Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 21st April 2011, 12:24   #46
BHPian

Default Re: The South Western Drive : Valparai - Nelliampathi - Parambikulam - Kodai

Wow! This is one of the best photologues I've come across!
Ultimate pics MadBiker! totally loved them
And how do you expect anyone to believe you are a newbie at photography?
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 14:23   #47
BHPian

Default Re: The South Western Drive : Valparai - Nelliampathi - Parambikulam - Kodai

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Wow! This is one of the best photologues I've come across!
Ultimate pics MadBiker! totally loved them
Thanks! Glad you liked the Travelogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
And how do you expect anyone to believe you are a newbie at photography?
Well, Frankly I'm Nothing when compared to the giants here (As you could very well see in other T'logs / Non-Auto Images). I'm still learning and yet, there is so much to learn and practice. Thanks for reading.
MadBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 14:29   #48
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Re: The South Western Drive : Valparai - Nelliampathi - Parambikulam - Kodai

Wonderful travelogue and pics, MadBiker ! Nice narration as well

The "Rat-tail falls" pic is amazing...from which spot did you shoot that photo? When I had been to Kodai, there was a view spot from where we could see the falls, but it was quite far. Just wondering if you took it from the same view spot (with a good zoom lens), or some other spot which was closer to the falls.

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 21st April 2011 at 14:31.
Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 15:55   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Wonderful travelogue and pics, MadBiker ! Nice narration as well

The "Rat-tail falls" pic is amazing...from which spot did you shoot that photo? When I had been to Kodai, there was a view spot from where we could see the falls, but it was quite far. Just wondering if you took it from the same view spot (with a good zoom lens), or some other spot which was closer to the falls.
Thanks.. It was the same spot, I had used the zoom lens (70-300mm) for that picture. I was told, One has to trek to the falls and there is no motorized route to reach the falls.
Old 21st April 2011, 16:05   #50
BHPian

Boss

I must compliment you on your phtographic skills, simply awesome. I can understand your parents restlessness while you were clicking away to glory, I have sufferred the same.

Subs
subs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 20:08   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subs View Post
Boss

I must compliment you on your phtographic skills, simply awesome. I can understand your parents restlessness while you were clicking away to glory, I have sufferred the same.

Subs

My parents are not so used to traveling with me, or the number of shots i take in every place we stop... hence their restlessness!

And, Thanks for liking.
Old 22nd April 2011, 13:02   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBiker View Post
Thank You so much! I have some more pictures, would post them sometime tomorrow. Thanks for reading.
Would love to see them, Exceptional pictures.

You have made use of the various camera lens brilliantly.
ranjith.rajaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2011, 13:18   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith.rajaram View Post
Would love to see them, Exceptional pictures.

You have made use of the various camera lens brilliantly.
Ranjith, I had posted the additional pictures in the next post itself..

If you had missed it - Here it is : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2246690 (The South Western Drive : Valparai - Nelliampathi - Parambikulam - Kodai)

Thanks for liking
Old 22nd April 2011, 23:41   #54
BHPian

Hi, I had been to valparai, athirampalli, kodai but never knew about those small towns and village names you had mentioned and the routes you took. I took a note of them and will try at the next possible oppurtunity. As all of them said, nice photos
Regards,
Dinesh
ndinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2011, 00:05   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
Hi, I had been to valparai, athirampalli, kodai but never knew about those small towns and village names you had mentioned and the routes you took. I took a note of them and will try at the next possible oppurtunity. As all of them said, nice photos
Regards,
Dinesh
Thanks Dinesh.. I did not take any new route, Just the normal route - Google Maps is the way to go if at all you need any new route suggestions or drop a message to Mr.Invincible - H V Kumar

Good luck for your trip too..
Old 31st July 2013, 19:08   #56

I am planning to drive to Parambikulam from Thrissur in end-August. I will be driving from the Tamil Nadu side, i.e., through Top Slip. Can somebody tell me the best route to reach Top Slip and Parambikulam? I was told that I have to get off NH 47 at Vadakkenchery.

I have booked a tent in Parambikulam. Where are these tents located, and how to reach this site?
ChocoRitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 20:11   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoRitz View Post
I am planning to drive to Parambikulam from Thrissur in end-August. I will be driving from the Tamil Nadu side, i.e., through Top Slip. Can somebody tell me the best route to reach Top Slip and Parambikulam? I was told that I have to get off NH 47 at Vadakkenchery.

I have booked a tent in Parambikulam. Where are these tents located, and how to reach this site?
Thrissur - Pattikkad - Vadakkenjerry - Kollengode - Sethumadai - TopSlip - Parambikulam

Route Map: http://goo.gl/maps/9z3AV
Old 31st July 2013, 20:22   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoRitz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBiker View Post
Thrissur - Pattikkad - Vadakkenjerry - Kollengode - Sethumadai - TopSlip - Parambikulam

Route Map: http://goo.gl/maps/9z3AV
That section is quite bad these days. A better option would be :

Trichur-Wadakkachery-Pazhyannur-Alathur-Kollengode-Sethumadai.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 20:50   #59

Thanks MadBiker and Ampere. I understand that it is the Kuthiran stretch that is in bad shape and beyond that, once I move off NH 47 the road is decent. Is that true? If that is the case then I may as well prepare and rough out this 20 km. I have done the Pazhayannur-Alathur detour before. It takes rather long time to negotiate.
ChocoRitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 10:39   #60
BHPian

@Madbiker - Awesome pics mate. Though Valparai is beautiful, it looks even beautiful through your third eye!

And next time when you plan to ride there, I will join you for sure. Do let me know
thecdkfactor is offline   Reply With Quote