Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2011, 13:56   #166
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 167
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Attachment 523425

LADAKH OH LADAKH

Take me to this River
Drop me in the water

I just want to know
Can you tell me
Why I love u

Take all my money
And my god damn cigarettes

But Just Tell Me why I love you!!

DROP ME IN THIS RIVER
Dip me in your WATERS!!!

Do I really want to know
Why I love you...

I guess I do....

Luv you Ladakh

Medini and Nandu
What a way to explain feelings! Reminds me of the song : "I wanna know you .. like I know myself..."
naren_gs1 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 09:32   #167
BHPian
 
nanduchitnis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 494
Thanked: 295 Times
Default Re: Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by naren_gs1 View Post
What a way to explain feelings! Reminds me of the song : "I wanna know you .. like I know myself..."
\

Naren> Thank you
nanduchitnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 11:10   #168
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,799 Times
Default Re: Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Laluks Sahab>

Very prematurely I posted my travel log. I am astonished that this figured in the HOT list, got 5 star rating with 7000 odd views!

When I read a few TL's of Ladakh, example Rudra Sen, tsk, and Tiger stories of Doc, Cool cat and Fazal bhai I just FREAKED OUT!!

And this off roading Jeeps in the desert flying in the air stories!!

Man o Man this team bhp is WILD !!
You never know

We are one crazy gang of bhpians, ever thirsty for information, pictures and drives. Where else do we need to go? I've been a silent reader for over three years before I joined. From then its been an addiction to say the least. I am trying to give back what I had taken by contributing some threads from my side on travelogues section. Was apprehensive when I started, now to write here is an addiction BHPian have been very kind to me. The mods are just rocking by keeping the place clutter free.

Where else do we need to go?

Indeed TBHP is more wilder than it seems, its attractive, its informative and its ADDICTIVE!
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 13:01   #169
BHPian
 
nanduchitnis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 494
Thanked: 295 Times
Default Re: Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
You never know

We are one crazy gang of bhpians, ever thirsty for information, pictures and drives. Where else do we need to go? I've been a silent reader for over three years before I joined. From then its been an addiction to say the least. I am trying to give back what I had taken by contributing some threads from my side on travelogues section. Was apprehensive when I started, now to write here is an addiction BHPian have been very kind to me. The mods are just rocking by keeping the place clutter free.

Where else do we need to go?

Indeed TBHP is more wilder than it seems, its attractive, its informative and its ADDICTIVE!
Laluks> Agree 100 %. Earlier I used to read a lot about the cars reviews, Jeep reviews, offroading. Accidently I started to read travel stories and then I really got hooked. Thanks to T Bhp travel section, my next destination is wild life jungles.

Can you please tell me which is your own fave travel story? I will search no doubt where you travelled and how.

Next few days I will read up tsk and Rudra. Even while seeing India Pak match I had my lappy and I was finishing Rudra Sen and TSK's stories Ladakh story!

Jeez !!


Last edited by nanduchitnis : 31st March 2011 at 13:04.
nanduchitnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 13:01   #170
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 656 Times
Default Re: Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09

This is the first time that Pangong is visible when you are driving towards it. The road curves and then suddenly the two hills part showing something deep blue in the far.

As if the God accidently spilled his Indigo Blue Chelpark bottle...

In June 2009, when I reached this spot and saw exactly the same scene, I heard a gasp of breath intake followed by a loud scream. I slammed the brakes and the car came to a standstill.

It was my wife who was looking far ahead with her jaws open. She had screamed.

I stood there soaking in the scenery. It seemed like eternity. The honk from my friend's car behind brought me back to my senses. Wanted to reach the waters asap to feel it.

In the process totally forgot to take my camera and capture this for posterity. Out of my all Ladakh pictures, this is the only one that is missing.

Whose picture do I steal and keep? TSK's, Nandu's or should I wait for Rudra to go and click one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
PANGONG TSO

The first glimpse of the Mighty Pangong Tso.

Attachment 524756

gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 16:11   #171
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default Re: Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09

My productivity came to a stand still from 1pm to 4.10pm on a world fools' day and I find it totally worth Got glued to this travelogue since lunchtime and enjoyed every word and image posted here. My wish to visit Ladakh started from the moment I saw '3 Idiots' ! Hope to make it very soon, purely for photography and a mind refreshing experience.

Thanks to Nandusir and I am already your fan. Rated 5 stars here and looking forward to more interesting stuff from you. Whatever you write about, it should be interesting.
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 16:15   #172
BHPian
 
sanjaykaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 149
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Whose picture do I steal and keep? TSK's, Nandu's or should I wait for Rudra to go and click one?
You don't have to steal the picture GD sir. All you need to do is, plan a new trip, stop there and click as many as you want. How about this June/July?
sanjaykaul is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 18:29   #173
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 656 Times
Default Re: Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09

Am already scheduled on a long trip covering three National Sanctuaries in MP. This June/July is ruled out. If I do so, then my other two partners shall move an impeachment motion in absentia, and pass a verdict ex-parte and expel me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykaul View Post

You don't have to steal the picture GD sir. All you need to do is, plan a new trip, stop there and click as many as you want. How about this June/July?

Last edited by gd1418 : 1st April 2011 at 18:31.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 19:21   #174
BHPian
 
nanduchitnis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 494
Thanked: 295 Times
Default Re: Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
My productivity came to a stand still from 1pm to 4.10pm on a world fools' day and I find it totally worth Got glued to this travelogue since lunchtime and enjoyed every word and image posted here. Whatever you write about, it should be interesting.
Shajufx> Thank you so much for the compliments! I do plan to post a few Travel stories, but I have to read so many before I do that. Guru, Fazal Bhai, Coocat, Doctor saab are the ones for me to put us into the jungles this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Am already scheduled on a long trip covering three National Sanctuaries in MP. This June/July is ruled out. If I do so, then my other two partners shall move an impeachment motion in absentia, and pass a verdict ex-parte and expel me...
Guru saab> Just tell the tigers to be there for us when we come !! Please dont scare them away!!

And yes when shooting tigers hope you dont get off the Jeep!

Rgds
nanduchitnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 19:24   #175
BHPian
 
nanduchitnis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 494
Thanked: 295 Times
Default Re: Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post

Whose picture do I steal and keep? TSK's, Nandu's or should I wait for Rudra to go and click one?
Sir for pics:

1. Rudra Sen> He is the king.
2. TSK> His Ladakh TL is the best iteration of information and photography.

Last

3. Nandu Chitnis!

What the heck I am # 3 !!!

Thank you so much!

Rgds
nanduchitnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 19:27   #176
BHPian
 
nanduchitnis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 494
Thanked: 295 Times
Default Re: Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post

Whose picture do I steal and keep? TSK's, Nandu's or should I wait for Rudra to go and click one?
Sir for pics:

1. Rudra Sen> He is the Raja of Ladakh
2. TSK> His TL is the best iteration of information and photography on Ladakh. As well as Lalu's.

Last

3. Nandu Chitnis!

What the heck I am # 3 !!!

Thank you so much!

Rgds
nanduchitnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 20:25   #177
Senior - BHPian
 
Fauji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,469
Thanked: 955 Times
Default Re: Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
This is the first time that Pangong is visible when you are driving towards it. The road curves and then suddenly the two hills part showing something deep blue in the far.

As if the God accidently spilled his Indigo Blue Chelpark bottle...

In June 2009, when I reached this spot and saw exactly the same scene, I heard a gasp of breath intake followed by a loud scream. I slammed the brakes and the car came to a standstill.

It was my wife who was looking far ahead with her jaws open. She had screamed.

I stood there soaking in the scenery. It seemed like eternity. The honk from my friend's car behind brought me back to my senses. Wanted to reach the waters asap to feel it.

In the process totally forgot to take my camera and capture this for posterity. Out of my all Ladakh pictures, this is the only one that is missing.

Whose picture do I steal and keep? TSK's, Nandu's or should I wait for Rudra to go and click one?
GD sir, you just echeoed my feelings. we had similar experience when we were in Ladakh last June. My wife was very excited to see this place and the reaction of hers was same like your wife's.

The way Pongso appears out of the blue is a "wow" experience. Time stand still here and you become part of nature. The setting is just awesome.

I have never come across better pics of the region anywhere other than in TBHP. It is just amazing to see so many beautiful pics by TSK or Laluks or Nandu.

Just attaching the first sight of lake as taken by our small camera.

Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-pong.jpg

I have made up my mind to buy a good SLR camera. enough of this compact stuff.
Fauji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 20:33   #178
BHPian
 
nanduchitnis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 494
Thanked: 295 Times
Default Re: Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
GD sir, you just echeoed my feelings. we had similar experience when we were in Ladakh last June. My wife was very excited to see this place and the reaction of hers was same like your wife's.


Attachment 526305

I have made up my mind to buy a good SLR camera. enough of this compact stuff.
Fauji saab>Absolutely ! Bike ride I had Coolpix, next time I had DSLR....lekin let me warn you tis HARD WORK with dslr's!

And you have to shoot RAW images and post process. Took me one year to learn.

But if u are software savvy no issues.

Humraa fauji brains is in the heels !!
nanduchitnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 22:12   #179
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 656 Times
Default Re: Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09

Commander, I've been invited by the Collarwaali to her den for a dinner date. I've yet to accept. If I do, then surely will convey your message..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post

Guru saab> Just tell the tigers to be there for us when we come !!
Now if the Tigers get scared seeing me, then should I take that as a huge compliment??


Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post

Please dont scare them away!!
I did that only once on 30th Jan, 2011 in Sariska and mentally kicked myself in the back for doing so.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
And yes when shooting tigers hope you dont get off the Jeep!

Rgds
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 16:38   #180
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 288 Times
Default Re: Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09

Take a bow sir!!

Seriously, I do not how differently should I revere you to make you feel that I really mean it!!

I still vividly remember how you introduced yourself and ma'am in our trip to Lavasa! Back then I did not know about your trip(s) to Ladakh! Not that it took away any credit from (the pic of figo that you took is still my most fav and is my DP) but the reason why I am writing all this is to say that I am proud to had met you guys!

Convey my respects to ma'am!! You are indeed an inspiration for us!
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scotland - Driving through mountains, lakes and the sea Uprasenjit Travelogues 16 24th January 2017 02:25
Desert Storm'd into the Thar Desert and the Little Rann of Kutch //M Travelogues 67 28th November 2015 10:52
5000kms and 12 Passes, a 20 day wild wild ride to the roof of the world! tsk1979 Travelogues 556 19th August 2015 10:42
A Wild Wild ride to the Mighty Chansal Ghati tsk1979 Travelogues 44 26th January 2009 18:21
India Awakening? SumitB Shifting gears 2 18th January 2008 01:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:11.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks