Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 11th February 2011, 09:53   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Solo drive from Chandigarh to Kanyakumari and back -Part 1

Hey Janjua - Pretty nice and interesting one to read. The best part is that you could cover the entire bit in one post.

Look forward to the interesting return journey. Please add more snippets of your experience at different places like Tolls,Pumps, Hotels etc.. Am sure you had a super time all through this journey
jkrishnakj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2011, 10:00   #17
BHPian

Awesome travelogue Janjua. I was waiting for your travelogue sine you posted your query on Team-BHP about your plans.

I've already done Bangalore-Kanyakumari trip last year and this year, I'm planning to do Bangalore-Pune-Ahmedabad-Delhi-Gwalior-Jabalpur-Nagpur-Bangalore trip and may be extend to Vaishno Devi as well.

One small suggestion while writing travelogue, please give enough space between two paragraphs so that reading is more entertaining.
micrographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2011, 11:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Janjua > First of all Congrats !!

This is really a wonderful achievement,i too have a plan to do Chennai>Goa>Mumbai>Delhi some time in my life .

i do know how tough it is to drive Solo on a long distance.But i know there is a little happiness in that too.Just You and Your CAR winding road...

But i will be annoyed if i hit bad road during such trip (if i Ever go on one)

BTW did have any patch of bad roads where you were kicking your self for this trip?

Another fact i love about your trip was Your CAR,Seeing the headline i thought it would be a Skoda/Honda/H-Verna/Toyota or some luxury car,but MAN you went in your Esteem

My Dad too has the same Colour n model of esteem and i just love the way it drives.In fact Dad had a 1000 for 5yrs and sold it in 2000 to get Santro and Now again 2005 Esteem

BTW how many Kms had your car done before the day of trip?
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2011, 11:42   #19
BHPian

Janjua - What a drive! Take a bow sir.
This is such a inspiring thread to read.Hats of to you for having driven alone to such amazing destinations.A true BHPian!
hallik9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2011, 12:17   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janjua View Post
Hello Doc.

Thank you for your kind words.
We should do a road-trip together soon. It would be great fun.
Regards, Kaku.
yes sure i was contemplating a trip to imphal manipur by road
but will fly back from there
after making a neat profit by selling the car there
will keep you posted
eyedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2011, 19:24   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Hey Janjua - Pretty nice and interesting one to read. The best part is that you could cover the entire bit in one post.

Look forward to the interesting return journey. Please add more snippets of your experience at different places like Tolls,Pumps, Hotels etc.. Am sure you had a super time all through this journey
Hello jkrishankj.

Thanks. I surely had the time of my life doing this trip. My return journey write up is coming up. Hope you like that one too.

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
Awesome travelogue Janjua. I was waiting for your travelogue sine you posted your query on Team-BHP about your plans.

I've already done Bangalore-Kanyakumari trip last year and this year, I'm planning to do Bangalore-Pune-Ahmedabad-Delhi-Gwalior-Jabalpur-Nagpur-Bangalore trip and may be extend to Vaishno Devi as well.

One small suggestion while writing travelogue, please give enough space between two paragraphs so that reading is more entertaining.
Hello micrographics.

Thank you for following my posts. All the best for your road-trip. I am sure you will have a swell time.
Regarding my write up, I am trying to edit my post but am unable to find the edit button! I wanted to describe some of the photographs.

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Janjua > First of all Congrats !!

This is really a wonderful achievement,i too have a plan to do Chennai>Goa>Mumbai>Delhi some time in my life .

i do know how tough it is to drive Solo on a long distance.But i know there is a little happiness in that too.Just You and Your CAR winding road...

But i will be annoyed if i hit bad road during such trip (if i Ever go on one)

BTW did have any patch of bad roads where you were kicking your self for this trip?

Another fact i love about your trip was Your CAR,Seeing the headline i thought it would be a Skoda/Honda/H-Verna/Toyota or some luxury car,but MAN you went in your Esteem

My Dad too has the same Colour n model of esteem and i just love the way it drives.In fact Dad had a 1000 for 5yrs and sold it in 2000 to get Santro and Now again 2005 Esteem

BTW how many Kms had your car done before the day of trip?
Hello joshguy.

Super thanks for the heartening appreciation of my road-trip.
I wish you all the best for your proposed trip and i hope it happens soon. You are in for a treat of your life once you are on the road.
Frankly, I enjoyed my drive so much, that I did not find it hard to drive approximately 15 hours every day. Other than my heels, I was in fine fettle throughout.
I had my share of super-bad roads when I crossed MP. Horrendous is a lighter word to describe driving through that state. I strongly advice against driving through MP as of now. Will post my experience in my return journey blog.
I love my Esteem. It is a superb vehicle. I did not once encounter any problem all along the way. The car has been very kind to me. Love it. It had done 82000 Kms when I started the trip.

Will keep you guys posted.

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
Janjua - What a drive! Take a bow sir.
This is such a inspiring thread to read.Hats of to you for having driven alone to such amazing destinations.A true BHPian!

Hello hallik9.

Thank you very much. It gladdens my heart to know that my effort is appreciated. Team-BHP has truely been a source of inspiration to me and fellow BHPian's like you make the experience all the more enjoyable.
Take care.

Regards.

Last edited by Dippy : 11th February 2011 at 20:37. Reason: back to back posts. Please use the multi quote option instead of creating back to back posts. Thanks
Janjua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2011, 22:06   #22
BHPian

Oops just found out. One can edit a post within the first 20 minutes of posting the write up. Man, I have been looking for the 'edit' button for quite some time. Now it makes sense.
I never knew this and will be careful when I post my next write up
Old 11th February 2011, 22:16   #23
Senior - BHPian

@Janjua - Simpy Amazing. Do not have words. Doing this long stretch alone in 4 days . Considering that you were the only one in the car you have done a good job of capturing snaps as well . Keep it going.
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2011, 22:39   #24
BHPian

Congrats Janjua, really awesome.

Btw, did you take the poll on the longest solo journeys on tbhp? You sure have a very good chance to be the No.1 on the list.
ajman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2011, 23:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I love my Esteem. It is a superb vehicle. I did not once encounter any problem all along the way. The car has been very kind to me. Love it. It had done 82000 Kms when I started the trip.
What a coincidence our esteem also has done 80k kms
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 01:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Awesome road trip Dude and that too solo. As mentioned by Ajman i think yours would be the longest solo trip on TBHP , it sure takes some guts/leaves/passion/money/support from family and to top it all a nice car to do a feat like this

BTW im in the same league as you with the following long distance trips under my belt besides trips to Amritsar, vaishno devi , Manali etc
  • Delhi - Goa - Delhi in my Alto with a non stop dash from Goa to Delhi in flat 43 hours ( Me and my brother )
  • Delhi - Udaipur - Mumbai - Goa - Karnataka - Delhi in my Spark ( Me , my wife and my brother )
Would stay hooked on for your return journey details.
harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 09:55   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
@Janjua - Simpy Amazing. Do not have words. Doing this long stretch alone in 4 days . Considering that you were the only one in the car you have done a good job of capturing snaps as well . Keep it going.
Hello amitwlele.

Thank you very much for the kind words.

Regards.
Old 12th February 2011, 09:59   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post
Congrats Janjua, really awesome.

Btw, did you take the poll on the longest solo journeys on tbhp? You sure have a very good chance to be the No.1 on the list.
Hello ajman28.

Thanks. I will check the longest solo journey thread now.

Regards.
Old 12th February 2011, 10:36   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Awesome road trip Dude and that too solo. As mentioned by Ajman i think yours would be the longest solo trip on TBHP , it sure takes some guts/leaves/passion/money/support from family and to top it all a nice car to do a feat like this

BTW im in the same league as you with the following long distance trips under my belt besides trips to Amritsar, vaishno devi , Manali etc
  • Delhi - Goa - Delhi in my Alto with a non stop dash from Goa to Delhi in flat 43 hours ( Me and my brother )
  • Delhi - Udaipur - Mumbai - Goa - Karnataka - Delhi in my Spark ( Me , my wife and my brother )
Would stay hooked on for your return journey details.
Hello harishnayak.

Thanks.
There is something about these long road-trips that touch a chord deep down somewhere. Since you are also into long drives, I am sure you know the feeling.
I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Regards.
Old 12th February 2011, 11:35   #30
BHPian

Congrats on your solo trip from Chandigarh to Kanyakumari.
Waiting for your travelogue back from Kanyakumari.
gajadonga is offline   Reply With Quote