Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 29th March 2011, 16:03   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes

Continuing from the previous post,

Union Square area, SFO downtown
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc04909.jpg

Few victorian style bangalows in SFO, wish I could own either or all of them !
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc04921.jpg

Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc04922.jpg

Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc04923.jpg

This can be the view from your window if you are Andre Agassi (pic taken from the richest area in SFO, hyde street where he has a home)
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc04925.jpg

Nature's palate and artist's palate combined together.
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc04927.jpg

Golden gate bridge
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc04944.jpg

Beating Tata nano???
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc05056.jpg

Sausalito, SFO
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc05060.jpg

Las Vegas and Grand Canyon will be the next, followed by Newyork !!
sforsarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 16:35   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes

Hey Mr.S!
Nice pics man! Especially the ones in the Aquarium, and the new ones in SF too!! More pics to come i hope.
By the way, did you go skiing near Seattle? Your pics had some ski tracks right?
misguidedmisile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 16:47   #18
BHPian

Good Snaps!

Seattle, Bellevue is very close to my heart. Some contributions from my side, from my many visits to Seattle Area.

Name:  mt.Rainier1.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  82.1 KB

Name:  mt.Rainier2.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  74.9 KB

Name:  Rainierme.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  65.1 KB

Name:  sfo1.jpg
Views: 961
Size:  74.3 KB

Name:  Skagit2.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  66.5 KB

Name:  SnoqualmieFalls.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  83.2 KB

Name:  SymmetryAlpental.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  117.3 KB

Name:  SymmetryRainierDrive.jpg
Views: 941
Size:  69.5 KB

Name:  Tulips.jpg
Views: 1048
Size:  90.3 KB

Name:  WahkeenaFalls.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  119.9 KB
pramod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 16:50   #19
BHPian

Hi Misguidedmisile, thanks much and I am glad that you liked the pictures. one thing is that I am very lazy in handling / clicking photographs while on tour, secondly I believe in thoroughly enjoying what I see and slowly imprint that sight in my mind and heart rather than running here and there with a cam or a handy cam and striving for better pictures all the time. This task is delegated to my better half so credit goes to her and BTW the more you guys appreciate these snaps the more it's gonna be trouble for me @ home

Pictures in Redmond had skiing tracks? no in fact that was a street near our hotel. Yes, We did go skiing although not on the ski track but on the street itself. I skidded twice when the fallen snow dried up on the road surface and I walked normally instead of walking slow and carefully. Walking in the snow was quite some experience especially in the night when it starts snowing heavily !!
Old 31st March 2011, 15:34   #20
BHPian

Thanks Pramod, Tulip garden is something which we missed due to the season. Also, was that snowqualmie falls? thanks for lovely snaps.

Anyway, continuing with my Vegas visit. Our main motivation to visit Vegas was Grand Canyon so we just roamed around the strip for two days once in the night and once in the day time and did not attend any paid shows as such. One full day was gone in Canyon and man it was worth that.

Time for some Vegas pics !!

View of the famous 'Strip' facing towards South (McCarran airport way)
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc05084.jpg

View of the strip facing towards North (Stratosphere in the background)
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc05088.jpg

Central strip (Majority of famous hotels are situated and can be seen in the pic here)
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc05090.jpg

Palazzo and Eiffel tower.... (in the US)
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc05100.jpg

Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc05116.jpg

Bellagio...these fountains are world famous and they deserve that recognition !! BTW I happened to see one such in Dubai as well
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc05132.jpg

Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc05135.jpg

If you want to win that car, you will have to win either one of the machines completely here !!
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc05147.jpg

Where else can you find the statue of liberty and eiffel tower at the same place side by side??
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc05156.jpg

Lord Brahma in sin city....a sudden appearance in front of us and we couldn't help but click a pic immediately
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc05172.jpg

Last edited by sforsarang : 31st March 2011 at 15:51. Reason: attachment problems it seems
Old 31st March 2011, 15:47   #21
BHPian

Continuing with 'The Grand Canyon'.... capturing the enormous nature of the canyon in a camera is a sin....which we committed....a camera can never do full justice to what we see and experience in the canyon. We were completely awestruck by its humongous presence and nature's charisma.....Why am I even taking pains to depict it through words.. let the pictures do the talking..

On our way to Canyon...Light n Shadow games of nature
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc05206.jpg

A stream like that has created the Canyon over the years....
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc05212.jpg

Snow in Desert...Nature never ceases to amaze us..
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc05234.jpg

Speechless
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc05239.jpg

Amrikkan Maalgaddiii
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc05241.jpg

US route 66.. Mother of all roads..
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc05242.jpg

Track and roads going parallel
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc05243.jpg

The canyon miracle begins now...
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc05258.jpg
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc05262.jpg
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc05285.jpg

One of the first very few houses built on the edge of the canyon
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc05356.jpg

The Vegas Sunset
Seattle-Redmond-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Newyork...USA through our eyes-dsc05386.jpg
Old 1st April 2011, 17:14   #22
Team-BHP Support

Lovely pictures there of Seattle and Redmond. It's quite rare that this area gets snow but, yes this time I came to know it was quite heavy. So lucky you to have witnessed it first hand.

Btw, do you work for Microsoft? If yes, which group? I am in the campus myself
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 18:43   #23
BHPian

Hey Mobike008, yes I do work in MS. I have PMed you the details as well !!! Glad that you enjoyed the snaps. Thanks.
Old 14th April 2011, 10:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics there !! My office is very close to Pier-15. Guess what I am working here for last 2 months now and couldnt get the time to visit Golden Gate bridge yet.

I specially liked your Seattle pics. awesome.

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2011, 10:40   #25
BHPian

Hey Abhi, Thanks and I am glad that you liked the pics. We missed the monterey bay area. I think it should be a must watch place along with the yosemite mountains.... if you happen to visit these places, please do post pics... !!!