Team-BHP - Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/98467-through-wild-desert-mountains-spiritual-awakening-ladakh-2007-09-a-9.html)

Again and again I return to see the pictures. They are amazing in themselves but each time the magnetic pull of doing a return journey increases. Its been two year since my last visit.

To the Commander and High Command : Kudos clap:

the Lama Surveys His Country From The Top Of The Mountains

Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-lama.jpg

!! IT'S A KIND Of MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC !!!

Attachment 523800

SUNDAY WALL PAPER GIFT FOR TEAM BHP MEMBERS

The magic of HDR photogrpahy begins now.

Note: This photo was selected by Getty Images for sale in USA.

Rgds

Nandu n Medini

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanduchitnis (Post 2293408)
!! IT'S A KIND Of MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC !!!

SUNDAY WALL PAPER GIFT FOR TEAM BHP MEMBERS

The magic of HDR photogrpahy begins now.

Super Sir. Sunday morning bliss. Keep it coming. :thumbs up

There appears to be a problem with the picture on post number 123.

Inserting the image again.

"ITS A KIND OF MAGIC !!

Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-hdr.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanduchitnis (Post 2289676)

Now that I had this bike I needed to do something .....and thus I started romancing the roads on a Bike!

This says a lot about your spirit.
A supremely marvelous statement and inspiring too. Smells of nothing less than Wanderlust.
Lovely pics and a superb travelogue. A beautiful couple on a beautiful trip(called life) serving as much needed inspiration to many in these different times.

Cheers to you both,

Jay

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKG (Post 2292723)

For time immemorial Man has sought to retreat into environs like these as part of his spiritual journey, which explains to a great extent why many sadhus retreated into the Himalayas. One of the reasons why people have done so is that the phenomenal beauty of the place fills you to a point where your own seemingly ceaseless chatter of the brain draws to a ebb allowing you a glimpse of the inner peace and lure of a absolutely quiet mind. While such an experience can affect you for the rest of your life a deeper and greater challenge is to find such peace and tranquility in the hustle and bustle of urban life. When you do, these places then take on a totally different hue which cannot be explained by any words. Hopefully this explains why you possibly are drawn to Ladakh over and over again?

DKG> Spot on. Thanks !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fazalaliadil (Post 2292896)
Commander,
Juust love your style!
A Commander, traveler, poet, photographer, foodie, husband, father, biker, smoker, young and handsome.
Where does it end?
Regards,

!! GOLF !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by justwheels (Post 2293070)
they say pictures speak louder than words....I say ur pictures are shouting the beauty that Ladakh is. Hats off Sir and Mam for the brilliant effort on the ride and photography.
I mean you call urself senior citizens, with all respect, this is a deed less can finish...hats off

Just Wheels> Thank you. Please keep coming back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudev (Post 2293360)
Again and again I return to see the pictures. They are amazing in themselves but each time the magnetic pull of doing a return journey increases. Its been two year since my last visit.

To the Commander and High Command : Kudos clap:

Sudev Sahab> I have started to read your threads on off road driving. Medini is a driving addict and wants to learn more as we keep reading your threads!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves (Post 2293513)
This says a lot about your spirit.
A supremely marvelous statement and inspiring too. Smells of nothing less than Wanderlust.
Lovely pics and a superb travelogue. A beautiful couple on a beautiful trip(called life) serving as much needed inspiration to many in these different times.

Cheers to you both,

Jay

Jay> I have finished reading your TL to Lahaul Spiti in your Tata SUV. The roads there far more dangerous than what we encountered in Ladakh.

Thank you for the compliments. Keep coming back here !

Rgds

Cdr Nandu Chitnis

Light, Shadows, Clouds and Storms Over The Nubra Valley

Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-nubra.jpg

Build up of Sandstorm at Sunset at Nubra Valley

First of the three images shot in RAW and processed without disturbing the reality that I saw on the ground.

Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-nubra-s-1.jpg

Now, I swear, I am having the time of my Life
I have never felt like this before.
Do I have to be here?
Yes I do
Did I live a life here before?
Yes I did. I can feel it in my bones.

Nandu Chitnis

Note:

Nubra Valley is about 150 km north of Leh, the capital town of Ladakh, India. Local scholars say that its original name
was Ldumra (the valley of flowers). The Shyok River meets the Nubra or Siachan River to form a large valley that separates the Ladakh and the Karakoram Ranges.
The average altitude of the valley is about 10,000 ft. above the sea level.
Like the rest of Ladakh, Nubra is a high altitude desert with rare precipitation and scant vegetation except along river
beds, where irrigated, and on high slopes.

Sand Storms over Nubra Valley, Wind speed 40 knots.

Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-nubra-2.jpg

And here I was
Dancing in the Winds !

Yes I was
Dancing dancing with the Winds

Nandu Chitnis

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanduchitnis (Post 2293785)
Dancing dancing with the Winds

Sir,
Amazing Capture. The picture is giving me goosebumps.
The evening sun rays are brilliantly portrayed.

THE MAGIC OF NUBRA

Through The Wild Desert Mountains and Spiritual Awakening. Ladakh, 2007/09-holy-smoking.jpg

Hey hey hey
Is there someone out there?
Or am I just the only one here
Wandering thru the darkness
Of your evil embace.

Hey hey hey
I am really scared
The winds are blowing
And the light is so scare.

Your darkness scares me
Throw some light in the air
Or else I will be damned
To death
In your embrace.

Nandu Chitnis

DISCLAIMER

At the out set I would like to clarify that ALL HDR PROCESSING was done by my friend on flickr by AZIZ BAMBOTIA, a Mumbai base Photographer.

He worked on the RAW images for hours on end to get the desired effects.

For quite some time he did not allow me to give credits to him but in all fairness I have to do that.

I also informed Getty Images of this later after they had selected 15 images from my Ladakh photography for sale in the USA.

Rgds

Nandu

Quote:

Originally Posted by laluks (Post 2293851)
Sir,
Amazing Capture. The picture is giving me goosebumps.
The evening sun rays are brilliantly portrayed.

Laluks> Please keep your comments coming, there is a lots to come !!

Rgds

:)

Dear Sir,
Hats off to you and your wife. The tremendous spirit of a traveller that you have, and the presence of mind you showed in tackling the adversities of a bike ride systematically lights the candle of inspiration for many young people like us.
It just reminded me that I must have been riding from the opposite direction as yours during that same time in 2007. I was doing Delhi-Chandigarh-Manali-Rohtang-Baralacha-Sarchu-Tanglang-Leh-Tanglang-Manali-Dharamsala-Pathankot-Amritsar-Wagah during late june-early july 2007 as I was part of the Himalayan Odyseey 2007 group then. I am so sad that I did not stop my bullet while probably meeting you somewhere in between.
After reading this, I think I ought to plan another trip to Ladakh soon. The best place in India, without doubt!
Cheers,
Abhi