Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 7th August 2013, 14:16   #211
BHPian

Default Re: Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09

So now for my Lady Love of 40 years lets sing the song "SUMMER WINE"

" Strawberries and the Cherries and the Angels kiss in Springs
My SUMMER WINE is really made from all these things...."

This is SUMMER WINE who wants to RIDE to Ladakh on a brand new bike, a grand mother aged 58!!

Wish her well.
Attached Thumbnails
Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-medini2.jpg  

Last edited by nanduchitnis : 7th August 2013 at 14:18.
nanduchitnis is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2013, 16:06   #212
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Medini is super fit dropped 6 kgs weight and swims 1 hour followed by walk one hour. We fly to Jammu 20th Aug. Ride starts 21 Aug. Thanks.
Quote:
Wish her well.
Hello Sir,

Wish both of you all the best for the adventure trip & kindly remember that we (lesser mortals aged 20 / 30 / 40 years, sitting in comforts of home / office) are egarly waiting to read your detailed updates & travelogue.

I sincerely appreciate your wife's determination. Losing 6 kgs & 1 hour walk immediately after 1 hour swimming session is something even youth would shy away from.

I am sure you both will be counting days & desperately waiting for 21st August, to start the epic trip.

Regards,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2013, 16:10   #213
BHPian

Dear Sir,
Your wife and you have humbled me-just wish that we meet somewhere along the way as we will be in and around Leh about the same days (starting from Bangalore in our Ritz on 15 Aug-I will turn 60 at the end of this drive-Sep). Just me and the wife. Will driving into Jammu on 20th if all goes well, via Amritsar. Will be looking out for a very dashing couple on bikes. My wife has got her evening cut today reading this Log!!!

Regards,

Col Jude Mayne
Judemayne is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 03:19   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Sir,

Wish both of you all the best for the adventure trip & kindly remember that we (lesser mortals aged 20 / 30 / 40 years, sitting in comforts of home / office) are egarly waiting to read your detailed updates & travelogue.

I sincerely appreciate your wife's determination. Losing 6 kgs & 1 hour walk immediately after 1 hour swimming session is something even youth would shy away from.

I am sure you both will be counting days & desperately waiting for 21st August, to start the epic trip.

Regards,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judemayne View Post
Dear Sir,
Your wife and you have humbled me-just wish that we meet somewhere along the way as we will be in and around Leh about the same days (starting from Bangalore in our Ritz on 15 Aug-I will turn 60 at the end of this drive-Sep). Just me and the wife. Will driving into Jammu on 20th if all goes well, via Amritsar. Will be looking out for a very dashing couple on bikes. My wife has got her evening cut today reading this Log!!!

Regards,

Col Jude Mayne
Col Jude.

We will arrive Jammu 20th Aug and start the ride morning 21 Aug to Patni Top which is some 40 kms from Jammu.

Patni top is a beautiful stop over.

There is a chance we can meet at Jammu given your time line.

My cell # 09890408878 and # 09422004706

I have reservations with the Army at Jammu.

Rgds

Jignesh: Our bikes are serviced and Ladakh ready. They will be transported to GATI 10 August to arrive at Jammu 18 Aug.
nanduchitnis is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 14:24   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
My productivity came to a stand still from 1pm to 4.10pm on a world fools' day and I find it totally worth Got glued to this travelogue since lunchtime and enjoyed every word and image posted here. My wish to visit Ladakh started from the moment I saw '3 Idiots' ! Hope to make it very soon, purely for photography and a mind refreshing experience.

Thanks to Nandu Sir and I am already your fan. Rated 5 stars here and looking forward to more interesting stuff from you. Whatever you write about, it should be interesting.
Awesome ...thanks.

This time round I will wrap up my trip log in one long monolog. It will not match the the awesomeness of my earlier trip log.

Yes some add ons like helmet mounted Vids.

This is a repeat ride for my Lady Love

Aint she cute?

Rgds
Attached Thumbnails
Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-summer-wine.jpg  

nanduchitnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 12:49   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judemayne View Post
Dear Sir,

Regards,

Col Jude Mayne
Col Jude

Change of route plans. I have been advised by HV Kumar Highway Drivers group on FB that instead of HW 1A to do the new Moghul Route from Jammu to Srinagar. I am booked at BB Mess for 22 Aug.

Enroute will stop for a night.

Traffic on the 1A is a nightmare these days according to T Bhpians already there enroute to Leh. Even Zhojilla is jammed. Srinagar and places along route HW 1A is troubled with unrest.

Take a call.

Rgds

Last edited by nanduchitnis : 10th August 2013 at 12:55.
Old 10th August 2013, 13:07   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Me too, me too.

You guys can ask for a dance with the Commander. I've already been given permission to dance with the Commandress... Greater fan of her to have biked all the way to Leh.
GD Sir,

02 Sept at around 3 pm please come to the IG Airport to dance with Lady Medini.
Old 10th August 2013, 19:13   #218
BHPian

Both Summer Wine and the Duke have been loaded for shipment by road transport to Jammu today.

We are going to take a new route from Jammu to Srinagar

It is called the MOGHUL route.

My Roger helped me with the packing and loading.

Rgds
Attached Thumbnails
Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-summer-wine.jpg  

Attached Images

nanduchitnis is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2013, 14:53   #219
BHPian

[quote=nanduchitnis;3204904]Col Jude

Change of route plans. I have been advised by HV Kumar Highway Drivers group on FB that instead of HW 1A to do the new Moghul Route from Jammu to Srinagar. I am booked at BB Mess for 22 Aug.

(was posted in this region for three tenures-difficult route with terrible roads-in those days-wonder if there has been progrees-very lonely-accept you cannot beat the scenic view)

Enroute will stop for a night. (Suggest-Narian or Rajourior or BG or JWG-will not be able to make it to Bafiliaz in a day?? ) HVK can throw some light on recent improvements)

Take a call.

We will be following the normal route-if the situation improves. if all is well "When the hurly burly is done" -we will meet at Leh
Judemayne is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2013, 20:56   #220
BHPian

So we are done.

Our bikes are enroute to Jammu.

We have Air Tkts to Jammu 20th Aug.

We ride 21 Aug.

JK still disturbed.

Landslide rains in passes.

Am loving it.

Trip log 2007 was a breeze, here there are challenges.

Amen.
Old 15th August 2013, 20:58   #221
BHPian

[quote=Judemayne;3206319]
Quote:
Col Jude

We will be following the normal route-if the situation improves. if all is well "When the hurly burly is done" -we will meet at Leh
Jude I am following you on the same route. No Moghul Rd.

Will meet you tomorrow morning on Nagar Road.

Drive Safe.

Rgds
Old 15th August 2013, 21:23   #222
BHPian

Jude JK rocking with curfews landslides, firing and lots more, man o man tis gonna be a great drive/ride

:-)

Rgds
Old 15th August 2013, 21:46   #223
BHPian

Quote:
My wife and I ...our backs held up well. She Medini swims 16 lengths of the pool followed by 1 hr walk 5 days a week.
She is not scared of off roading.
Respected Captain Sir and Madam,

Thank you for giving us a jolt and waking up us from our slumber.

Thank you for shaming us for all our lethargy.

Yes, sir, this is not about a Travel to Ladhak or some other place, or about riding, driving, to remote places, but - this is about the whole aspect of 'life style' we young / middle aged, urban, civilians have adopted.

Thank you for providing the 'perspective' that is truly missing in leading our lives.

- Sai
Vihari is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 07:04   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari View Post
Respected Captain Sir and Madam,

Thank you for giving us a jolt and waking up us from our slumber.

Thank you for shaming us for all our lethargy.

Yes, sir, this is not about a Travel to Ladhak or some other place, or about riding, driving, to remote places, but - this is about the whole aspect of 'life style' we young / middle aged, urban, civilians have adopted.

Thank you for providing the 'perspective' that is truly missing in leading our lives.

- Sai

Sai

This is an amazing post.

Medini has read it and is delighted.

As I said this bike ride is HER CALL. She has the genes of a Maratha Soldier in her.

Meanwhile I am pumping my self listening to songs like:

a) Summer Wine> Nancy Sinatra
b) The Final Count Down> Europe
c) Keep The Faith> Bon Jovi

Music helps shape up tough rides.

Latest updates from Team bhp Members in the Valley of J&K, Zojilla Pass, Khardungla, Kargil is none too good.

Curfew has just been lifted in Jammu, heavy rains have caused land slides in Zojilla and other passes, law and order is still a concern in the Valley.

Yet she wants to do the ride.

Hastily I have made a WILL

You never know

Rgds
nanduchitnis is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 13:28   #225
Senior - BHPian

2nd Sept is when you return from Jammu on your way back? And would that be T 3 or 1 C at the IGI Airport. Flight number would be of help Sir.

Quote:

GD Sir,

02 Sept at around 3 pm please come to the IG Airport to dance with Lady Medini.

gd1418 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote