Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 22nd March 2011, 14:14   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Hyd to the closest beach THARRED ( Mahindra Thar Crde)

As you right said, the Thar indeed is the "best of both worlds". It can offroad, and cruise long-distance on the highway too. You guys managed to do 800 kms in a single day; I can tell you a CJ340 / MM540 would have left you completely washed out (if at all you'd attempt to...I wouldn't ).

Nice to see how the compressor's green light is integrated on the dash. As others have asked, some proper pictures of the install & $$$ would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapish View Post
You mentioned a hardtop kind of thing. Is it a proper hardtop or an insulated soft-top?
My Jeep ran an air-con with a regular soft-top (no attempt at special insulation). The driver & front passenger would turn to ice on full blast.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 20:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik123 View Post
some pics of the journey
Awesome man,. congrats on your thar.
GrayBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 20:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Please pass my best wishes to your friend for getting the THAR. I'm sure he would have got it recently as I had seen it in the Automotive stockyard about 15 days back.

Do let us know how much it costed OTR with the AC.

@Spikey: This is the 3rd THAR CRDe in Hyderabad.
  1. Fazal Saab's - Rocky Beige
  2. Black Colour THAR owned by a person who stays near my residence.
  3. Red THAR

I understand there is another Silver/Rocky Beige one awaiting delivery.

Look forward to more action pictures!
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 07:10   #19
BHPian

I would like to bring to notice some activities of hyd tbhpians which is causing a lot of headache to my friend and me.

First off , they went to Automotive and tried to persuade the sales person to bring the Thar to the showroom so that they could have a test drive in it.

Then they got hold of the phone number of my friends dad and made several calls repeatedly asking them to show the jeep, my friend's dad who has no idea about team bhp or even the fact that we posted the travelogue here.

And yesterday, there was some 'offer' made, 10k for off-roading perday, seriously ??
my friend and his dad really love their vehicles and won't even think of doing such a thing.

He purchased the Thar because he loved it, that's the only reason

Honestly I didn't expect such an attitude from tbhpians, atleast the least they could do was send a PM to me on the forum informing me about their intentions rather than approaching the showroom directly and making calls. Only me and my friend ( who owns the jeep) know about the travelogue and we never expected 'People from a website' will call his dad repeatedly.
karthik123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 07:40   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Honestly I didn't expect such an attitude from tbhpians, atleast the least they could do was send a PM to me on the forum informing me about their intentions rather than approaching the showroom directly and making calls. Only me and my friend ( who owns the jeep) know about the travelogue and we never expected 'People from a website' will call his dad repeatedly.
Only registered team-bhpians can send a PM.
Anyone with access to the internet can read this thread.

Welcome to the world of social networking.

If there is anyone you should be really angry with, its the Mahindra Showroom guys, who leaked out your friends mobile number. Just my 2 cents.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 07:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would like to bring to notice some activities of hyd tbhpians which is causing a lot of headache to my friend and me.
@Karthik123: It would be better if you could name the person involved in this rather than blaming a group as a whole.

Please remember that TBHP as a portal and the content herein is visible to people across the globe including non-members. Especially given the fact that this thread comes up a whopping 3rd position on Google Search result for the Key word "Mahindra THAR in Hyderabad"
Hyd to the closest beach THARRED ( Mahindra Thar Crde)-thar.png

I on behalf of the regular HYD TBHP-ians can vouch that they love their cars immensely and wouldn't do such a thing.

Please let us know if you want any help in locating the miscreants.

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 11:20   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Welcome to the world of social networking.

If there is anyone you should be really angry with, its the Mahindra Showroom guys, who leaked out your friends mobile number. Just my 2 cents.
Exactly. That's my thoughts too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
@Karthik123: It would be better if you could name the person involved in this rather than blaming a group as a whole.

Please remember that TBHP as a portal and the content herein is visible to people across the globe including non-members.
Completely in agreement here. Anyone can read what's being posted here. Whoever had read this cannot get the contact without the help of showroom guys as bblost has said.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 19:33   #23
BHPian

I'm sorry I forgot that this forum can be read by everybody. But they mentioned they were from the site, so that mislead me. This problem seems to resolved for now, but I've learnt a very big lesson. I apologize if anybody got offended.
Old 24th March 2011, 19:42   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
First off , they went to Automotive and tried to persuade the sales person to bring the Thar to the showroom so that they could have a test drive in it.
Not only does the dealer not have a Thar available for TD, he passes on personal information like phone numbers and address? Who is this dealer? BD and Spike please take note.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 20:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

Dear Karthik,

I would like to inform you that last evening I had called the Hyderabad Mahindra dealer and they gave me the number of your friends dad (instead of your friend's). I spoke to him and briefed him about my enquiry, he was very polite, though he was driving and said that he would make his son (your friend) call me.

This morning I did receive his call.

It is a common practice for members to seek help, make enquiries etc. Sometimes PM is less preferred to a phone call due to faster access.

In this case the dealer should not have given the number acting upon instructions from the client. He did. Prior to my call I am unaware of the number of calls made in this regard.

The intentions of my call was to make enquiries of the aftermarket AC's performance which your friend said " BAD...and he needs to make a trip to the dealer every day and has terrible heating issues, since he got it installed".

Prior to your friend's report, the dealer report was highly contradictory informing me that they will do it, cost 38K, it has been tested for 3 days, works flawlessly and carries a 1 year warranty.

I believe the client's report in this case.

Now you see Karthik, this forum is to learn, help fellow members and also warn them if something is going wrong. This is how we learn on what to do and what not to do by gaining from the community's experience thus, safeguard ourselves.

No offence to your friend or his Dad, and kindly thank them on my behalf.

Regards,

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 24th March 2011 at 20:42.
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 21:14   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Who is this dealer? BD and Spike please take note.
Point noted and will be escalated to concerned. Dealer details please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post

The intentions of my call was to make enquiries of the aftermarket AC's performance which your friend said " BAD...and he needs to make a trip to the dealer every day and has terrible heating issues, since he got it installed".
Who did the aftermarket AC fitment for this car?

Spike

Last edited by SPIKE ARRESTOR : 24th March 2011 at 21:15.
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 22:19   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Dear Karthik,

I would like to inform you that last evening I had called the Hyderabad Mahindra dealer and they gave me the number of your friends dad (instead of your friend's). I spoke to him and briefed him about my enquiry, he was very polite, though he was driving and said that he would make his son (your friend) call me.

This morning I did receive his call.

It is a common practice for members to seek help, make enquiries etc. Sometimes PM is less preferred to a phone call due to faster access.

In this case the dealer should not have given the number acting upon instructions from the client. He did. Prior to my call I am unaware of the number of calls made in this regard.

Prior to your friend's report, the dealer report was highly contradictory informing me that they will do it, cost 38K, it has been tested for 3 days, works flawlessly and carries a 1 year warranty.

I believe the client's report in this case.

Now you see Karthik, this forum is to learn, help fellow members and also warn them if something is going wrong. This is how we learn on what to do and what not to do by gaining from the community's experience thus, safeguard ourselves.

No offence to your friend or his Dad, and kindly thank them on my behalf.

Regards,
Sir,

I do know the forum is a way to learn, but my friend was ringing me up and telling me that his dad has been getting phone calls from people regarding it, so i was clueless who it could be and why.

It wasn't you, it was people who were repeatedly making phone calls before that were irritating them.

Today he informed me that he called you back and i get a name and he say's it's all cool, I didn't mean to offend any one. When he told me about you I was like he's a senior and well respected tbhpian who's into jeeps.

I'll ask my friend to give you a ring sometime, and he was asking your email address.

Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 11:59   #28
BHPian

Quote:
some pics of the journey
Brother where did u get the ac from ?
davidashish is offline   Reply With Quote