Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Closed Thread

Old 1st March 2013, 11:05   #406
BHPian

Default re: Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
In all modesty & humbleness can I ask - have I made it?
Arrey sirji - now i understood the reason behind all the increased touristy traffic in Sariska.

You are the culprit because of your TL - people believe that they will also get to see Tigers in every Safari and so are flocking Sariska... you are causing us all the grief, with Harisingh starting to ask us to not to come as the tickets are all booked and none available :O

heh heh

Sorry sir - just could not resist.

Jokes apart - at least i can say for myself - your TL on Sariska inspired me to start travelling to Sariska again and also it was the inspiration behind me joining tBHP. So many thanks and great going....
sach.sri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 11:15   #407
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2

It is ominous. The latest update on Sariska:

This appeared in today's TOI

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-srska.jpg
Old 4th March 2013, 16:07   #408
Senior - BHPian

Some pics from my side on our last Sariska Trip!!

Entering the jungle. This is the front gypsy with GD, Devdath and others
Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-dsc09124.jpg

Front view of the gypsy. GD is looking thru his camera and Devdath is on his right
Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-dsc09131.jpg
Old 25th March 2013, 22:16   #409
Senior - BHPian

11th March, 2013

Normally I go to Sariska on Sundays only as this being a off day, I could return the same evening and resume work on Monday. But unusually I had an off today (Monday) and I simply zipped off to Sariska to unwind accompanied with wife.

Though heard a few calls, didn't have any sightings. Nothing much to write as well. Posting pictures.

Pond Heron at the Ghaanka water-hole

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-7938.jpg

A pair of Common white-breasted Kingfisher at the Ghaanka water-hole

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-7941.jpg

Crested Serpent eagle far-away at the Ghaanka water-hole

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-7947.jpg

While waiting for Tiger at Goolar Ghoom on the Tehla road saw this Sambar Stag

Approaching cautiously

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-7926.jpg

Turns & looks behind me in full alert mode

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-7932.jpg

I was intently looking at the Sambar & observing. What did he see behind me as we had very thoroughly scanned that area just a few minutes back.

Gives an alarm call & bolts

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-7937.jpg

We waited at that place for almost 40 minutes in silence but nothing emerged. Till date couldn't understand what alarmed him..

Crested Serpent eagle near Pandupol

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-7948.jpg

Rhesus with deformed limbs (arthritis??) at Pandupol

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-7971.jpg

Safety & comfort in Mama's arms

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-7972.jpg

At Pandupol I witnessed a bitter fight between two groups of Langurs. It was a territorial fight for supremacy. This huge Alpha male of one group almost single-handedly chased away the other group.

Alpha male Langur

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-7975.jpg

At Karna ka Baas

A big crocodile sun-bathing

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-7963.jpg

Red-wattled Lapwing

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-7967.jpg

Wood Sandpiper - foraging for food

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-7969.jpg

Little-ringed Plover - angry??

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-922.jpg

Thus ended my this trip of Sariska. Hope you enjoy the pictures..!
gd1418 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 14:06   #410
BHPian

Interesting pics GD sir. Wonder what spooked that stag! And that croc seems to be looking directly at you, inviting you to come & play.

Quote:
At Pandupol I witnessed a bitter fight between two groups of Langurs. It was a territorial fight for supremacy. This huge Alpha male of one group almost single-handedly chased away the other group.
Reminds me of a fight I saw between two Langurs and monkeys in Kasauli. Initially, two monkeys were lazing around and got shooed away by coupla langurs. To our surprise, they came back with their group and beat the living hell outta the two langurs. It was proper bollywood style, with a few monkeys holding down the langur's limbs and the two slapping them non stop!
lordofgondor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 19:44   #411
Senior - BHPian

Still wondering what spooked that Sambar stag. It couldn't have been us. He had seen us approaching and then went back to grazing. He passed in front of my jeep. Had he been alarmed by us then would have not come near the jeep.

Yes indeed the croc was inviting me to his lair. I very politely declined the invite citing "unavoidable circumstances".

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post

Interesting pics GD sir. Wonder what spooked that stag! And that croc seems to be looking directly at you, inviting you to come & play.
The monkeys must have seen some Amrish Puri movies, I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post

Reminds me of a fight I saw between two Langurs and monkeys in Kasauli. Initially, two monkeys were lazing around and got shooed away by coupla langurs. To our surprise, they came back with their group and beat the living hell outta the two langurs. It was proper bollywood style, with a few monkeys holding down the langur's limbs and the two slapping them non stop!
Old 27th March 2013, 22:03   #412
Senior - BHPian

My official project ended on 23rd Mar, 2013 and I had to unwind. What better way other than visiting the jungle. I have not yet planned for Ranthambhore as still the tourist season is going on there and bookings are full. I plan to go sometime in mid-May and then in June when the chaff gets separated from the wheat..!

I called Harisingh and informed him about my plan. He gave a heartening news - ST6 was sighted on 22nd evening by about 8-9 jeeps in the Taarunda area. Since the parks opened in October 2012, I've had no sightings of the Tiger in Sariska till date.

This was some good news. I expected ST6 to stay around.

I got a call in the evening from Harisingh and he suggested that I should defer my visit to 1st week of April as ST6 was found to be heading towards the Baghaani area. This generally meant that he would now climb down only after three days. On a hunch I asked him as to when did ST6 make a kill last. He told me that it has been about 4 days since he had made a kill. This meant that this bloke was hungry and sooner or later would make a kill.

Though Baghaani area had a prey base, it isn't as populated as Ghaanka or Taarunda is. Secondly, Baghaani is hilly and sparse hence stealth stalking is difficult. I finished the conversation saying Tiger or no Tiger, I'm determined to come and a lot more can happen in the entire night. Nobody was accompanying me. I was going alone (it suits me too).

Set my alarm for 2:30 am, gathered my gear, topped up the gas tank in TB II (The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4) and was all set.

24th March, 2013

Got up in a flash when the alarm rang, had a nice warm shower, loaded 4 bottles of frozen drinking water in the Ice-box and was ready to roll. The clock showed 3:20 am. I was expecting a leisurely drive with an ETA of 5:45 am at Sariska.

Man proposes, God disposes. How very apt..!

No sooner that I crossed the Manesar toll on NH8, I hit a major traffic jam - lines & lines of trucks & trailers. Forget crawling, they were not moving an inch. Driving a 4x4 I had no worry about going in the rough on the extreme left so as to reach in the front as far as possible. But then you can go only that much and no more. Well the jam was on the carriageway to Jaipur; the traffic was zipping on the other carriageway. Shut down the engine and the lights and waited. The clock was ticking away. Here I discovered my folly. Howsoever meticulously you prepare, one is bound to forget an item or two.

I had forgotten to carry along the mosquito repellant. Wearing a T-shirt & shorts also added to the problem. Mosquitos attacked my feet with abandon and made life miserable. Switiching on the AC and rubbing camphor on the feet didn't help either. Seething inside, I suffered.

Normally, I reach Dharuhera by 4:30 and am at Sariska by 6. But here the clock showed 4:15 and I was nowhere near Dharuhera. I thought of calling Harisingh and cancel the visit, but held on. The traffic started moving around 4:30 and weaving in & out I reached a clearing and here I saw the cause of the jam - two trailers had collided in the middle of the road thus blocking the entire carriageway. Traffic was being diverted through a rough and that was difficult for the huge trailers & trucks.

I heavily cursed NHAI & the State transport authorities for not yet completing the expansion work on NH8.

Anyway, I surged ahead and had to do some aggressive driving and at speeds that I normally don't do and do not approve of either. Reached Bhiwadi at 5 and hit the mega-highway. Saw a difference; whereas earlier in winters the road was deserted and devoid of any traffic, the warmer weather resulted in traffic. Farmers were coming out of the villages in their tractors and all the small tea-shops etc., on the road-sides that remained closed earlier were full of life.

This meant that in the coming days as the dawn would break earlier, increased activity could be seen.

Harisingh had wanted me to be there by 6 or 6:15. The vehicle's watch showed 5:45 about 27 kms before the Alwar by-pass. I had touched speeds of 130+ kmph on the highway.

Called Harisingh and said that I was getting delayed and explained him the reason. He asked me to come by 7 am and I told him to be ready with all formalities and park the gypsy where I normally park my car at the reception. I parked my car at 6:50. Voila...!

to be continued.../-

Last edited by gd1418 : 27th March 2013 at 22:07.
Old 28th March 2013, 00:50   #413
Senior - BHPian

Harisingh had kept everything ready and was waiting. I loaded my gear in the gypsy and headed to the entrance gate. While the entries were being made, enquired around and found out that ST3 (tigress) was seen last evening by the forest guard of Ghaanka post going towards Udaynath and ST6 was somewhere near the Ghaanka post as he had heard him roaring.

This was a fantastic piece of information. We decided to go straight to Ghaanka only rather than roaming in other areas. As we neared the Ghaanka water-hole saw across the water-body these sentry Langurs who were sitting on a branch with their backs facing and alert. This indicated the presence of a predator in the vicinity and raised my hopes.

Langurs on a watch at the Ghaanka water-hole

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-930.jpg

Waited here for a few minutes to observe & then headed towards the Ghaanka post. As we neared the post, saw the resident guard & his wife walking towards the main trail. We stopped and asked about any sightings and he responded: "for the last 30 minutes alarm call for ST6 is going on". I asked him that the call is going on and you & your wife walking with abandon? He said the call is from the front hill. His so very casual attitude surprised me.

Ghaanka Post area

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-947.jpg

In this area only two water-holes are available - one the Ghaanka water-hole where the Langurs were keeping a watch and the other at Kaalakund on the hill that was further away. ST6 was known to favour this water-hole as this was on a hill, secluded and inaccessible. We decided to head there. The guard & his wife hopped on to my jeep as they wanted to take a lift till there.

Due to some violent geological activity many many years ago, the hill range teared apart creating a depression where water accumulated making it a natural water-hole. This part of the hill is called Phytagora and the water-hole as Kaalakund.

Phytagora hill & Kaalakund

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-949.jpg

Parked here in shade bang opposite Kaalakund and waited. Two jeeps had followed us and they too were waiting. One of the jeeps had a child who periodically let out a wail. I could only grind my teeth and bear it.

The forest tracking team for ST6 arrived at 7:45 to take a signal reading. They are supposed to track, get signal and report back to HQ the position of the Cat. The signal pointed towards the water-hole. They reported to the base at 8 am. There was nothing to do but wait. But with every passing minute and the Sun getting warmer, appearance of ST6 got bleaker & bleaker. If he was in a shade he would not come out.

Heard a jet passing high above in the sky.

Jet plane (Airbus) flying over

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-7979.jpg

Till then I had not noticed what a danger lurked above my head. It was only when I photographed the aeroplane that I saw this.

Bee-hive

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-7984.jpg

Nectar gathering Honey-bees were seen leaving the hive and coming back. What if they got disturbed and attacked??

The tracking party took another signal reading at 9 am and it showed the Cat's location the same. They left saying it would come back at 10. The exit time for us from the jungle was 10:30. Now confirmed that ST6 wouldn't venture we left for exit via Karna ka Baas.

Saw some beautiful birds and a couple hitherto unseen in Sariska by me before.

Bar-headed Geese

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-934.jpg

Little Grebe

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-944.jpg

Black-headed Ibis

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-8010.jpg

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-945.jpg

Black Drongo

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-7987.jpg

Angry?

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-7998.jpg

Brahminy Ducks

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-8012.jpg

White Wagtail (not seen before)

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-7989.jpg

Eurasian Collared Dove (not seen before)

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-8002.jpg

Breeding Plummage or making a call?

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-8001.jpg

Pied Myna or the Asian Pied Starling (not seen before)

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-8005.jpg

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-938.jpg

Thus ended the morning safari. Harisingh asked me to come back by 2:30 pm and we decided to go back to the same place and stake-out.

to be continued.../-

Last edited by gd1418 : 28th March 2013 at 00:55.
gd1418 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2013, 01:38   #414
Senior - BHPian

Spent the next four hours at the Gulmohar Resorts in Viratnagar and while going there on the way picked-up a small tube of Odomos mosquito repellant cream.

Came back by 2:30 pm to the reception and the jeep was ready. Straightaway drove to Phytagora/Kaalakund and parked at the same place as in the morning. Ours was the only jeep. In about a hour's time the same tracking team on a M/cycle came to take the signal and report to the base at 4 pm.

My regular driver Rajinder & his jeep has been taken by the Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun hence I had a new driver Jagdish with me. Actually he & his brother have also driven me a couple of times in the past when Rajinder wasn't available.

Jagdish took the antenna from the tracking party and searched for the signal.

Locating ST6 - Jagdish on the extreme right

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-8017.jpg

Sure enough the signal came from the Kaalakund area. It meant that ST6 had not stirred from there the whole day. The tracking party relayed the position to the base.

We waited & waited. If ST6 came down from the hill, this was the track it would appear on.

The track down the hill

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-8014.jpg

As time passed the weather got cooler. I scanned the hill where Leopards have been seen & known to come and sit on the rocks.

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-8015.jpg

No sign of them. Meanwhile the RT set of the tracking party crackled to announce that the ACF was on his way here with his guests. They were coming for ST6. Good news. The waiting continued. It was 5:30 pm and the Cat had not stirred. I had to leave the jungle by 6. Envied the ACF & his guests as they could stay on till 7 pm. Surprisingly within a few minutes the ACF left. I decided to wait till 5:50. Nothing at all happened. Returned back a bit disappointed.

On my return journey I had this time planned to take a different route hitherto unexplored by me. Somebody had suggested this route.

The route that I normally take is GGN - NH8 to Dharuhera - Bhiwadi - Tijara - Alwar by-pass - Sariska. The return journey is also on the same route.

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-bhiwadidharuhera.jpg

Reaching Dharuhera from GGN & from Dharuhera to GGN has always been a nightmare. The time I take to reach Bhiwadi from Alwar is almost the same that I take to cover the last 50 odd kms to GGN from Bhiwadi.

Today I explored a new route after I got stuck in a massive truck jam right after the Manesar toll in the morning (almost 1.2 hrs) and previously at shajapur on my return on 11th.

This was the Bhiwadi - Taoru - Sohna - Bhondsi - GGN route.

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-bhiwaditaoru.jpg

Though longer by about 10 kms, I reached home in about an hour after having my dinner at Haldiram, Bhiwadi. I had left Alwar at 7:30 and by 11 pm was home. After a brief good patch of about 9 kms from Bhiwadi to Taoru, the road degenerates with craters. And then after you cross Taoru it is a 4-lane + 2 lane and when you turn left from Sohna towards Bhondsi it is a dream 4 lane.

But do watch for the speed breakers as there is are no road signs to announce their presence. If they carpet the bad patch, this would be a dream run. I am mentally preparing myself to brave this bad patch. If I can then this shall be my route to Sariska/R
anthambhore & back in the future.

Thus ended my this trip to Sariska.

p.s.: Harisingh called me on Tuesday morning. He saw ST6 on Monday evening near the Ghaanka Post. He had made a kill at Kaalakund and was sitting on it. Hence did not move from there at all.

Last edited by gd1418 : 28th March 2013 at 01:43.
gd1418 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 21:26   #415
BHPian

GD Sir,

I have been reading your travelogue for a while now.
Had my TBHP membership approved a few days back so I take the opportunity to write on this thread.
Your pictures kind of inspired me to visit Sariska and I did during the 1st weekend of March. I just loved the terrain and the jungle.
No sightings. I am not complaining.
Plan to go back sometime this month again.

Cheers,
Old 2nd April 2013, 13:17   #416
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for appreciating & liking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post

GD Sir,

I have been reading your travelogue for a while now.
Had my TBHP membership approved a few days back so I take the opportunity to write on this thread.
Your pictures kind of inspired me...
One of the very few who visit a jungle to enjoy, otherwise most are Tigercentric. If you plan then do let me know the date(s) in advance. I can set you up with my guide & driver.

Would appreciate if you can summarise your experience from NOIDA and back along with photgraphs if any. Though I've written extenively about Sariska, a different perspective always helps and quite possibly you may document certain things that may & could have missed the attention of others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post

to visit Sariska and I did during the 1st weekend of March. I just loved the terrain and the jungle.
No sightings. I am not complaining.
Plan to go back sometime this month again.

Cheers,

Last edited by gd1418 : 2nd April 2013 at 13:21.
Old 2nd April 2013, 15:07   #417

Brilliant Write-up GD! (As usual, I may add).

Has there been any improvement in the road from Siliserh towards Sariska? The last time I went there with you in Jun 2012, it was quite bad - and we were told by the Forest guards that they do not intend repairing it 'to discourage trucks' from using it as a short-cut!

Lovely pics of the not-so-common birds.
Old 3rd April 2013, 11:49   #418
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Sharad for liking. Its almost a year since we have done the trip again together. Does the coming Sunday suit you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Lancer View Post

Brilliant Write-up GD! (As usual, I may add).

Lovely pics of the not-so-common birds.
The road from Siliserh towards Sariska was generally good with only the last few kilometers to the reception area giving the Lunar surface a run for the money.

Now with lots of agitation by the villagers (sometimes violent) has resulted in a paved & tarred road even of the last few kms. But what they have done is to ban all heavy vehicles except the ST buses & emergency vehicles on that road. Now those heavy vehicles have to detour either from Thanagazi or Kushalgarh on either side.

I guess I've mentioned all about this in my earlier posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Lancer View Post

Has there been any improvement in the road from Siliserh towards Sariska? The last time I went there with you in Jun 2012, it was quite bad - and we were told by the Forest guards that they do not intend repairing it 'to discourage trucks' from using it as a short-cut!

Last edited by gd1418 : 3rd April 2013 at 11:51.
Old 3rd April 2013, 13:49   #419
BHPian

That's an extensive write up of a beautiful park, Sariska.
Seems like you know it like the back of your palm.
Liked the photographs though would like you the check the histogram,
many have blown out highlights or black out darks.
Old 3rd April 2013, 13:56   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for appreciating & liking.

One of the very few who visit a jungle to enjoy, otherwise most are Tigercentric. If you plan then do let me know the date(s) in advance. I can set you up with my guide & driver.

Would appreciate if you can summarise your experience from NOIDA and back along with photgraphs if any. Though I've written extenively about Sariska, a different perspective always helps and quite possibly you may document certain things that may & could have missed the attention of others.
Thank you sir. I will let you know as and when I plan a trip this month. Help wrt guide and drive would be much appreciated.

We visited Sariska on the 2nd of March. Stayed there for the night and left after lunch on the 3rd. We did the afternoon safari on Saturday and the morning safari on Sunday.
Stayed at RTDC Tiger Den. There are very few positives about this place other than the location. The place was full on that weekend and the lesser said about the service, the better.
Left our place at around 5:30 am, had to pick a friend up from South Delhi where I got delayed by about half and hour and finally left his place at around 6:30. Thankfully did not run into much traffic till about McD Manesar. My friend wanted breakfast at McD's hence a 25 minute halt there and off we were and straight into a traffic jam. Past the chaos at IMT Manesar, the rest of the route on NH8 and then on SH25 to Alwar was pretty clean. The quality of roads to Alwar is pretty good and then we left SH25 to take SH13 to Alwar which is pretty much the regular route.
The quality of roads from Alwar to Sariska wasnt that great. Couple of nasty speed breakers and in general broken roads took us to Sariska by 11:30.
The place where you leave the main road and take the track towards tiger den/main gate was choc a bloc with the protesting villagers that weekend. Checked in.
I had my safari bookings done through the RTDC website and then I went to their office with the documents. I figured out that unless you have a booking for the entire jeep you need to wait to share it with someone or else book the entire gypsy which i was contemplating when we found a nice couple who too were looking for a gypsy. Both the safaris went well.
My first observation when I went on the Saturday safari was that it is best that we avoid visiting on Saturdays. That is because entry is made free to Sariska for visitors of the Hanuman temple. As a result there was a lot of traffic on the main road as you enter the reserve.
Coming back we took the same route only making a stop at Siliserh Lake. The total driving time while coming back was approximately 4 1/2 hours to Delhi.
For my next trip I plan to do a single day trip as you have been doing as preferably on a Sunday.
Will upload a few pictures here soon.
Closed Thread