Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 26th March 2011, 10:12   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09

Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-road.jpg <br /> <b>Oh Ladakh</b><br /> <br />
You are not just the Mountains<br />
You are a <b>Thousand Beautiful Things</b><br /> <br />
So here we come again,<br />
On your <b>beautiful Roads</b>.<br /> <br />
And I <b>DONT</b> ever want to close my eyes again<br /> <br />
Because <br /> <br /> <b>You are a Thousand Beauitful Things!!</b><br /> <br />
Love to You<br /> <br /> <b>Nandu and Medini</b></div>   <div style=
nanduchitnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 10:17   #107
BHPian

Default Re: Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09

Amazing, astonishing, astounding, breathtaking, brilliant, charming, excellent, exciting, fabulous, fantastic, fascinating, hypnotic, incredible, magnetic, marvelous, mesmerizing, outstanding, rhythmic, spellbinding, splendid, superb, thrilling, wonderful, magnificent and much moreeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Sorry for disturbing the flow,,, please continue sir
sanjaykaul is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 11:28   #108
BHPian

Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-nubra-river.jpg <br /> <b>LADAKH OH LADAKH</b><br /> <br />
Take me to this River<br />
Drop me in the water<br /> <br />
I just want to know<br />
Can you tell me<br />
Why <b>I love u </b><br /> <br />
Take all my <b>money </b><br />
And my god damn <b>cigarettes</b><br /> <br />
But Just Tell Me why <b>I love you</b>!!<br /> <br /> <b>DROP ME IN THIS RIVER <br />
Dip me in your WATERS!!!<br /> </b><br />
Do I really want to know<br />
Why I love you...<br /> <br /> <b>I guess I do</b>....<br /> <br />
Luv you Ladakh<br /> <br /> <b>Medini and Nandu<br /> </b></div>   <div style=
Old 26th March 2011, 11:32   #109
BHPian

Sir / Mam,
Hats Off to you both. I agree with the rest Mam deserves more.

One more -You are not some kind of Role Model - You are the role model and a source of inspiration, please do not belittle yourself.

You have done something which I keep dreaming. Last year I planned a Ladaakh trip with my friends and it got cancelled because all of us got married in and around the trip date. It is on my cards and your travelogue just makes me long for it more and more.

I would also like to appreciate you desire to learn. Learning is important at all ages and I see you as a living example. I will try to be you when I reach your age, FREE.

Thanks for your awe inspiring travelogue. I hate to see it end. Please do write some more of your experiences. I totally disagree with you that writing down your experiences is difficult o your part. You have done total justice.

Sorry for being a rebel at times, but I couldn't stop disagreeing at some points.
Funda is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 12:00   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykaul View Post
Amazing, astonishing, astounding, breathtaking, brilliant, charming, excellent, exciting, fabulous, fantastic, fascinating, hypnotic, incredible, magnetic, marvelous, mesmerizing, outstanding, rhythmic, spellbinding, splendid, superb, thrilling, wonderful, magnificent and much moreeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Sorry for disturbing the flow,,, please continue sir

No you are not disturbing me at all! Infact comments like the one you make is a gift from heavens.

Keep them coming !!

But I want to know
Why I love Ladakh !!

Old 26th March 2011, 12:11   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Mrs Chitnis if you are reading this post of your husband, have it printed in beautiful font and frame it to adorn your wall at home.

This is one of the most beautiful posts I have come across in ages. You articulate beautifully Mr Chitnis

Wishing you well
DGK saab!

Thanks a lot for these lovely compliments.

It is an IDEA to frame this !!

Rgds

The Ladakhi Monk
Old 26th March 2011, 12:19   #112
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
But I want to know
Why I love Ladakh !!
Its not easy explaing the real reason but here's one that comes to my mind that just may apply.

For time immemorial Man has sought to retreat into environs like these as part of his spiritual journey, which explains to a great extent why many sadhus retreated into the Himalayas. One of the reasons why people have done so is that the phenomenal beauty of the place fills you to a point where your own seemingly ceaseless chatter of the brain draws to a ebb allowing you a glimpse of the inner peace and lure of a absolutely quiet mind. While such an experience can affect you for the rest of your life a deeper and greater challenge is to find such peace and tranquility in the hustle and bustle of urban life. When you do, these places then take on a totally different hue which cannot be explained by any words. Hopefully this explains why you possibly are drawn to Ladakh over and over again?

Last edited by DKG : 26th March 2011 at 12:32.
DKG is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 12:29   #113
BHPian

Flash Back

I was a photographer, but without much skills. After our mobike ride I decided that to do justice to Ladakh, I have to learn photography.

I was in USA with our kids when I bot the Nikon D 80 D SLR. Via flickr I met many
young passionate photographers who put me through the ropes of Photography.

Once I was ready, I started to plan my Ladakh 2009 trip. This time I had to catch the snow and Ice for which the good time to go was as soon as the passes open in June.

I linked up with the Photographers Club of Ahemdabad at Manali.

We did this trip with 6 other hot photographers. The advantage was that we could stop the Sumos where ever and when ever we wanted to do photography.

The thing to do in Ladakh is to CATCH the light and the shades, both in one frame when shooting mountains. Watch for dust strorms in Nubra Valley for amazing HDR photography.

Also when you halt at Sarchu, at night, shoot star trails which I missed due freezing night tempratures and HAMS.

I will not tell you here what and where I shot the pics. I will be speaking direct to the mountains, the rivers, the lakes and the Gods.

Thus far I hope you approve my style.

Another 40 pics yet to be uploaded ! Please bear with me.

Regards

Nandu

Last edited by nanduchitnis : 26th March 2011 at 12:43.
Old 26th March 2011, 12:47   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykaul View Post
Amazing, astonishing, etc. etc.
Commander, this fellow Sanjay stole all the words. I was sitting with the Oxford & the Chamber's, looking for words to express, but he beat me to it.

More than the pictures, it is the narration, the grit & the will to do. And I won't use the phrase - "at this age" and belittle the teenager in you & the Lady.

The picture in post #: 105 is simply....(groping for words)....(failed)...
gd1418 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 12:59   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Commander, this fellow Sanjay stole all the words. I was sitting with the Oxford & the Chamber's, looking for words to express, but he beat me to it.

More than the pictures, it is the narration, the grit & the will to do. And I won't use the phrase - "at this age" and belittle the teenager in you & the Lady.

The picture in post #: 105 is simply....(groping for words)....(failed)...

Guru > Absolutely, Sanjay had me knocked down like some heavy weight punch with his words!!

I thought I should end my thread here itself !!

Oh yes that pic is one of the better ones.

38 yet to upload.....Inshallah !! Kab hoga !!

Rgds

The Ladakhi Monk

Last edited by nanduchitnis : 26th March 2011 at 13:03.
Old 26th March 2011, 15:47   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Flash Back
Thus far I hope you approve my style.
Commander,
Juust love your style!
A Commander, traveler, poet, photographer, foodie, husband, father, biker, smoker, young and handsome.
Where does it end?
Regards,
fazalaliadil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 17:47   #117
BHPian

Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-old-women.jpg <br />
 ॐ मणि पद्मे हूँ<br /> <br />
Aum Mane Padme Hum <br />
Aum Mane Pade Hum<br />
Aum Mane Padme Hum <br />
Aum Mane Padme Hum<br /> <br /> <br />
"Tibetan Buddhists believe that saying the mantra (prayer), Om Mani Padme Hum, to oneself, invokes the powerful benevolent attention and blessings of <b>Chenrezig</b>, the embodiment of compassion. Viewing the written form of the mantra is said to have the same effect -- it is often carved into stones. <br /> <br />
Spinning the written form of the mantra around in a <b>Mani wheel</b> (or prayer wheel) is also believed to give the same benefit as saying the mantra, and Mani wheels, small hand wheels and large wheels with millions of copies of the mantra inside, are found everywhere in the lands influenced by Tibetan Buddhism."<br /> <br />
These beautiful Ladakhi women have grown old silently singing the Mantra  <b>"Om Mani Padme Hum"<br /> </b></div>   <div style=
Old 26th March 2011, 18:06   #118
BHPian

Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-3639368123_60d7226f2c_b.jpg <br />
Frozen <b>SURAJ TAL</b><br /> <br />
"The Good Shine From Afar<br />
Like the snowy Himalayas<br />
The bad don't appear<br />
Even when near<br />
Cleanse your soul<br />
In this frozen river<br />
Bide your time<br />
For the Gods are here"<br /> <br /> <b>Gautam Bhudda<br /> <br />
Amen<br /> </b></div>   <div style=
Old 26th March 2011, 18:52   #119
BHPian

Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-mountain-blowing.jpg <br /> <b>THE MOUNTAIN IS BLOWING IN THE WIND</b><br /> <br />
"For how many years can a mountain exist<br />
Before it's washed to the sea?<br />
Yes, 'n' how many years can some people exist<br />
Before they are allowed to be free.<br />
Yes, 'n' how many times can a man turn his head,<br />
Pretending he just doesn't see?<br /> <br /> <b>The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,<br />
The answer is blowin' in the wind."<br /> </b><br /> <i><b>Bob Dylan<br /> </b></i><br />
Note: This image was picked up by <b>Getty Images for sale in USA.<br /> <br />
"Aum Mane Padme Hum"<br /> </b></div>   <div style=
Old 26th March 2011, 19:15   #120
BHPian

they say pictures speak louder than words....I say ur pictures are shouting the beauty that Ladakh is. Hats off Sir and Mam for the brilliant effort on the ride and photography.
I mean you call urself senior citizens, with all respect, this is a deed less can finish...hats off
justwheels is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote