Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 2nd March 2011, 14:51   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Magnificent Pench !

Note the white contrasting bark of the ghost tree (middle).
Magnificent Pench !-img_0391.jpg
The lower half is reflection in water.
Magnificent Pench !-img_3342.jpg
Mid day hues.
Magnificent Pench !-img_3409.jpg
Serenity revisited.
Magnificent Pench !-img_0317.jpg
On the prowl (this is another jungle cat not posted before)
Magnificent Pench !-img_3469.jpg
Afternoon musings.
Magnificent Pench !-img_3500.jpg

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 2nd March 2011 at 14:53.
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 13:18   #92
BHPian

Sir,
Since the time we have been back from Pench me and my hubby watch your pictures and keep placing them in the locations that we would have seen in the forest.
They are like a replay to our memories of the safaris we took in Pench.
Thank You for sharing
Regards
Coooolcat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 17:33   #93
Senior - BHPian

Angry Re: Magnificent Pench !

Fazal bhai,

Fantastic Captures. No tiger Pictures!http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/icons/icon8.gif
dwaraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 18:32   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coooolcat21 View Post
Sir,
Since the time we have been back from Pench me and my hubby watch your pictures and keep placing them in the locations that we would have seen in the forest.
They are like a replay to our memories of the safaris we took in Pench.
Thank You for sharing
Regards
Coooolcat21,
Tell your husband, I also want you to know that I am honored and humbled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Fazal bhai,

Fantastic Captures. No tiger Pictures!http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/icons/icon8.gif

dwaraka,

"No tiger pictures" what do you mean???
The flavor of the month is forests and not tigers.
Regards,
Old 4th March 2011, 19:01   #95

Each Species and animals anotomy differs, it could be the Larynx. I have on record(video) two Dholes being separated from their pack and were desparate and searching, all they could do was whine and make a sound like how a young dog or pup does calling its mother or master.
Dev D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 15:34   #96
BHPian

Heard a lot about you and your experience with Abheek. Your wildlife addiction is incredible. Superb photographs. Wow. It would be a great pleasure to experience jungle with you Sir.

I think, you have displayed Pench very thoroughly. Great job Sir.
Subrat Seet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 06:56   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
Heard a lot about you and your experience with Abheek. Your wildlife addiction is incredible. Superb photographs. Wow. It would be a great pleasure to experience jungle with you Sir.

I think, you have displayed Pench very thoroughly. Great job Sir.
Subrat,
Thank you, Unfortunately Dr. Ghosh and I have been together in jungles just twice, so many programmes canceled in between the two meets.

At home, I have one wife and two kids to come back to...or else I would be a visitor to Hyderabad and my home would be elsewhere in the wild. My whole family is addicted to wildlife and jungles, just a mention...my daughter who now is seven has been in jungles with us ever since she was a three month old baby.

Hope to meet you too and together experience the wild. Actually, there are quite a few BHPian's I would love to be with, in the jungles of India.
Regards,
Old 9th March 2011, 10:13   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Subrat,
Thank you, Unfortunately Dr. Ghosh and I have been together in jungles just twice, so many programmes canceled in between the two meets.

At home, I have one wife and two kids to come back to...or else I would be a visitor to Hyderabad and my home would be elsewhere in the wild. My whole family is addicted to wildlife and jungles, just a mention...my daughter who now is seven has been in jungles with us ever since she was a three month old baby.

Hope to meet you too and together experience the wild. Actually, there are quite a few BHPian's I would love to be with, in the jungles of India.
Regards,
Sir, we have lots of similarities. I too have two daughters (5 years and 2 years). All are travel freaks. Been to many places like snow peaked mountains, hill stations and sea etc. etc. When the younger was six months old we had taken her to Rohtang, Manali. During my November 2010 trip to Bandhavgarh, elder one clicked tiger with my Nikon Coolpix 5000 (P & S). After experiencing jungle, now they do not want to experience snow, hill station and sea. They want more of wild experience.

About me: Rotting in the concrete jungle (Mumbai) and booring banking. Given a chance, would love to spend entire life in the wilderness.

Thanks

Subrat
Subrat Seet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 21:57   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
Sir, we have lots of similarities. I too have two daughters (5 years and 2 years). All are travel freaks. Been to many places like snow peaked mountains, hill stations and sea etc. etc. When the younger was six months old we had taken her to Rohtang, Manali. During my November 2010 trip to Bandhavgarh, elder one clicked tiger with my Nikon Coolpix 5000 (P & S). After experiencing jungle, now they do not want to experience snow, hill station and sea. They want more of wild experience.

About me: Rotting in the concrete jungle (Mumbai) and booring banking. Given a chance, would love to spend entire life in the wilderness.

Thanks

Subrat
Subrat,
The worst part of a trip to a forest, is the return back to city, it is so depressing the noise, pollution, traffic etc. We still are lucky and privileged to have whatever forests left in India, by default or just luck.

This generation of kids could in all probability be the last to see the the free roaming big cats.

At the rate the forest are shrinking is alarming and the last chance to change or reverse it is lost.
Regards,
Old 10th March 2011, 09:39   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Subrat,
The worst part of a trip to a forest, is the return back to city, it is so depressing the noise, pollution, traffic etc. We still are lucky and privileged to have whatever forests left in India, by default or just luck.

This generation of kids could in all probability be the last to see the the free roaming big cats.

At the rate the forest are shrinking is alarming and the last chance to change or reverse it is lost.
Regards,
Sir, Its human nature to take privilege for granted which is sad. Indeed we are lucky to cherrish what Earth is all about.
Good thing is that with our passion we can help understand our family and neighbours about it.
Definately, it would be not the year 2020 like terminator or 2050 like harman baweja's movie but there will be a time when THE day will come. Sadly, it's all about what we learnt back in school, "survival of the fittest" and we the humans are on top of the pyramid (a privilege)

Last edited by nomadabhi : 10th March 2011 at 09:53. Reason: additions
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2011, 09:42   #101
DKG
Senior - BHPian

I would urge some of you extraordinary photographers to now start documenting the damage and threats that loom large over the continuation of these very forests we are so passionately documenting.

The story that really needs to be told over and over again is that of the decimation of India's natural heritage. Sadly, and this is a conclusion I have come to after a lot of effort to elicit a response from powers that control these environs, there just isn't enough alarm in this country on what is being damaged permanently.

Perhaps forums like these can mobilise a lobby effort toward preservation of forests and wildlife.
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2011, 09:56   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
I would urge some of you extraordinary photographers to now start documenting the damage and threats that loom large over the continuation of these very forests we are so passionately documenting.

The story that really needs to be told over and over again is that of the decimation of India's natural heritage. Sadly, and this is a conclusion I have come to after a lot of effort to elicit a response from powers that control these environs, there just isn't enough alarm in this country on what is being damaged permanently.

Perhaps forums like these can mobilise a lobby effort toward preservation of forests and wildlife.
DKG, this is where my thread got the "title" and you will soon see the concerns I discussed with Abheek Sir and steps to over come as the thread unfold.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...see-pench.html (For how long we will be able to see Pench...?)

Last edited by nomadabhi : 10th March 2011 at 10:07.
Old 10th March 2011, 09:58   #103
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
DKG, this is where my thread got the "title" and you will soon see the concerns I discussed with Abheek Sir and steps to over come as the thread unfold.
which thread is this? we can all contribute points and suggestions on improving the scenario and collectively devise a method to address the threats
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2011, 10:39   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
which thread is this? we can all contribute points and suggestions on improving the scenario and collectively devise a method to address the threats
It is here;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...see-pench.html (For how long we will be able to see Pench...?)
Old 10th March 2011, 13:13   #105
Senior - BHPian

Deepak,
India's total forests are a mere 4% of the country's land mass, is this enough to sound an alarm??

Now, for the vote bank, we are giving title deeds to tribals thus legalizing forest land illegally occupied years back, comprising lakhs of acres in A.P. alone.

You know what happened in A.P. in 2009-10 after the government announced its above plans and the chain reaction that followed...thousand of acres were grabbed and trees felled in anticipation of future legalization. Does this too not ring alarm bells for the authorities concerned?
Are they concerned?
Regards,

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 10th March 2011 at 13:17.