Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2011, 10:45   #16
BHPian
 
nomadabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 343
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
@Gandhi: Thanks. It was not at all scary, may be i did not thought about the boat. I was busy through my viewfinder.

@GD1418: Thanks. Yeah, Mumbai has flamingoes at Sewri, Uran and Airoli.

@SDP: Sometimes 50 feet or even less. When we move in our boat, they keep flying around. Boat is preety small but can accomodate 4 adults comfortably.
Subrat, those pics got me glued already to your thread. I would like to visit the place as well. Could you help me with the info. May plan for this coming Sunday.
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 10:55   #17
BHPian
 
ExtremeTorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 379
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai

Subrat, excellent shots of the Flamingo's! Deserves 5*
Never knew that such shy birds lived close to Mumbai. Thanks for bringing this out to the masses.
ExtremeTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 10:58   #18
BHPian
 
Subrat Seet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 305
Thanked: 344 Times
Default Re: Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Subrat,

Awesome flamingo snaps. Didn't know that flamingos existed somewhere near Mumbai. Good to see another nature lover on this forum. Welcome aboard..

Looking forward to more...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
Subrat, those pics got me glued already to your thread. I would like to visit the place as well. Could you help me with the info. May plan for this coming Sunday.
I am also half wounded. I would love to visit the same place again. The boat guy charges Rs.1500. Most important thing is timing. I will check up and PM you. How many of you are, so the Financial burden can be shared.
Subrat Seet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 11:08   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 237
Thanked: 94 Times
Default Re: Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai

Amazing captures Subrat!! Shall pm you for the boatman's contact details.
magiceye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 11:33   #20
BHPian
 
nomadabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 343
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
I am also half wounded. I would love to visit the same place again. The boat guy charges Rs.1500. Most important thing is timing. I will check up and PM you. How many of you are, so the Financial burden can be shared.
At present I am the only person. I have week offs on Sunday and Monday.
I guess my better half may accompany me or my dad.

Let me know the best time and lets do it.
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 11:41   #21
BHPian
 
Coooolcat21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nagpur,Bangalore
Posts: 423
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai

Amazing photographs!
The colors are so vibrant , to me they are the beautiful hues of dawn and dusk.
* stars to the pictures and for bringing forth a place so close to mumbai for weekends .
Sure most of us are not aware of Flamingoes near Mumbai. Thank for showcasing it so well.
Regards
Coooolcat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 20:44   #22
BHPian
 
Subrat Seet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 305
Thanked: 344 Times
Default Re: Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiceye View Post
Amazing captures Subrat!! Shall pm you for the boatman's contact details.
Thanks magiceye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
At present I am the only person. I have week offs on Sunday and Monday.
I guess my better half may accompany me or my dad.

Let me know the best time and lets do it.
My suggestion would be not to take your dad because getting into the boat is difficult and it is muddy area. If the water does not come as per our calculation then you may have to walk in the mud for some distance to reach the shore. We will do it. Now the tide timing is not proper. It all depends upon tide timings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coooolcat21 View Post
Amazing photographs!
The colors are so vibrant , to me they are the beautiful hues of dawn and dusk.
* stars to the pictures and for bringing forth a place so close to mumbai for weekends .
Sure most of us are not aware of Flamingoes near Mumbai. Thank for showcasing it so well.
Regards
Thanks coool and Extreme.

Some more pictures for you guys.

Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai-flamingoes749-1024x768.jpg

Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai-flamingoes751-1024x768.jpg

Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai-flamingoes756-1024x768.jpg

Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai-flamingoes955-1024x768.jpg

Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai-flamingoes744-1024x768.jpg

Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai-flamingoes764-1024x768.jpg
Subrat Seet is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 01:12   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
thedreamcatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 1,205
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai

I am amazed with the clarity and depth of the photos. Welcome to the forum and you have an interesting job as well. (in the world of finance geeks like me, we understand what economics and banking as a combo instill)

You have an enviable collection of cameras and lenses. I am planning for an upgrade to either the 7D or save on some money and buy the 60D. Not sure. Any tips
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 10:04   #24
BHPian
 
Subrat Seet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 305
Thanked: 344 Times
Default Re: Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
I am amazed with the clarity and depth of the photos. Welcome to the forum and you have an interesting job as well. (in the world of finance geeks like me, we understand what economics and banking as a combo instill)

You have an enviable collection of cameras and lenses. I am planning for an upgrade to either the 7D or save on some money and buy the 60D. Not sure. Any tips
No doubt, go for 7D, it is not that i am having thats why? It has amazing Auto focus and speed. 8 frames per second and Fast AF. Fantastcis camera.
Subrat Seet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2011, 16:41   #25
BHPian
 
bikefreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 277
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai

Hey, great pics man, I've already given this thread 5 stars !
BTW, I live very close to Airoli and would love to join u on ur next trip, whenever u go and also share the expenses. Pl pm me ur contact no and the number of the boatman at the earliest.
I also use the 550D with 55-250 and a sigma 100-500

Cheers
bikefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2011, 17:03   #26
BHPian
 
Subrat Seet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 305
Thanked: 344 Times
Default Re: Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikefreak View Post
Hey, great pics man, I've already given this thread 5 stars !
BTW, I live very close to Airoli and would love to join u on ur next trip, whenever u go and also share the expenses. Pl pm me ur contact no and the number of the boatman at the earliest.
I also use the 550D with 55-250 and a sigma 100-500

Cheers
Thanks for your appreciation. Sure, we will go. Checked up for this weekend but timing is not proper. May be next weekend.

I will PM you.
Subrat Seet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2011, 21:47   #27
BHPian
 
Subrat Seet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 305
Thanked: 344 Times
Default Re: Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai

This is for the first time i visited Airoli. So, initially, i clicked so many Juvenile flamingos. Later, when i reached the hot spot, i thought, i will be short of CF cards memory, though i carried 28 GB with me. Then the same thing happened.

I changed my lens (100-400L) to my second body (550D) and started clicking. 550D takes SD card and i had enough (36 GB). So, here are the pictures from 550D.

Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai-flamingo-191-1600x1200.jpg

Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai-flamingo-28-1600x1200.jpg

Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai-flamingo-196-1600x1200.jpg

Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai-flamingoes11-1600x1200.jpg

Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai-flamingoes26-1600x1200.jpg

Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai-flamingoes28-1600x1200.jpg


I though, you guys might be getting boored of the same taste of flamingoes. So, for different taste.


Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai-flamingoes30-1600x1200.jpg

Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai-flamingoes31-1600x1200.jpg


We all are together.


Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai-flamingoes32-1600x1200.jpg
Cheers!

Subrat
Subrat Seet is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 13:31   #28
BHPian
 
arunu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Muscat, Oman
Posts: 128
Thanked: 144 Times
Default Re: Flamingoes - Flame Birds of Airoli, Navi Mumbai

Excellent Pics Subrat,

I never thought you could get so close to these birds.

If you are interested in exploring nice places in Navi mumbai, then there are some very picturesque spots in and around Navi mumbai, especially Kharghar area.
1) Pandav Kada Kharghar - nice water falls during monsoon.
2) Parsik Hills very near to Kharghar police station - wonderful drive / walk with nice roads and lots of flora and fauna around.
3) Also there is a small hillock in CBD Belapur with nice winding roads and a Hare Krishna temple atop.
4) JNPT Uran Road with mangroves
5) Ofcourse palm beach road has backwaters and mangroves all over the place and nice locations for bird watching especially. behind the NRI complex.

All the very best in your noble cause of spreading awareness among people.
arunu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll hillram Motorbikes 32 28th November 2017 17:31
PICS: Flamingoes start flying into Sewri, Mumbai parsh Travelogues 27 3rd December 2014 16:58
Navi mumbai-Shirdi - Trimbakeshwar-Silvassa-Daman-Navi Mumbai maylsamy Travelogues 8 13th November 2010 16:43
Thane-Navi Mumbai-Mumbai meet.... babe_on_wheels The Team-BHP Meet Section 46 7th May 2007 19:40


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks