Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 29th March 2011, 14:58   #151
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Swananda> I have a thought in my mind for the mods of Team Bhp. We should have a inter city photo exihibition titled "The Best of Ladakh". The photo skills of our memebrs are Nat Geo material.

Amit and me are nowhere for photography as compared to the vetrans but yes we have a chance!

It will be a winner.

What say folks?
Sir i am not even in the starting line up in the contest for best photography You are being generous in clubbing my name wit you. You are way ahead.

Are the snaps done or are more coming?
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 15:42   #152
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09

Quote:
THE BLUE MAGIC OF PANGONG TSO
This is one place I missed badly. Tried three times but wretched weather just didn't allow.

Lovely capture Sir! This was shot sometime in early afternoon as I see. Any shot during late afternoon?
Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 15:53   #153
Senior - BHPian

I must say, that is one awesome journey you took with your wife!
Your photography is out of this world, and so is Ladakh!
THE BLUE MAGIC OF PANGONG TSO, really is majestic. just looking at this photograph i feel i imbibed some of that Spiritual Awakening!
Thanks for sharing.
Drive Safe!
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 16:45   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post

Are the snaps done or are more coming?
@Amit> Oh yes a dozen or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
This is one place I missed badly. Tried three times but wretched weather just didn't allow.

Lovely capture Sir! This was shot sometime in early afternoon as I see. Any shot during late afternoon?
The exif data shows this pic was shot at 12:20 hrs. We had perfect clear weather that day ! One should stay for 2 days @Pangong. I see there are facilities available to hire eco tents there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
THE BLUE MAGIC OF PANGONG TSO, really is majestic. just looking at this photograph i feel i imbibed some of that Spiritual Awakening!
Thanks for sharing.
Drive Safe!
MDSAAB> Pangong is a world class place to be in. Thank you for the compliments!

Regards

Cdr Nandu Chitnis
nanduchitnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 16:58   #155
BHPian

The winds shift the clouds and the scenary changes dramatically around the lakes and montains!

"Take my hand, yes take my hand
Follow me, follow me,
To the blue waters, to the sand, the purest sand
Into the deep blue waters,
Leaving reason far behind

Nothing here is cruel or kind
Except your desire to set me free…

Let us lie here all alone
Worn away like river stones

Let us be the sirens of
Pangong Tso."

Oceanlab, psycho trance music

Attached Thumbnails
Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-clouds-shift.jpg  

Old 29th March 2011, 17:28   #156
BHPian

!! SINGING TO THE MUSIC OF PANGONG TSO !!

Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-there-me.jpg

Got a take a little time
A little time to look around YOU

I have nowhere left to go
Looks like your LOVE has finally found me

In my life
There has been heartaches and pain
I don't know if I can face it ever again..
I have travelled so far
To change my lonely life

And

Now I know what LOVE is......
Old 29th March 2011, 18:00   #157
BHPian

!! GOING BALLISTICS AT PANGONG TSO !!

Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-ballistics.jpg

HARD ROCK CAFE AT PANGONG TSO

Heavy black and white HDR processing of three RAW files.

Crazy !!

Last edited by nanduchitnis : 29th March 2011 at 18:08.
Old 29th March 2011, 19:01   #158
BHPian

DEATH OF A DREAM RIDE
RAVAGED BY SNOW AND ICE AT TANGALANGALA

Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-frozen-death.jpg

Dr Arnob Gupta

He was riding when I was travelling in Ladakh.

And he had to abort a dream record setting Ride from Leh to Kanyakumari, on 28 June 2009.

Dr Gupta is a Dental Surgeon based at Mumbai. He has been figured in the Limca Book of Records for his Motorcycle riding speed records here in India as also abroad in the USA.

He just about survived this mishap at minus 15 deg centigrade. Lucky, he is safe and sound.

For all his amazing skills and records, he is humility personified in person. He taught me that, when riding a mo bike.

We went through this pass in snow and ice conditions just a few days before he arrived.

He and got snowed out, buried in snow, at a height of 17,000 odd feet above sea level.

The next year he came again on the same bike. This time he and his bike fell into a deep gorge, rolled down some 300 feet. Both he and his bike survived miraculously. Abort # 2.

He will not give up. He will come again.

Pic shot by Dr Arn himself.

but of some interest.

Last edited by nanduchitnis : 29th March 2011 at 19:04.
Old 29th March 2011, 19:11   #159
BHPian

OVER THE HIMALAYS

Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-3621196017_1970583c1d_b.jpg

Ladakh done, took this shot on way from Leh to Delhi.
Old 29th March 2011, 19:19   #160
BHPian

And I returned home a Ladakhi Monk

Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-3658068959_db06300de9_b.jpg

THE LADAKHI MONK

This ends my Trip Log and Zen Photograhy of Ladakh.

Regards to all

Commander Nandu Chitnis
(Retired but fired up !)
Born to Battle
Old 29th March 2011, 19:28   #161
Senior - BHPian

Sir you said a dozen more and you have uploaded only 5 more. Waiting for more.

Dr.Gupta's experience is scary. Buried in snow at 17000 ft. And all the more amazing is he going back there next year on the same bike
Old 29th March 2011, 19:33   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Sir, Keep posting more pictures, else I'll link you to our own version of Mahabaharata of our drive to Jammu, Srinagar, Leh, lahaul and Spiti valley from Bombay to Bombay with HVKumar leading us
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 19:35   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Sir you said a dozen more and you have uploaded only 5 more. Waiting for more.

Dr.Gupta's experience is scary. Buried in snow at 17000 ft. And all the more amazing is he going back there next year on the same bike
Next year, 2010, he fell into a gorge and rolled down 300 feet! Broke collar bone, ribs, lot of body furniture disturbed.

He could have easily lived a nice life in the a/c comfort of his home and ultra hi tech clinic practicing dentistry. Instead he has plans to repeat and finish this Leh to Kanyakumari ride year 2011.

That is how some people live, including many adventure crazy members on Team Bhp.

I say: "What better way to die than in a pursuit of a passion!"

Last edited by nanduchitnis : 29th March 2011 at 19:40.
Old 29th March 2011, 19:42   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Next year, 2010, he fell into a gorge and rolled down 300 feet! Broke collar bone, ribs, lot of body furniture disturbed.

He could have easily lived a nice life in the a/c comfort of his home and ultra hi tech clinic practicing dentistry. Instead he has plans to repeat and finish this Leh to Kanyakumari ride year 2011.

That is how some people live, including many adventurous members on Team Bhp.

I say: "What better way to die than in a pursuit of a passion!"
My Salute to him.

If you are still in touch with him please ask him to become a member (i am assuming he is not) on T-BHP and share his experiences. That would be one inspirig tale. I think he deserves to join in directly as Distinguished BHPian
Old 29th March 2011, 20:08   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Sir, Keep posting more pictures, else I'll link you to our own version of Mahabaharata of our drive to Jammu, Srinagar, Leh, lahaul and Spiti valley from Bombay to Bombay with HVKumar leading us
Laluks Sahab> I have done my bit. For now. I need time to read many brilliant stories of Team bhp wild life photographers, Ladakh journeys, travel stories. This Team Bhp is an encyclopedia for crazy nuts like me.

Very prematurely I posted my travel log. I am astonished that this figured in the HOT list, got 5 star rating with 7000 odd views!

When I read a few TL's of Ladakh, example Rudra Sen, tsk, and Tiger stories of Doc, Cool cat and Fazal bhai I just FREAKED OUT!!

And this off roading Jeeps in the desert flying in the air stories!!

Man o Man this team bhp is WILD !!

Sir I will read up all the Mahabaharatas of all including you. That is what I want to do seriously instead of posting here !

Quote:
My Salute to him.

If you are still in touch with him please ask him to become a member (i am assuming he is not) on T-BHP and share his experiences. That would be one inspirig tale. I think he deserves to join in directly as Distinguished BHPian
Ofcourse I am in touch with my riding Guru and mentor!!

Now Doc Arn has hijacked my thread !! I will give him a link to this story.
He will be delighted !

Rgds

Nandu