Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 16th March 2011, 01:25   #1
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad

Hi Bhpians

From quite a while,office gang was planning for the trip, Begining of Feb2011 we planned for Tadoba, but when the date was arriving the Work was pending with no absintisim at work.

So finally we made a trip in the end of Feb.

This is the route we took
Source
Hyderabad-Tadoba - Welcome to Business Standard Motoring

Hyderabad-Siddipet-Ramagundam-Karimnagar-Mancherial-Asifabad-Ballarpur-Chandrapur-Padmapur-Moharli.

Just googled the route & found this Road map.Dint have much time

It was a good drive all the way with few rough roads, otherwise its been good when compared to other Maharastra Roads .
The worst part was iam the only driver, More over i have done night shift, went back home around 1:00Pm, Freshed up, Packing & started off exactly at 2:30Pm, So no sleep & by the time we reached Moharli it was around 11:30 PM, Thats the first gate we have to enter, Since that was our first visit we had no idea if the gate will be opened at that point of time. The gaurd was in deep sleep & honking did not help us waking him up.So we went inside the check post & woke up the Gaurd. He was wondering what we were doing there at this point of time, Asked him to open the gates, he said its not safe at this point of time, one thing was clear to me that till TADOBA Gate its fine to go, bribed him for 50 bucks , he is now ready to open the gate, while leaving the place we just asked him what's the worst that could happen, he said u might come accross any wild animal, no one will be ther to help u now,no network, I dont know what his intentions were, but he asked us to stop whenever we come across any wild animals & wait until the go.

we crossed the gates & we could find a car comming on the other way, since the rooms were not booked, we wanted ask them if they could find the rooms.They dint bother to stop & were in hurry to cross the gate.
The experiance was amazing, i dint realise that one of my cars left light high beam bulb has gone.None of my friends knew that the cars stepney is flat & i dint wat to tell them at this pont of time, so the mid night drive through the jungle was amazing, I have done some recording & thought that nothing is visible to camara but, the cam happened to capture good.
I will post that drive link.
Video Link

So by the time we reached TATR, there were around 6 Hotels or resorts, we woke up every one there none was ready to accomadate us.went to Govt Guest house, no use, every place was done but it was of no use. We were lift with one resort, tried honking, calling, shouting, no response, the number was displayed on the gate of that resort, i dialed the number , a lady answred the call,we asked her if the rooms were available, she said yes. I was the 1st one to feel happy, coz its been more than 36hrs that i slept.she asked were are we from,said hyderabad,she asked when will u start, i said we are at your gate & to my fate she hung up scolding, are u drunk.
Redialled the number its he now, asked him to come out & check if we are drunk(one of was drunk though), he opened the gate, we parked the car,He said no food available.not even bread.booked 2 rooms & each costed Rs1500.Worst rooms,Worst service,Worst people.If any one is planning to go to TATR. Please dont get in to Tadoba Resort on the right side while u go.

Please dont mind people i am posting the pictures Randomly, About Mrs.Striper, Cams gone off & had to capture her with the phones, Bad quality but worth watching

Pictures Will be continued.

Last edited by joshuakeys : 16th March 2011 at 01:27.
joshuakeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 02:05   #2
BHPian

Default Re: This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad

Wow !! Another wildlife travelogue.
Tadoba - My second most favoured destination.

Lets hear your story.

Dr. A Ghosh
abheekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 15:28   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuakeys View Post
If any one is planning to go to TATR. Please dont get in to Tadoba Resort on the right side while u go.
Josh, are you speaking about Saras Resort? Heard about misdaventures of Saras Resorts from many people. Where are the pics? Keep the coming.
traveloholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 19:22   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Ah Tadoba!

Been there ages ago (2003) with a excursion group.

I'm surprised the guard let you go. We reached the gate around 4am and literally slept in the bus till 6am as they wouldn't let us go.

Not surprisingly though, we spotted a bear within a few minutes of crossing over. Spotted the regular animals but no tiger!

Hope you had better luck.

Did you camp at any of the machans?

Keep the pics rolling.
libranof1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 20:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

Joshuakeys,
The first night is already an climaxed adventure, wondering how much more your trip would unfold at this rate.

Looking forward for pics. from you.

If anyone else is doing Hyderabad-Tadoba, please PM me for a better and shorter route.
Regards,
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 23:07   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abheekg View Post
Wow !! Another wildlife travelogue.
Tadoba - My second most favoured destination.

Lets hear your story.

Dr. A Ghosh

Hay Doc, I knew that its your favourate place.I also told my other friends about you, I told them how many times u spotted the tigers, We actually thought to call you but u know dint have time to take the number for one of the threads.
Old 16th March 2011, 23:09   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Josh, are you speaking about Saras Resort? Heard about misdaventures of Saras Resorts from many people. Where are the pics? Keep the coming.

Its Excell world Present "Tadoba Resort" The quote is"The Jungle Village Resort".
Old 16th March 2011, 23:11   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Ah Tadoba!

Been there ages ago (2003) with a excursion group.

I'm surprised the guard let you go. We reached the gate around 4am and literally slept in the bus till 6am as they wouldn't let us go.

Not surprisingly though, we spotted a bear within a few minutes of crossing over. Spotted the regular animals but no tiger!

Hope you had better luck.

Did you camp at any of the machans?

Keep the pics rolling.
I dint know that we can camp at Machans. Do u have that option? Let me know because iam planning for a TATR,Pench,Khana & bhandarvgrh, in a May.
Old 16th March 2011, 23:12   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Joshuakeys,
The first night is already an climaxed adventure, wondering how much more your trip would unfold at this rate.

Looking forward for pics. from you.

If anyone else is doing Hyderabad-Tadoba, please PM me for a better and shorter route.
Regards,
I thought the route that i took was shorter route. Is there any other route???
Old 16th March 2011, 23:14   #10
BHPian

Hold on the images are too large, so have to compress them, so that i can post here.
Old 16th March 2011, 23:43   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuakeys View Post
I dint know that we can camp at Machans. Do u have that option? Let me know because iam planning for a TATR,Pench,Khana & bhandarvgrh, in a May.
You can camp as long as there is sunlight. If you're in a registered group, there is no issue.

Else, you have to register with the forest officer and be accompanied by an official.

But yes, it is a marvelous experience; you sit quietly from morning to evening on the machan near a water spot and if you're lucky you might spot some animal. Now quiet means pin drop silence for the entire time. The rewards are high!
libranof1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 23:52   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
You can camp as long as there is sunlight. If you're in a registered group, there is no issue.

Else, you have to register with the forest officer and be accompanied by an official.

But yes, it is a marvelous experience; you sit quietly from morning to evening on the machan near a water spot and if you're lucky you might spot some animal. Now quiet means pin drop silence for the entire time. The rewards are high!
good info.How to get rigestered ?
Old 17th March 2011, 00:09   #13
BHPian

Iam posting the random pics as i have no time & the pics are about 1000 in number from 3 cams & 4 phones.Here comes the 1st set.

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-0.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-1.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-3.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-4.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-5.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-6.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-7.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-8.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-9.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-10.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-11.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-12.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-13.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-14.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-15.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-16.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-17.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-18.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-19.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-20.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-21.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-22.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-23.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-24.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-25.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-26.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-27.jpg

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-29.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-2.jpg  

This time its TADOBA. From Hyderabad-30.jpg  

Old 1st November 2011, 22:52   #14
MDe
BHPian

Looks like a good getaway from Hyderabad. I see you did it in about 9 hours from the timings that you mentioned. Google maps also show a route on NH7 which they claim will be the fastest to reach, though it is a little longer.

Any idea how the roads are now? I am planning a weekend getaway from Hyderabad to Tadoba.
MDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:12   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
Looks like a good getaway from Hyderabad. I see you did it in about 9 hours from the timings that you mentioned. Google maps also show a route on NH7 which they claim will be the fastest to reach, though it is a little longer.

Any idea how the roads are now? I am planning a weekend getaway from Hyderabad to Tadoba.
Yes the NH7 option is a better option.You get to drive on 4laned sections at many intervals and road quality is better.Divert off NH7 after Adilabad and then go via Chandrapur and onwards to Tadoba.You should be able to do it in around 7-8hours time.
ranjitp1 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote