Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 20th February 2011, 11:13   #1
BHPian

Default RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir

This would be my first but definatly not the last 4 wheel travelogue after introducing you all to my beloved NOMAD "RD350".

I am starting off with my latest car trip to none other than Mahabaleshwar. This was the place which put me on crutches for 6 months about 2 years ago.

But the plan this time was to enjoy beaches as well as hill station (considering the interest of my supreme command - dear wifey) who loves mountains and valleys.

So, the plan was drawn and decided to leave Mumbai in eve to reach Diveagar and spent night/next morning on beach.
Second day to Mahabaleshwar and Third day to Tapola.

ROUTE: Mumbai-Diveagar-Mahabaleshwar-Tapola-Wai-Lonavala-Mumbai

Due to crunch of time, this and my further travelogue would not be as descriptive as RD350 one's but will keep trying to make them more informative.

Left Saturday evening from Mumbai at around 06:00PM, reached Diveagar at around 09:30PM
Dumped lugauge at "AnandYatri Resort" and visited beach to enjoy bon fire. AnandYatri is an average resort with average charges. Considering my 6-7 hour stay, I choosed this one.

Friday early morning at 05:30 AM left for morning and enjoyed waves till 09:00AM

Left for Mahabaleshwar at around 11:00AM after visiting "Sonyache Ganapati @ Diveagar"

Had lunch at Kamath's, Mahad. Good Service/Good Food. Though weekends may cause some wait time.
Reached Mahanaleshwar, took some rest before proceeding to Market. Entire eve was spend shopping and enjoying ma favourite "Strawberry Cream".

We were not keen on visiting points as we did that before in rains as well as peak summers.

Next Day, Monday early morning left for Tapola. The twisties are welcoming with proper caution boards. I also appreciate the local vehicles and ST Buses which give way to the overtakers without much hassel.

Only after reaching the place came to know that there Tapola is so well organized with boat rides ranging from 2 hours to 10 hours.

With less time remaining with us we choosed a 3 hours trip covering, triveni sangam, datta temple, a small bajjiya/tea point at one bank which was covered by a speed boat considering that an infant was travelling with us.

But could not hold the temptation to jump onto water scooter after returning from boat trip.

Took lunch at a nearby hotel. From owner, found out that they have come up with a hotel on other side of lake where one can reach by boat only. Looked promising with 1000Rs per couple for night. He also updated that they will soon come up with tents @ 400Rs.

It was time to head back home after paying homage to Dakshin Kashi, Wai Ganapati.

Reached back home by midnight. Proceeding with the pics which would share my experience better.

#A nice Maharashtrian home cook food place around Nagothane
RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-01.jpg

#Flower Closeup
RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-02.jpg

#Cemented Tiger
RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-03.jpg

#Bon Fire @ Diveagar
RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-04.jpg

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-05.jpg

#Few Diveagar Early Morning Pics

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-06.jpg

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-07.jpg

Name:  08.jpg
Views: 1146
Size:  149.7 KB

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-09.jpg

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-10.jpg

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-11.jpg

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-12.jpg

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-13.jpg

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-14.jpg

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-15.jpg
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 11:31   #2
BHPian

Default Re: RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir

Continuing the pics ahead....

# Some more from early morning Diveagar

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-16.jpg

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-17.jpg

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-18.jpg

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-19.jpg

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-20.jpg

#Tapola - Mini Kashmir of Maharashtra
RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-21.jpg

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-22.jpg

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-23.jpg

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-24.jpg

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-25.jpg

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-26.jpg

Name:  27.jpg
Views: 981
Size:  128.7 KB

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-28.jpg

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-29.jpg

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-30.jpg

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-34.jpg

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-35.jpg

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-36.jpg

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-37.jpg

RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir-38.jpg
Old 20th February 2011, 20:20   #3
BHPian

Abhi,

Lovely captures. Is it the HS10 Fujifilm you were using?
Eagerly waiting for more pics from your side.
BolBolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 22:32   #4
BHPian

@BolBolero,

Sir, good to hear from you. I was at Diveagar Beach on the same Sunday when you guys were enjoying Revdanda/Kashid. And that is the only reason why I missed the meet.

Yes, all this pics are from HS10 with little or no post editing in photoshop. There were alot of better pics than this but included family members and family friends. Considering their privacy, have not put them on.

But I am enjoying and learning a lot with HS10. A good cam for a starter as it also have options for JPEG, RAW and RAW+JPEG.

Next weekend I am heading to Nagpur, Pench.
Old 20th February 2011, 23:57   #5
BHPian

Hi Nomadabhi,

Beautiful pictures. You have made life tough for me as I am now tilting even in favor of HS10 whereas earlier I had almost decided on Canon G12. Please provide your suggestions.
The pic of the lake (coming out as a star formation) was the best.

off topic: What software do you use for watermarking. Found it very clean.
Tapish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 08:19   #6
BHPian

The watermark killed the beauty of the pictures! There are much subtler way of watermarking of images. Still curious as Tapish, which software used to get it done?
rdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 10:50   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapish View Post
Hi Nomadabhi,

Beautiful pictures. You have made life tough for me as I am now tilting even in favor of HS10 whereas earlier I had almost decided on Canon G12. Please provide your suggestions.
The pic of the lake (coming out as a star formation) was the best.

off topic: What software do you use for watermarking. Found it very clean.
You should see the specs of HS10 and G12. I can suggest Steve's digicam site ([COLOR=#0e774a]www.steves-digicams.com[/COLOR]) for conclusion. I went though the specs of G12 and its 5x optical zoom against 30x of HS10. Also HS10 has manual zoom for more control as compared to auto. However, manually zooming while recording movie is a mess if not taken proper care.
You will the best person to choose a better euipment for yourself. I was initially intended to buy a 550D but then considered "further investments in lenses and less time". So kept DSLR option for later when I get hands-on experience and wil have more time to invest in photography.
About the software, I will let you know the name as there are many i downloaded but none were free. I liked this one coz it covers the whole pic and yet do not interfere too much with pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdna View Post
The watermark killed the beauty of the pictures! There are much subtler way of watermarking of images. Still curious as Tapish, which software used to get it done?
@rdna , I was trying to find better ways to watermarking but found none better than this. If you can help me with other better option. Just do not want to have watermarks at top or bottom left right or mid, becuase pics can be cropped. Any insight will be helpful.

I will get the software name once get back home but its a trial version.

At the end thank you for appreciating the Pics. Feels like doing justice to my choice, HS10
Old 22nd February 2011, 21:11   #8
BHPian

Hi Abhi,

Thanks for the link. Nice reviews there. Will be deciding on my choice soon.

Cheers.

Taps
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
You should see the specs of HS10 and G12. I can suggest Steve's digicam site ([COLOR=#0e774a]www.steves-digicams.com[/COLOR]) for conclusion. I went though the specs of G12 and its 5x optical zoom against 30x of HS10. Also HS10 has manual zoom for more control as compared to auto. However, manually zooming while recording movie is a mess if not taken proper care.
You will the best person to choose a better euipment for yourself. I was initially intended to buy a 550D but then considered "further investments in lenses and less time". So kept DSLR option for later when I get hands-on experience and wil have more time to invest in photography.
About the software, I will let you know the name as there are many i downloaded but none were free. I liked this one coz it covers the whole pic and yet do not interfere too much with pics.

@rdna , I was trying to find better ways to watermarking but found none better than this. If you can help me with other better option. Just do not want to have watermarks at top or bottom left right or mid, becuase pics can be cropped. Any insight will be helpful.

I will get the software name once get back home but its a trial version.

At the end thank you for appreciating the Pics. Feels like doing justice to my choice, HS10
Tapish is offline   Reply With Quote