Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 27th April 2011, 20:57   #181
BHPian

Default Re: Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09

Love your FIGO !! We remeber that ride to Lavasa !
nanduchitnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 20:58   #182
BHPian

Default Re: Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09

Thanks to all Team Bhp members.....will post a TL sooon...

Rgds
Old 1st November 2011, 11:32   #183
BHPian

For some strange reason missed this travelogue completely!

And then this morning, happened to see it and could not stop myself from viewing it from the first to the last page!

Words are not enough to describe both your journeys to the Land of the Gods (That's what I like to call it!).

I humbly bow down to Mrs. C and You for travelling to Ladakh on a bike on some of the most torturous roads in the world. What an experience it would have been and what a lesson for us so called youngsters who sit back and enjoy the travelogues on a computer screen!

Sir your writing skills: "KYA KEHNA" your photography: "LAJAWAAB"

"" I met many wise Ladakhi people. I asked them
"Tell me why I have come again?"
They said "You have come back because you listen to your heart. You have come to listen to the song of the mountains, the winds here will speak to you. Stay silent, breathe deep. You will return home a "Ladakhi Monk" .
They were right.""
Commander the above sums up in a very few words why people keep returning to the mountains! Brilliantly put Sir!

Once again my respects and kudos to the two of you!
BolBolero is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 11:47   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
will post a TL sooon...

Rgds
Sir so which region are you covering this time around? Curiosity got the better of me and could not resist asking.
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 11:55   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
For some strange reason missed this travelogue completely!

And then this morning, happened to see it and could not stop myself from viewing it from the first to the last page!

Words are not enough to describe both your journeys to the Land of the Gods (That's what I like to call it!).

I humbly bow down to Mrs. C and You for travelling to Ladakh on a bike on some of the most torturous roads in the world. What an experience it would have been and what a lesson for us so called youngsters who sit back and enjoy the travelogues on a computer screen!

Sir your writing skills: "KYA KEHNA" your photography: "LAJAWAAB"

"" I met many wise Ladakhi people. I asked them
"Tell me why I have come again?"
They said "You have come back because you listen to your heart. You have come to listen to the song of the mountains, the winds here will speak to you. Stay silent, breathe deep. You will return home a "Ladakhi Monk" .
They were right.""
Commander the above sums up in a very few words why people keep returning to the mountains! Brilliantly put Sir!

Once again my respects and kudos to the two of you!
Gautam

Thanks for your post which fires us up to hit the road again. Medini has read this too and is quite overwhelmed for your words of praise. Yes she enjoyed the hard riding conditions and wants to repeat Ladakh on a mobike which I REFUSE !! When I look at the pics I wonder how we pulled off the ride !

I remember we met up at Lavasa.

Regards

Nandu n Medini
nanduchitnis is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 11:57   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Sir so which region are you covering this time around? Curiosity got the better of me and could not resist asking.
Pune>Baroda>Ahemdabad>Jodhpur > Jaisalmer>Pune. Did that on the Honda City!
Old 1st November 2011, 12:37   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Gautam

Thanks for your post which fires us up to hit the road again. Medini has read this too and is quite overwhelmed for your words of praise. Yes she enjoyed the hard riding conditions and wants to repeat Ladakh on a mobike which I REFUSE !! When I look at the pics I wonder how we pulled off the ride !

I remember we met up at Lavasa.

Regards

Nandu n Medini
It is mind over matter Commander Sir! You require as much mental strength as physical strength if not more, to drive / ride to Ladakh and more so for riding! But once there you would keep wanting to do it again and again!

Slightly
Yes we very much did meet at Lavasa. Glad that you remembered!
I remember you promising me some delicious Misal Pav on the way to Lavasa. Will take you up on that offer soon!

Regards to Madam and You.
BolBolero is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 12:38   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis

Pune>Baroda>Ahemdabad>Jodhpur > Jaisalmer>Pune. Did that on the Honda City!
I thoroughly look forward to your TL of Rajasthan.
Its one which we really would love to cover.
Have heard a lot about the great roads Rajasthan has to offer.
And since you have covered it in a Honda City, just makes it that much more interesting for me.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 06:11   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
I thoroughly look forward to your TL of Rajasthan.
Its one which we really would love to cover.
Have heard a lot about the great roads Rajasthan has to offer.
And since you have covered it in a Honda City, just makes it that much more interesting for me.
MD Saab> Sir will post the TL in a few days time.

Thanks !
Old 1st December 2011, 20:13   #190
BHPian

Please wait for my next TL. Have been very busy catching up with T Bhp triplogs. Cant match Ladakh but yes there are stories to tell.

Rgds to all T Bhp
Old 19th April 2013, 14:36   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Capt / Commander. You are a true inspiration. I have no words to describe the feeling I got when i read the entire TLog. Hats off to you and the missus. More to the missus for going through this. Even on plain city roads, that we have in Pune, riding as a pillion is exhausting. i cant even imagine what she must have gone through. Once again- RESPECT!

Rating the thread (and you) a well deserved 5 stars.

Swanand> We riding again on the Duke solo Aug 2013 to Ladakh. It is her call.
Old 19th April 2013, 14:39   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
@nanduchitnis, the best time of ones life to undertake long road trips is perhaps the time when your kids are settled and most of life's worldly responsibilities are taken care of.

I used to feel that it may be difficult to continue with our road trips in the times to come on account of family commitments. But your courageous venture has renewed my hopes once again.

With my 3 kids aged between 13 and 20, still time for us to reach there. In the meantime, the smaller road trips continue.

The Ladakh terrain is very harsh and it requires a lot of will power, grit and determination to battle the nature's elements. Perhaps expecting the unexpected at each turn is what makes travel through this terrain so exciting. Wishing you good luck for your onward journey.
Riding to Leh at age 62 and she now fatter at age 58 on my DUKE. It is her lasy dying call on mother earth. Amen.
Old 19th April 2013, 15:35   #193
BHPian

It is never over till it is over for this Lady of Ladakh on A Bike, a grand mom of a cute 5 year old grand daughter.

This time on a DUKE.

All MINIMALISTIC. It is her CALL, NOT MINE.

Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-captain-nandu-chitnis.jpg

Ride Starts Aug 2013. Off roading practice in slush and mud starts mid July 2013.
Attached Thumbnails
Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-medini2.jpg  

Last edited by nanduchitnis : 19th April 2013 at 15:38.
Old 23rd April 2013, 08:31   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

WOW!!
Awaiting updates and more.
sudev is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 12:44   #195
BHPian

Default Re: Ladakh, 20 Aug, 2013.

My wife Medini has been pestering me for one last Ladakh Ride on the Bike. Her last dying wish as she put it.

I dived into her wishing well head first like an Oly Champ.

I also invited my nephew, Ashim Ranadive to join us. He is a track racing junkie and great on bikes.

We have booked our flight tickets to Jammu 20th August and return from Leh to Delhi 02 Sept 2013.

We are still planning our route timeline.

Meanwhile my Bajaj Pulsar 220, model 2008, is in excellent condition and is at the Bajaj Service Station for first line of Servicing.

The Duke will get a tyre change too.

We have started to practice Off Roading today onwards.

Medini gets 90 days notice to drop weight from 66 to 55 kgs.

I am 70 kgs and plan to drop 5 kgs Ballast.

Ashim will most likely ride the DUKE. He does not want a pillion in Medini so I will ride my old war horse, the P-220 DTfi.

Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-medini-teambhp-2.jpg

OFF ROADING IN THE CANAL TRACKS.

Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-off-roading-started-2.jpg

Commander Nandu Chitnis
Veteran Indian Navy
1971 Indo Pak War