn't changed. After all, I inherited it

With regards to Morena, your right. That is chambal valley area and we were lucky to catch it in daylight. I travelled so many times by A.P Express to Delhi all my life but, this area comes at night and never knew such landscape in this area existed. It was truly wonderful to see it first hand.

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th January 2011 at 15:31.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2011, 23:02   #169
MDe
BHPian

Hi, Looking at some of the latest snaps, a couple of them made me believe that it was Olympic white, while all others prove that it is white diamond. I like the white diamond personally, so great snaps again all in one place.

I did take a test drive on saturday. Kishore came by and was his patient self. I did everything that I read of, tried parking in my parking slot, sat on the rear seat for sometime and then took it for a spin on shamirpet road, was great fun to drive. It did take some time to get used to the spring back clutch action but after that when I came back to my santro, I was raising a lot without leaving the cluth fully expecting a spring back :P Bottom line, it was good fun and your travelogue did help a lot.
MDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2011, 01:43   #170
Senior - BHPian

Great trip and travelogue Avi Bhai! Enjoyed the pics thoroughly.

What is the power of stock headlamps of your Cruze? And what is the bulb type?
Chevy_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 01:09   #171
Senior - BHPian

All the adjectives have already been used in praise for your journey, but I will have to use atleast one or two again!

Awesome log mobike! and an even splendid journey! If you read it in one go.. typical bollywood movie! Starts all nice and then goes on good for quite sometime. Things turn a little bit more interesting(spending the night out in fields!) and then outright scary (chambal and roads!). But in the end, everyone is happy and fine! Loved it!

Also really like the snaps of WA!!

Last edited by Dry Ice : 4th February 2011 at 01:25.
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 09:01   #172
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
I did take a test drive on saturday. Kishore came by and was his patient self. I did everything that I read of, tried parking in my parking slot, sat on the rear seat for sometime and then took it for a spin on shamirpet road, was great fun to drive. It did take some time to get used to the spring back clutch action but after that when I came back to my santro, I was raising a lot without leaving the cluth fully expecting a spring back :P Bottom line, it was good fun and your travelogue did help a lot.
Nice to know you took the test drive and was up to your satisfaction. So when are you getting this beauty home?

If i am not wrong, Diamond white has a 10K additional payment. But, Olympic White is my favorite color and also see that majority of folks buy the same color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
What is the power of stock headlamps of your Cruze? And what is the bulb type?
Thanks Carol! Strangely now that you ask I don't know the bulb specifications and assume its 55W/60W which is standard OEM specification. But, let me repeat they are simply outstanding and a need for upgrade is not required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
All the adjectives have already been used in praise for your journey, but I will have to use atleast one or two again!

Awesome log mobike! and an even splendid journey! If you read it in one go.. typical bollywood movie! Starts all nice and then goes on good for quite sometime. Things turn a little bit more interesting(spending the night out in fields!) and then outright scary (chambal and roads!). But in the end, everyone is happy and fine! Loved it!

Also really like the snaps of WA!!
Thank you for the appreciation and your kind words. They really encourage and make the entire effort of sharing this experience worthwhile.

Btw, If your located in Gachibowli and around, I dont mind showing off the WA to you
Old 4th February 2011, 15:09   #173
MDe
BHPian

@mobike008, Will book it this month if all goes well (fingers crossed). Is yours an olympic white? In the pictures I got confused, some appeared olympic and some diamond.

Yes, there is a 10k premium on diamond. Infact, the dealer is offering some discount if I am ready to pick up a 2010 manufactured car getting registered now. Not sure if it is worth going for this deal. Availability of colors is also a problem on this though but I guess I can pull some strings to check on that. What do you suggest?
MDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 16:07   #174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
Yes, there is a 10k premium on diamond. Infact, the dealer is offering some discount if I am ready to pick up a 2010 manufactured car getting registered now. Not sure if it is worth going for this deal. Availability of colors is also a problem on this though but I guess I can pull some strings to check on that. What do you suggest?
Mine is an olympic white and suggest you go for the same color. IMO, its better looking than the diamond white which over the years may not look too attractive.

If you plan to keep the car for 5 years then dont even think twice. Take the additional discount and get the 2010 manafactured car. A couple of months dont make no difference.

Btw, I am not sure if you went through my ownership thread of Cruze.

It's on following thread. All future queries please post there as I wouldnt want us to go offtopic on this travelogue thread. No offense

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ms-report.html
Old 18th February 2011, 22:03   #175
BHPian

Hey Mobike awesome trip was following this from day 1. Beautifully captured and summarized very well. Recently joined T-BHP and waiting to meet you guys on the 27th for the Shamirpet drive.

Rated this thread 5* truly remarkable.
octane78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2011, 10:25   #176
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane78 View Post
Hey Mobike awesome trip was following this from day 1. Beautifully captured and summarized very well. Recently joined T-BHP and waiting to meet you guys on the 27th for the Shamirpet drive.

Rated this thread 5* truly remarkable.
Thanks. Its so overwhelming to know so many members liked this travelogue. All your comments and wishes would remain special forever
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2011, 03:20   #177
BHPian

Outstanding is the word I choose to describe this thread. Just finished reading it from post 1. Did no work today, just read your thread all day. Lovely pics, excellent narration. Shall plan to do RJ either this year or the next, it looks wonderful.

Would the WA mark its presence on 27 Mar?

MaSh
mashmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2011, 09:29   #178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Would the WA mark its presence on 27 Mar?
Thanks Shobhit.

I am glad you liked the travelogue and the pictures. Hyderabad to Rajasthan would be a good trip and can be easily done if you have 10 days to spare and really worth it considering you get to drive on some of the most fabulous roads.

WA will make her presence felt on March 27th for sure
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2011, 10:01   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Beautiful pictures of your WA.
BTW are you a Duetscheland fan? Me too by way of it being my second home a few years back. I was there on and off for almost 3 years till 2005.

RJ is something which is in my to do list for a long while now. I am not able to fork out a 15 day schedule at the right time for this. Thanks for all the info you have provided.

5*s from me.
Keep tripping and logging

Last edited by laluks : 19th March 2011 at 10:05.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2011, 03:21   #180
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Amazing trip, Amazing Car, Amazing Pictures, Amazing Write up & last but not the least, Amazing Mobike.
I started reading this TL around 2:00Am & now its 3:30 Am, I have traning to attend at 8:00am at Novatel hitex, so my cab comes at 6:00Am, not sure if i can make it to the training.Not blaming your Tl, but its fentabulous, couldnt resist to wait, Had to complete.Finally completed.
joshuakeys is offline   Reply With Quote