Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 18th January 2011, 11:55   #1
Default Photofeast : Bangalore to Hampi.. The last Empire - Now Ruins...

I had been avid follower of Team-Bhp forums for quite 2-3 years , but never Posted.... This is my first Post of Travelogue :

One Day Trip from Bangalore to Hampi :

This one is going to take a while to finish . A couple of teaser pictures for the day...

Teaser Pic : Early Hours on the way to Hampi....
Attached Thumbnails
Photofeast : Bangalore to Hampi.. The last Empire - Now Ruins...-1.jpg  

Photofeast : Bangalore to Hampi.. The last Empire - Now Ruins...-2.jpg  

arun.r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 15:58   #2
Default Re: Photofeast : Bangalore to Hampi.. The last Empire - Now Ruins...

Very nice, lovely start, keep the tempo. I plan to do a Blr-Hampi myself, do share all possible details, like your stay, road, unusual happenings and most of all all your captures
kartikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 18:54   #3

Pray which section of Tungabhadra did you manage such lovely snaps!!

Please also list your camera and lens.

Ragul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 09:56   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice pics buddy ! t-bhp is spoiling me for sure ! The camera bug is biting me BIG time.

One suggestion is that, some of the initial pics are way too big to be coming in the screen - have to scroll laterally. Please reduce the size so that we can see it completely without scrolling !
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 13:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

arun that's some serious gear you have there pal. My personal pick of the whole lot would be this image ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...s-_dsc1382.jpg ) .

That said am waiting to see more of hampi through the D700. Hope you don't keep us waiting and to edit/delete your post please use the REPORT POST feature. One of the mods will look it up ASAP.
rjstyles69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 14:08   #6

Gear: Nikon D700 – 10-24mm, 17-35mm, 24-85mm (all the pics in this post shot with this)
Canon 500D – 50mm, 17-40mm ( my friend Saharsh )

Flashback to schooling days: I have spent my schooling in T.B.Dam, St.Joseph’s School... so almost 10 years over there near to Hampi... i have seen T.B.Dam and Hampi thousands of times...I still remember climbing on many of the Monuments ... and also crossing the T.B.Dam Bridge to other side on cycling all the way...

Flashback to one week Back :- before Trip: I was busy clicking Landover at Auto Show which was held at Palace grounds in Bangalore .I just felt someone disturbing me - asking are you Arun : I Saw back he had Cannon Camera with 50mm Lens in hand. He introduced himself as “Saharsh”, and said he found D700 - 24-85mm f/2.8 Lens so you must be "Arun”, I was just thinking how he could make out.

In fact I posted my camera gear for sale on this as well as other photography forums. We both had some chat regarding Photography and came out slowly. He asked me to drop to nearest Bus stop since he had no Bike .I started walking towards my bike.It was Classic 500 - Bull .His face was lit the very moment he saw me coming out of parking riding BULL.

I dropped him near to bus stop, while leaving he asked if possible for a Trip on weekend, I Just shook my Head and left. Next day I got a call from him and discussed regarding Trip, in the mean time we were on chat - online now and then. The place was decided to be Bijapur - Aihole - Badami - Pattadkall, since I had seen only Bijapur quite long back. It was Friday morning I was on chat ,He asked me if can I alone can drive till Bijapur , I was shocked to see that line, then he slowly said he doesn’t know Driving .. I had already packed my luggage in COLT side bags... and was ready to leave at night. My plan was to leave Friday afternoon reach my hometown late night, halt over there and continue to Bijapur after some rest.

So I immediately realized –I alone can drive 600kms but would be exhausted and not be in a position to click Photos .Up and down around 1500 kms in 2 days - had to be back to office by Tuesday. So dropped the very idea, he called me back in the evening and asked for alternate plan... so we thought of Nandi Hills and sat morning we went to Nandi Hills took some good photos ... while resting at Nandi Hills - he asked me what about by VOLVO to Bijapur - I was bit skeptical as I was interested on going by Bullet itself, we reached home back, I copied all my photos into System and started watermarking ... the pics were so amazing I just decided to go to Hampi..

Booked two Tickets – from Bangalore to Hospet: the bus was at 8:00pm we reached Hospet around 4:00
in the morning, from there we went to one of my cousins house - had fresh up – chat with cousin for some time and left to Hampi – at 5:10 we took my cousin’s Bike .I had huge backpack - with Camera - Tripod and Lenses. I just left Tripod at home since I felt heavy other day and also my cousin warned me about present HAMPI as it is not same as it was 10 years back - it’s like just a Zoo , where u need to see from Distance and not even touch. He told us sunrise will be around 6:00 - we started and left - it was shivering cold after going 2-3 kms out of Town - I realized it was quite dark and started to drive very slowly .after 5-6 kms moving very slowly - on the right side I could barely see pond lit with Street Lights next to the road, stopped over there and spent some time over there - darkness started to give the way... I was amazed by the sight, took our cameras out and started testing different settings on all of my lenses one by one. Sky was bit clear... Clicked some good Pics and left from that place...

We wanted to shoot Stone Chariot first without anyone in the Frame in next 30Mins we reached the point .But we crossed the point and went further not unknowing... Further we came across big Bridge with barricades and Dead end, we stopped Bike took our weapons out and started clicking. It was the best mistake we could do – or could have missed this beauty.

It was the best beautiful frame – I could ever see from the Lens. Clicked some Pics again and left from there. Came back , The guard standing over the entrance point suggested Private vehicles’ are not allowed .we were asked to park the vehicle and wait for Battery operated electrical Vehicles to start - these were used to ferry visitors from entrance to the Temple . Since it was too early - and vehicles’ not ready. We deided to go by walk. The sun started to show up burning. It was very humid
we started to walk towards Temple. We clicked some Pics on the way.

After a short walk we reached Temple - took tickets and entered... it was real bliss to see premises so clean: I still had vague memories of my last visit …took some good clicks ...

Now Let pics Speak :
Attached Images
arun.r is offline   Reply With Quote